Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Melthir posted:

So when do we go to war over it. We've done it for less.

yeah causing brain damage to diplomats is something to go to war over

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the best thing hillary did was make the left hate the useless loving democrats

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

There is no such thing as a good corporation, just ones that don't undermine unions or donate to republicans (lol)

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

A med group doctor who went Columbine on his hospital for Allah.

no this is the cop that killed cops

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Dorner_shootings_and_manhunt

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

Isn't that just the sign you make below your waist for that stupid shoulder-punching game that became a meme?

yeah buts its been co-opted by them to mean something else. If its a normal person its probably harmless, but if they're wearing a suit and have a poo poo eating grin they're alt right fuckers

it allows them to take pictures with politicians while throwing up their hand sign so they can pass it around alt right media circles without the politician needing to come out and say "gas the jews"

PookBear fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 4, 2018

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

Remember when that guy who worked for Hitler had to secretly signal other Nazis because he didn’t want people to know he’s a Nazi?

I’m not saying she isn’t giving a shout out to her fellow white supremacists. I’m saying who really gives a poo poo in 2018? I’d rather Nazis and racists be hush hush and wink wink nudge nudge than, oh I don’t know, the President of the United States.

cole you have some awfully wrong opinions if you don't care that nazis are hanging around politicians while throwing up alt right gang signs

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

No, you see, just several parts of their supply chain that they say isn't directly them. And also they've issued a statement condemning the practices! But please don't force them to report on the slaves and child workers in their supply chain. Then they might have to raise prices on you.

you gotta sell yourself to a holding company then that holding company has a subsidiary that runs the slaves, that way TECHNICALLY nestle doesn't own the slaves

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Also yesterday my business management professor talked about how the US is losing purchasing power due to the gutting of the middle class, then said that was OK because we produce x amount of SELF MADE MILLIONAIRES every year so you can still make it in america if you work hard

i want to put him up against the wall when the revolution comes

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

what is going onright now

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

loadstar

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

someone pop into a qanon forum and let me know how they're taking that NYT article

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

honestly I don't give a gently caress about dead rich people get at me

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

lmao even cops that try to act like a GOOD ONE get real loving defensive when cops walk into a random apartment and accidentlly kill someone the same way that I sometimes approach the wrong car in a parking lot

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

i dont' get why people look up to athletes when marines are our real heroes

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

MA-Horus posted:

Oooh is that Oswald?

Muy bene.

its oswald

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

did barron get on his twitter? i know its years old but its bizarre

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Professor Bling posted:

Spicy hot take:

Cops should be disarmed. Fully and completely.

And if this results in more dead cops that's a net positive for society.

euro countries will have armed cops as back up basically but the person interacting with the public won't have a gun.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nick Soapdish posted:

From my time in Dallas, DPD wasn't bad, it was the small bullshit munis and towns between and around DFW that was the absolute worse

yeah and there are a gently caress ton of them.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

All I want to do is retire near water before I’m half in the grave. But trying to forecast where the edge of the water and death zone will be is a real pain.

Nick Soapdish posted:

Friend, have you heard the good news called the Great Lakes? Sure it is a cold hellscape for half the year but, the other half is pleasant.

I live 10 minutes away from a (very small) national park that has a 4 mile trail loop that goes go the beach and I'm an hour of travel to downtown chicago

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Thinking this is weird is insanely trying too hard straight boy by the way.

do gay people regularly JO together will people they're not romantically involved with?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

no TFR has become pretty accepting of alt right fuckers.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

Peak sky shark was when his house was burgled and all his guns were stolen because oh turns out you can't shoot intruders if you're not home

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

DoktorLoken posted:

Look who’s saying it.

I don't know who he is what does this mean

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://mic.com/articles/191339/hurricane-florence-coast-guard-member-removed-from-response-team#.fNuTJQBM0

https://twitter.com/jgobble/status/...m-response-team

https://twitter.com/USCG/status/104...m-response-team

its just coincidence though I'm sure dude just wanted ALL LIVES to be OK

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Victor Vermis posted:

More on my point about the two-fold benefits of the hand sign to actual Nazis. Take this photo from the article n4i posted:

If you imagine a racist cop who intends to terrorize minorities, you picture these guys in your imagination.

If you imagine fat-neck man baby rednecks who slid into law enforcement as a natural continuation of being a defensive lineman on their high school football team- the kind of guys who think it would be hilarious to throw down the "punch you" sign in a photo for the local paper- you also picture these guys in your imagination.

Yes, they can be both of those things. But jumping to the first conclusion is an example of achieving the desired effect of choosing benign symbology and amping up the martyr complex of poor dumb middle America.

But the hand sign isn't flashy or absurd? Its very low-key- probably intentionally so as I said above. Of course the "troll" groups are racists/out-right Nazis. Their leadership admits as much- there was a journalist (maybe VICE?) who accompanied them on the marches last summer and their older leaders were proud of adapting with the times and pushing their "memes" out to the world.

do you not know what context clues are? A bunch of cops wearing cammies that are masked up and throwing the OK sign en masse after making an arrest makes it pretty clear what their intention is.

Same thing when some dude with a poo poo eating grin is throwing it up while next to a politician.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 16, 2018

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

if I live to retirement kayaking around the small islands in NC that border the appalachian trail is going to be a great vacation spot

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

There's a Seal in trouble for executing someone in Iraq with a knife last year. He's actually locked up so that's something. Knives seem a little blase after their tomahawk antics, when are they going to start committing war crimes with one of those things that Worf carries around?

ITS called a bat'leth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Some idiot my brother graduated with crashed his truck on a night out with his girlfriend. I don't recall whether or not they proved he was driving drunk underage or not. The cartilage in her nose gets really hosed up in the crash. So he calls his dad and they clean her up and dump her in her bed at home like nothing happened. Her nose was basically hanging off her face so their weak little cover up job doesn't work out and her parents sue them. Don't know what happened after that except the dad hired this scumbag attorney who is friends with my grandma, and he was acting like their actions probably seemed innocent and proper at the time.

I don't understand how people don't get more violent. If some fucks did this to my daughter I'd beat all the teeth out of trheir skull.

• Locked thread