Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

my people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

orange juche posted:

I mean I read the book so I already knew that Starship Troopers was a satirical work, but there's plenty of people who looked at Starship Troopers and thought that it was a future that humans should strive towards.

Power armour would be dope tho.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Smiling Jack posted:

NYS PL 240.26, harrassment in the second degree is considered a violation, not a crime and includes

Florida law states:

So, in New York if I slap you in the face but don't cause injury, that's merely Harassment, which is a violation and is not even an arrestable offense unless committed in the presence of a officer. (under NYS penal law, violations rank under misdemeanors and felonies and you can't arrest someone for a violation not occuring in your presence).

Florida statues state mere physical contact against your will is battery, a misdemeanor, and a previous battery conviction makes it a felony.

Florida: possible felony
New York: you probably can't even get arrested for it.

Before you go slapping the poo poo outta people in New York do note that if the victim complains of "substantial pain" or you leave a mark, that's assault 3 and we've entered misdemeanor territory.

gonna wax on wax off on my slapping technique tia god bless

boop the snoot posted:

Every state has multiple definitions of murder.

Murder by cop (not murder)
Murder by white person (regular murder)
Murdered by a minority (super murder unless against another minority — then lol what murder?)
Murdered by an immigrant (BUILD THE WALL murder)

Lol

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Thalantos posted:

I'm an idiot with anger problems, lol.

AGAB

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Hell yeah this message rules those people didn't die, I'm great.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1040218305250902017?s=19

I hate my pathetic, narcissistic, draft dodging, bitchmade PRESIDENT.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEUX-HYRtUA

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj6bHk7LmoM

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

The revolution won't be televised, however it will be on the 'gram.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

ngl i prefer our discussion to actually having to go to the CSPAM gently caress the police thread

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

EBB posted:

So what I'm hearing from the last two pages is whack anybody who calls for a lynching, and just ignore the white noise. Correct?

maffew buildings posted:

EBB, that's solid policy. I got a 6'er but sometimes I iust like to post nonsense and be a rapscallion :)

M_Gargantua posted:

Let the white noise be. It will find a happy median after a page or two. I agree with the no calling for vigilante justice on bad cops rule.

Feel free to hand out surprise sixers for egregiously poo poo hot takes though.

I'm with these two.

e: I feel the white noise bullshit, getting that poo poo out, and generally feeling heard is prob beneficial to those posters up to a point. This world is wicked and loving depraved. Saying some poo poo on the internet is cathartic, even if its obvious and said a million times in the past. As long as it doesn't go beyond the certain point, its nbd. And when its nbd just let two finger enjoy himself 6'ering nerds.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 16, 2018

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Eh, whatever, I'm just gonna be over here in my luxurious 36 square meter Munich apartment posting without asking for "xyz to be literally killed / lynched / etc." regarding some current event, I think I'll be good. Wasn't too much effort to begin with

Regarding the white power thing, now that I fully understand where the trend came from, I don't see how it's even a big problem. If this were the thumbs-up, it'd probably be a different discussion, but it's not. No one outside of loving divers or people describing how good food they are currently consuming is, uses that drat gesture.
That leaves two groups of people:

a) Racists that picked up that it's now cool to flash that gesture to signal to other racists that they're good people while thinking NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW BECAUSE IT MEANS 'OKAY' LOL
b) Right-wingers that read about the origin of this dumb trend from alt-right sources thinking they're "just trolling" liberals and are okay with being mistaken for racists

gently caress the both of them. Easy enough :shrug:

what if i just wanna gotcha somebody

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

tnk 4 cervix

Also that police song is mad creepy.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

fair enough

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

EBB posted:

the border wall built by good in-diddley-tentions

СУКИ!!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Did we do drake chat yet? If not let me kick it off for wheelchair jimmy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRwhm-B6yNI

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

McNally posted:

States Rights died on November 30, 1864.

its true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

How dare a woman have a good time.

• Locked thread