Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Did he just invite order the cops into his friends house prove he had nothing to hide??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ded posted:

Owning a tesla is going to be like owning a delorian.

only not as cool.

A car that does 0-60 in 3 seconds will always be cool, even if the idiot king of dorks played a part in bringing it to life.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Slim Pickens posted:

A car that does 0-60 in 3 seconds will always be cool, even if the idiot king of dorks played a part in bringing it to life.

Yeah but burning rubber is only cool with cars going forward. When it's burning rubber and standing still we all point and laugh.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Wasabi the J posted:

Did he just invite order the cops into his friends house prove he had nothing to hide??

Kavanaugh aint Trump's friend. Nobody is Trump's friend. He is sending this Tucker Carlson meatsteak back to the kitchen in the most petty way possible. gently caress him, Kavanaugh is responsible for 1 whole day Trump didnt hear his name on the TV.

Edit: to clarify - I would not be surpirsed if this was motivated by spite towards the establishment ghouls that put the SCOTUS nominee menu and pitch package pushing Bert in the first place. A petty pull of a presidential lever cuz finally someone asked him a question.

KirbyKhan fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 30, 2018

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Update about that thing I posted earlier that was going on across the street:

https://twitter.com/nbcwashington/status/1046193339949879296?s=21

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Anyone you know?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Ehhh

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

boop the snoot posted:

Update about that thing I posted earlier that was going on across the street:

https://twitter.com/nbcwashington/status/1046193339949879296?s=21

Glad you got out of that attic ok.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Wasabi the J posted:

The details here are that Don McGahn, White House Counsel and Kavanaugh Friend, basically made the call on what the FBI could and couldn't look at. Trump just ordered OK FBI GO without actually ordering anything. This is a non-criminal probe, so it's weird and the FBI actually has to be told what to do.

So either 1) Trump is a gigantic idiot and didn't realize what McGahn was doing or 2) Trump is lying and knew all along.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

facialimpediment posted:

So either 1) Trump is a gigantic idiot and didn't realize what McGahn was doing or 2) Trump is lying and knew all along.

and the great thing is that both of these are probably equally likely.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Not exactly Swat worthy but apparebtly the church next to me is throwing a rave. At 11PM.

Aint yall got service in the morning? The gently caress

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Soulex posted:

Not exactly Swat worthy but apparebtly the church next to me is throwing a rave. At 11PM.

Aint yall got service in the morning? The gently caress

Last time someone called the cops to break up a party like this was the last supper, and look how that turned out.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

As Nero Danced posted:

Yeah but burning rubber is only cool with cars going forward. When it's burning rubber and standing still we all point and laugh.

I dunno how I ended up becoming a tesla white knight* but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkFoogRoQnI&t=16s

It's weird to watch without an open-exhaust V8 screaming away, but the smoke doesn't lie.

(*I think I just like electric cars)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
do you watch formula e?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Slim Pickens posted:

I dunno how I ended up becoming a tesla white knight* but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkFoogRoQnI&t=16s

It's weird to watch without an open-exhaust V8 screaming away, but the smoke doesn't lie.

(*I think I just like electric cars)

No apologies needed, that's pretty awesome (though it is a bit eerie how quiet it is). I was just trying to make a bad joke about Tesla's breaking down and catching fire. I'm with you, the cars are cool, just the company/Musk annoy me.

Funkysock
Aug 8, 2011

Clapping Larry

As Nero Danced posted:

Last time someone called the cops to break up a party like this was the last supper, and look how that turned out.

They killed the black guy?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Up until about 2 years ago, I pretty much bought the hype around Musk and everything he touches, because if all you're hearing about him is one-liners in the news about his companies creating reusable self-landing booster rockets, spacecraft, and electric cars from scratch, it's not too hard to buy into the hype.

It wasn't until sometime early last year, when I saw a video of a Tesla factory tour (before they had set up for Model 3 production, mind you) that I thought "Uh, that doesn't look thought-through at all.", so I kept reading up on some more details and that's when it hit me that I'd kinda stupidly just bought all the hype that was footed on pretty much cult of personality. The climax of that realization was when I found out that the supposedly revolutionary "battery technology" I had been hearing about was giant bricks of vape batteries taped together. Don't get me wrong, there are absolutely valid reasons to consider those things from an economic / supply chain standpoint, but when you're not just building a loving car from scratch, but intending to revolutionize the automotive sector through innovation, that's just supremely dumb.

And then, of course, came his twitter meltdowns / cave rescue / stock shenanigans, so it all went downhill from there. I honestly feel bad for the company, because I figured regardless of the figurehead, some progress / competition would come from it at the end of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

new month new thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3870172

spooktober snypa month

• Locked thread