Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Is Cuba not tight with Russia anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
I only buy Asics and Brooks and New Balance because every other company doesn't make shoes that fit my hosed up weird feet.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Berlin, 1945:
Oberleutnant look! I have found a way to store zee T-Stoff and zee C-Stoff in one tank!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Account is protected? What was it?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

redneck nazgul posted:

Yes, that's a river next to the poo poo lagoon.

I think the zoning board may have dropped the ball here...

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Vasily Blokhin the entire department

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

mlmp08 posted:

Not really? There are some vocal conspiracy theorists and other terrible posters, but a lot of those types wander in, shove foot in mouth, and catch a probation or derision.

A lot of the worst offenders have been culled by wandering out of the fairly safe TFR area to post insane poo poo elsewhere on the forums and caught a ban or got mad enough to stop posting.

Now that the politics thread is banished from TFR you’ll sometimes see absurd leaking of political angst into other threads such as dudes posting incredibly hosed up opinions about how SJWs and women and minorities are ruining their TV shows and turning kids into trans weaklings or something.

That said, pretty sure sky shark can’t really get away with his bullshit anywhere but TFR so now the forum bears that cross alone instead of him spreading his bullshit in GiP and D&D to lessen the burden on TFR.

Yeah there are some dipshits that post on TFR but the vast majority of posters are pretty good.

Let's not forget that it's only been like two years since GiP was overflowing with "ironic" X KILLS [MINORITY] usernames.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

That's the guy who's constantly trying to suck trump's dick on twitter because he's going to prison for securities fraud or something and he wants a pardon lol

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Sep 14, 2018

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

mlmp08 posted:

massive companies running so much of the agriculture business rather than families

I know tons of people believe this because the organic/“natural” food industry pumps out a ton of baseless propaganda but it’s simply not true.

Representation in the US is extremely hosed up though.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

mlmp08 posted:

Families may own most farms, but smaller families can operate much larger areas thanks to modern tech. So from the perspective of representative democracy, it’s relevant that farmland can be extremely productive without having very many people actually live there compared to the past when it required far more laborers. This in turn increases urbanization, which makes the senate increasingly an obstacle to truly representative democracy.

That’s exactly the case but that's not really what you said in the initial post.

Sorry, I get extremely triggered because people are constantly repeating the lie that EVIL MEGACORPS CONTROL THE FOOD SUPPLY!!!1!!!1! but I know that's not what you were getting at.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The consolidation of farms is the problem people are getting at, not the ownership structure. Fewer, larger farms that grow mostly indistinguishable commodity crops and rely on hired (often migrant) labor has definitely been the trend even if most of them remain sole proprietorships. The image of the American farmer as a plucky, struggling yeoman is mostly a lie today - the average farm family is quite a bit richer than the average American family.

You don’t have to tell me, I grew up on a fairly well off grain farm.

My point is that there's a certain sub industry that profits from creating the false image that huge corporations are producing all of the conventional crops while they, the plucky struggling yeoman, produce the ~real~ healthy food. Mechanization has greatly reduced the amount of labor required for food production which is a good thing! Certain people misrepresenting the results of this change as a marketing ploy is not good IMO.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Send this guy somewhere with a 6/10/7 philosophy. No time off sorry.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Milo and POTUS posted:

Help me, my population is dying.
Spend more on healthcare.
No.

We don't even have to spend more. We can spend less if we cut out the insurance vampires.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
How can a grown man be that stupid? It's not even between Europe and Syria!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Hmmm I think if someone was trying to claim I raped my classmate after she accused someone else who looked similar to me I might be prepping a big loving lawsuit.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

EBB posted:

Calling my entire family tankies to own the libs? :wtc:

MAGA is a cult, simple as that

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

https://twitter.com/johnwas70733910/status/1042965154235699201

urge to kill...rising...

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Milo and POTUS posted:

You sound like a crazy person and a twit

Source your quotes!!!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

pantslesswithwolves posted:

So that’s what happens when you bring a Senator to a neurologist fight. drat.

I think Kavanaugh is going to get confirmed. If I’m wrong and some GOP senators suddenly grow a conscience and torpedo the nomination, I’ll add to the momentum of good things happening by making a $25 donation to my local animal rescue.

:toxx:

There’s going to be five GOP senators that defect and ten Dem senators that vote to confirm in the name of bipartisanship and senate norms :v:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Referring to women like objects to own the cons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Maybe we've been thinking about this all wrong. If we're going to end up with an ultraconservative on the court either way then we should want him to be an alcoholic who will die early!

• Locked thread