Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Buddy I'd be pissed as a kid if you interrupted my Saturday morning cartoons with some dead dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

a pick me up after that

https://twitter.com/KevinLevin/status/1035636279982149633?s=19

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

yeah causing brain damage to diplomats is something to go to war over

At the very least you gotta start sanctioning and maybe support a proxy war come on

maybe a light annexation

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Mission Accomplished

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Slim Pickens posted:

Isn't that just the sign you make below your waist for that stupid shoulder-punching game that became a meme?

Yeah now she's got punchies on like half the nation

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
To be fair Heinlein is still somehow a respected author so it's not a surprise that people would be blind to the Starship Troopers movie being a satire of the novel

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Mister Sinewave posted:

It was a long time ago I guess but I honestly don't remember weird political stuff or anything in Starship Troopers, it seemed like a "wholesome" becoming-a-man-in-the-army sort of story because spaceships and power armor and finally feeling like I know what I'm doing in an environment of hardship and danger (but not too much danger to me personally) and dropping to a planet in power armor and maybe shoot a bug in the face or something.

Unless that was the satirical part since Heinlein knew perfectly well what war was like, but I really didn't get any fashy stuff I guess.

I'm guessing you assumed the wholesomeness included how all the soldiers were prime examples of masculinity and smart, honourable men while women can only be pilots and exist for the military to make male soldiers to feel the need to protect the otherwise defenseless female? also iirc only vets could vote

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
A quickie for you all to inject some hot levity into this dour as gently caress thread

https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/1039857463036665857?s=19

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Professor Bling posted:

Is this far enough removed from cops being fucks to be able to discuss it?

They're still Border Cops so we'll all get hit. It's like when Harry Potter squints at something hard enough for it to look like a snake so he can talk to it

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Acebuckeye13 posted:

What the hell else is he supposed to say? "gently caress Joe Manchin and gently caress him specifically?"

Love to throw women under the bus for realpolitik

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Sacrist65 posted:

Its West Virginia. Trump won it buy 40+ points. Romney won it by 25 points. The other senator from West Virginia, a republican, won by 30 points.

You will never get a democratic senator not named Joe Manchin in that state.

Ok so you hand over a clip of you saying that you support a rapist through inaction and sour the voting population nationwide so you can protect one seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/ianbassin/status/1046238654774022144?s=19

Powerful self owns seem de rigeur nowadays

• Locked thread