Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

https://youtu.be/P3ALwKeSEYs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?objectid=12119555&ref=twitter

quote:

When Miller arrived he was excited to tell O'Neill he'd managed to store two components of oxy-fuel, oxygen and acetylene, into one LPG bottle.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Fallom posted:

who poses in front of a galant

who gets excited about welding an exhaust manifold onto whatever a god drat "Holden Kingswood" is

is this from an episode of New Zealand Trailer Park Boys?

It was in Massey so, pretty much yes

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

let's drop the whole thing about smiling jack please

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

mods changed my name posted:

Does one need some sort of credentials to post here?

yes and i'm the INSPECTOR (OF) KREDENTIALS

please post your kredentials for inspection tia

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

no

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Steezo posted:

Post cats in support of catty poster.

I'd prefer you didn't

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

I literally joined this forum for the hurricane katrina thread, it's about time I provided quality content.

Hell, my shed's even blue. Don't cry for me, I'm already dead.

Thank you for ur surface

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Lando will protect her.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

:911:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Its September 11 happy forever war day

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Ahahahaha there really is a trump tweet for everything

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Chapter 35, almost done with it. Just got through the tax bill.

Nothing terribly exciting or new, but it's astonishing to see how much I forgot about.

worth reading or no?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i forgot

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Lol

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Why are the boards behind him?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

that's..... goddamn

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

SimonCat posted:

The government could just forgive all the bonds it owes itself, couldn't it?

Yes I'm sure a government deciding a chunk of its debt doesn't matter will have no flow on effects

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

SimonCat posted:

Well, what effect would it have?

No idea, but I really doubt it would be good. I'm not an economist but you cant pull a move like that and expect it to go down well

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

trump bragging about letting thousands of Puerto Ricans die

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1039828966595616768?s=19

i mean wow

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

iirc, NWS precipitation scales still indicate precipitation per square meter, despite the imperial units for amount, so that's a literal ton, as in one thousand kilos of water per square meter, during the most intense couple of days. Like, swimming pool amounts of water.

I genuinely hope that the difference in models is an indication of lack of accuracy, and there's still some hope for a milder outcome.

/edit: ^^^^^ that unfortunately confirms the models from the last two days, so it doesn't look like they're too far off with their estimates. Welp

yeah um holy gently caress

bye carolinas

Hot Karl Marx posted:

CBC (Canada's public news company) has an exclusive interview with Woodward right now

https://twitter.com/TheCurrentCBC/status/1039844309556703232?s=19

christ when you're at the point where things are being snatched away to stop him signing them you might as well use the 25th because welp

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

His cabinet won't use the 25th because they basically have control of him and are using him as a tool to pass horrific legislation. For example, after giving the wealthiest $1.5 trillion last year (of which next to nothing went back to actual workers and instead almost entirely went to shareholders and executives), the GOP is set to pass another set of tax cuts costing another $2T over 10 years.

oh yeah i am fully aware that they've abandoned all pretence of giving a poo poo about anything but enriching themselves at the expense of the country

it's just incredible to me how goddamn naked it is and if even one of these fucks had the slightest hint of a conscience they'd be doing all they could to stop the devastation of the country

but, 2018, capitalism, and gently caress you got mine.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

psydude posted:

I'll give you a head start on those figures:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/12/us/politics/us-mexico-deportation-funds.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

U.S. Plans to Pay Mexico to Deport Unauthorized Immigrants There

WASHINGTON — President Trump has promised for years that Mexico would pay for a vast border wall, a demand that country has steadfastly refused. Now, in the Trump administration’s campaign to stop illegal immigration, the United States plans instead to pay Mexico.

In a recent notice sent to Congress, the administration said it intended to take $20 million in foreign assistance funds and use it to help Mexico pay plane and bus fare to deport as many as 17,000 people who are in that country illegally.

your country will go to any lengths to avoid spending one cent on helping people

it's loving mind boggling

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i can't stop laughing

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Tollymain posted:

anyway i believe in the power of gay ladies but holding back the ocean is a 24/7 job so theyd quickly be exhausted and after that rip windmill land

that's ok, plenty of dutchmen ready to stand up and put their fingers in those dikes

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've been making this joke for years and the only person who ever laughed was a lesbian who honeymooned in the area kim davis was working so thats a ymmv to the nth

when i was on the fishing boat a few years back, we sprang a leak in one of the chilled water lines, so i stood there with my finger on the hole while the (dutch) chief went and found a hose clamp and some rubber
when he came back i looked at him and said 'so does this make me a dutchman now?'
got a good laugh out of him

cool story bro

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

McNally posted:

I mean, he is now.

Edit: Too far? I'm starting to feel bad about this one.

If you back down I'm giving you a month. You make a call like this one you gotta ride it out

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

:mcnally:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

Not really? There are some vocal conspiracy theorists and other terrible posters, but a lot of those types wander in, shove foot in mouth, and catch a probation or derision.

A lot of the worst offenders have been culled by wandering out of the fairly safe TFR area to post insane poo poo elsewhere on the forums and caught a ban or got mad enough to stop posting.

Now that the politics thread is banished from TFR you’ll sometimes see absurd leaking of political angst into other threads such as dudes posting incredibly hosed up opinions about how SJWs and women and minorities are ruining their TV shows and turning kids into trans weaklings or something.

That said, pretty sure sky shark can’t really get away with his bullshit anywhere but TFR so now the forum bears that cross alone instead of him spreading his bullshit in GiP and D&D to lessen the burden on TFR.

Sky shark should try posting in here, with the change in moderators he might be more welcome now

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

my kinda ape posted:

Yeah there are some dipshits that post on TFR but the vast majority of posters are pretty good.

Let's not forget that it's only been like two years since GiP was overflowing with "ironic" X KILLS [MINORITY] usernames.

Those were the days

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

psydude posted:

I think it's always refreshing to hear how our friends across the pond are trying their hardest to beat Trump in the sport of terrible governance.

So, for those who haven't been following, the UK and EU have reached no Brexit deal so far, and there's basically no chance of one any time soon. In addition to losing the ability to drive in the EU without an international permit, it looks like home values in the UK will also decline by a third.

jesus hahahahahahahaha

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i wish mueller was my dad

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

BigDave posted:

Nah, great-uncle you go to when you need help, but can't ask your parents.

yeah ok that's actually better

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Tryzzub posted:

has the subcommittee on good faith discussions published today’s list of approved topics? i would hate to lose my ration stamps.

We have but it remains secret and you must take a chance when you post

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Jesus EBB I thought I was the massacre guy

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Professor Bling posted:

gosh it's almost like the american institution of police is structured to be adversarial against anyone that isn't rich and white or serving their interests

i wonder if there's a simple phrase, maybe one with four words, that adequately describes police officers

Edit: oops I'm still discussing bad conduct by cops, drat, if only it weren't an extremely common current event

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

i really don't have any stake in this, but since you keep getting hit for it maybe you'd realise

or don't, i haven't chain probated anyone for a while

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hell yes

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

As was recently pointed out to me in another thread, you're not supposed to post in here, because we - as Germans - should not be posting in GiP, because we are not veterans

I'm neither American nor a veteran and they gave me a ban hammer

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Y'all are missing the most important news

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2018/09/50-lambs-stolen-from-marlborough-farm.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I hope they do ban BBQ so I can set up an illegal BBQ importing business :getin:

• Locked thread