Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

egyptian rat race posted:

Reminder that Russia is straight up poisoning / murdering people it doesn't like in the UK and all we got was McCain-style concern

They also paid for brexit fair and square

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Will twitter warfare fall under the domain of the space force?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

If you're going full procedural "gently caress you" the president of the senate can request the sergeant at arms to go "arrest" senators and force them to the chamber.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Dems would have to go to Canada in this case which would be even dumber than the state legislatures going to a different state.

Has that ever worked well at the state level?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

EBB posted:

Basically a quorum call like in House of Cards where they compel all the senators will never happen. Also the DINOs would never agree to a walk-out and the centrists wouldn't walk out in the name of :decorum:

The first sentence is only true because of the second. Its happened at a state level before so its certainly within the realm of possibility at the federal level.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

It’s like 200 pages you should read it

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Piss Baby's yelling about Football and Nike
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1037334510159966214

Remember when the NFL came up with that stupid policy in hopes that it would placate him and he pretty much doubled down in response? lol

I guess he just now saw that Nike wasn't a tenant anymore?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Looms also chased jack to his ride sobbing about her checkmark.

Also the onion is so good:
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1037404022062428160

Its so weird when the onion straight up reports news.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Bets on them already being dead.

I'd put money on them getting a hero of the russian federation first

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

What if the person that wrote it is the duly elected Vice President

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

DoktorLoken posted:

Yeah but that's not really a violent crime.

The definition of "violent crime" can get a bit weird.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

You know, just like if I shot my neighbor to death and then said "Oopsie Poopsie, I did a Shootsie" they wouldn't arrest me immediately.

Its Texas so it depends on the skin colors involved.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

According to the twitter thread the shooter is a local attorney and a former state attorney general. Local attorneys they contacted refused to take the case.

Hopefully this spotlight helps them get some justice.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Vahakyla posted:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-shoots-n907411

Dallas police seek manslaughter warrant against officer who killed neighbor
Dallas police said the officer called for help and told responding officers that "she entered the victim's apartment believing that it was her own."

Dallas police said Friday they are seeking a warrant for manslaughter against one of their own after an off-duty officer entered the wrong apartment in her building and killed a man who was inside.

Police Chief Reneé Hall said a blood sample was drawn at her request to test the officer's drug and alcohol levels and "we are in the process of obtaining a warrant based on the circumstances."

She said at a news conference that the Texas Rangers were launching an independent investigation.

Investigators are "working as vigorously and meticulously as we can to ensure the integrity of this case and ensure the integrity of the department is upheld," Hall said. She said the officer, who was off-duty at the time of the shooting, would be identified pending any charges.

quote:

After Jean graduated in 2016, he remained in the U.S. with an internship at PricewaterhouseCoopers in Dallas, his mother said. The company said he was an associate in its risk assurance department.

This might actually be charged properly in the end.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Defenestrategy posted:

As I understand it the difference between manslaughter and homicide is if you would rather the dude died or not. So how can any sort of intentional discharge of a gun that ends up in a dude the gun was pointing at not homicide? A gun is a tool whose sole purpose is to destroy people, animals, pieces of paper, etc. It's not like "Was working construction and having a nail gun fight, and accidentally lobotomized my friend not realizing you can do that, whoopsie".

A homicide is when a human being is killed by another. A justified homicide is... well self explanatory. The typical ways illegal homicides are categorized as manslaughter and murder. Usually as you said but every state has crazy differences.

I don’t know if Texas has imperfect self defense but that’d be one way to get what would otherwise be a murder down to manslaughter.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Well, that's not good.

But 4 days out, there's still a chance for it to change direction / not hit as hard, right? I mean, I figure it's only gonna gain strength on the way there, but...

Theres actually a lot of consensus in the models at the moment. Could drift a bit south or north but theres a lot of agreement that it will hit the eastern US, slow a lot and dump a fuckton of rain.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

That is one of our contingency plans, and we have family in Michigan and friends in Chicago and the twin cities.

But that ocean, man.

They can follow you...

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Good to hear.

What's not so good to hear is this. Take it with a grain of salt, because it's from popularmechanics, but supposedly, the air leak the ISS suffered recently may have been due to sabotage

https://www.popularmechanics.com/space/satellites/a22984603/air-leak-iss-drilled-russia/

Simplest answer is some worker did it and covered up the fuckup to not get in trouble.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Wonder Free posted:

That particular tail number is landing in St. Croix (which still has a decent amount of storm damage from Irma and Maria) in about 2 hours. It even still has a big rear end dent in the handrail that runs along the aisle ceiling from when a life raft hit in on that big bump they took. A bunch of those names are still in the game too.

They’ve spent the past 3 days doing missions in Florence. We will now start on Hurricane Isaac.

With how insane the atlantic is right now can you hit two hurricanes right now or do you have to refuel?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Historically everyone appeared to be an alcoholic so it makes sense that the records would say that beer is a totally ok replacement for water guys

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Well he signed a bill saying today is patriots day but the rest of the morning he's saying no collusion no collusion

As Bush dropped intelligence, Brady dropped that pass :911:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Again with this poo poo.

Breaking news: sun rises in east

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

When the cops gonna start bombing weddings to pre-empt criminals

Aren’t those mainly CIA?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Also do veterans in PDs encourage or discourage this poo poo?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Well they were really lovely neighbors*

*a take so hot that chapo trap house apologized for making the joke

Regarding the cop thing I was more curious about those that were in the army first, deployed and then joined a PD not the other way around.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

IOT metering solutions do not have control over the line itself, they generally just report whatever the meter read is so that’s not something to worry about.

They aren’t all mesh networks either but it doesn’t really matter the exact topology (LoRaWAN would be hub/spoke, zigbee would be mesh, etc)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1041800666312830976

this seems kinda big and I hope it blows up in his face

The definition of "text messages" seems rather important here.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Oh, we're protecting the poo poo out of it all right.

Usually when running a protection racket you’re trying to extract money not spend more

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I assume the hate has as much to do with what you associate it with?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Well this is awkward

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1043266806960541697

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The way that case was charged is really strange. The newspaper called it a “sexual assault” despite him never being charged with that, usually newspapers are much more paranoid about that kind of thing.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

iKon posted:

Front page of Drudge says Ronan Farrow is about to drop a Kavanaugh story in the New Yorker, and not about Ford.

Still waiting on the explanation for his “baseball tickets”

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Monday morning massacre is at least alliterative?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

Imagine being the richest country in the world wondering why you give more aid than other countries and don’t receive much in return.

This is how rich people think of themselves individually as well so it makes sense.

I seem to recall something back from maybe Katrina that the US declines all “foreign aid” by policy so yes that number would be zero?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

“Foreign aid” in this context is usually cash.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Defenestrategy posted:

I thought they where gonna assassinate him after the MH17 shenanigans.

Everybody knew that was bullshit though and he just identified vehicles. Identifying a person seems like something they’d take more seriously?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Confessing to violent felonies and registering as a sex offender to own the libs

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Lets ask a professor specializing in neuropsychology about memory! Theres no possible way this could backfire!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Their current line of attack seems to be to say that its impossible to walk 6.2 miles?

Maybe they should tell that to the military?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Seems entirely possible.

The correct response would be to get rid of your lovely shoes that are a size too small though

• Locked thread