Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

That Works posted:

The cabinet is likely concerned right now about using their positions for individual profits.

That just means we should remind them a dumpster fire shines a light on everyone.

Wait why am I condoning and encouraging government corruption is this what I'm reduced to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Mr. Nice! posted:

In other current event news, Rob "Vanilla Ice" Van Winkle was on the plane that had ~10 sick people from Dubai today.

https://twitter.com/vanillaice/status/1037395392315449344

Suge Knight really wanted him to sign over the rights to that song didn't he?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1037656324010663937

They still haven't stopped their nuclear program have they?

Hell Donny would probably just gift him a couple fusion warheads with a bow on them if Kim says he's handsome. It's so drat easy to play this moron.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Bolow posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/06/us/charlottesville-unite-the-right-assault/index.html

Dude who punched the Unite the Right organizer the day after the murders in Charlottesville got sentenced

1$ fine for punching a neo-nazi shitstain

That's all it costs to punch a nazi?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Hey, uh, we have dumber things to argue over I think.

Here, like this President that just said this book must be a scam, because I don't say dumb things, if I said dumb things, I wouldn't have become President

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1038027233519001600

"I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything....Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything."

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

egyptian rat race posted:

Can anybody who works in utilities confirm that residential gas line distribution networks are connected to the Internet of Things? Cause at this point I'm willing to believe someone would try to gently caress with supply pressure / safeties at distribution points

Didn't that happen in the Die Hard movie with Timothy Olyphant as the internet bad guy?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Slim Pickens posted:

Also, remember that 'leaked' tax document Maddow creamed her pants over? It became pretty obvious the only person that leaked that one was Trump or his camp, so it's definitely not the first time he's tried this.

Towards the end of Woodward's book, about two minutes after Dowd told Trump he quit, the NY Times and Washington Post called him to confirm the story. Dowd suspected Trump called the editors himself, right after hanging up with Dowd. As much as he hates the news because it hurts his feelings, he loves being in the middle of it.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Third World Reggin posted:

Watching trump and avenetti yell at each other on twitter makes me wish we had some roman tweets from way back.

The historians in the future are gonna have the weirdest loving job.

Salvius posted:

Amplicatus, I know that Icarus is buggering you. Salvius wrote this.

This one's actually from a wall in Pompeii. Actually all of these are pretty good: http://www.pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti%20from%20Pompeii.htm

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

pantslesswithwolves posted:

The Kavanaugh thing has brought back something that I hadn’t thought about in years. I went to high school in a fairly wealthy area in Southern California, and the “popular” kids were among the super rich, upper crust, hard drinking/partying type with way too much money and not nearly enough common sense. To give you an idea of this, there was one guy who spent tens of thousands of dollars tricking out his Suburban so that it was lifted like 4’ off the ground, then got so hosed up at a party that he ended up waking up with his truck parked on top of another parked car and a police helicopter hovering overhead. And he was actually one of the less lovely of the whole cohort.

My senior year, a scandal broke open that involved a lot of the shithead rich jocks and preppy types. They had this thing called the “31 Flavors” club, where a group of them had a competition going to see how many of the 31 hottest freshman girls they could nail (remember that a good portion of these dudes were already 18.) Some of the teachers got wind of this, and got the administration and LE involved. They never got enough hard evidence to go after them, but our senior class president ended up getting his title stripped because his booze-soaked website, which was oh so cleverly named after the school and contained pictures of him and his buddies partying, got discovered. One of the pics also involved someone “helping” a girl who went to another high school flash the camera.

This is why I have no problem whatsoever believing any accusation that places Kavanaugh at the center of a hosed up whirlpool of rich white kid entitlement and sexual assault. If these shitheads in my class thought they could get away with it- in an age where the consequences of putting dumb poo poo on the Internet were becoming increasingly profound- then imagine what a dweeb like Kavanaugh and his ilk thought they could pull off when the armor of upper class privilege and accompanying code of unaccountability was even more impenetrable.

I left high school hating anyone who drank, thinking it turned people into assholes at best and predators at worst. It wasn’t until I was nearly 21 that I realized that booze isn’t the issue, it’s the people who use it as an excuse to be the monsters they’ve always been or aspired to be.

I hope what’s happening to Kavanaugh is a shot across the bow for my former classmates and that they’re living in fear now.

Every year this one rich family vacations in my town and their poo poo-head kids do everything in their power to try to get arrested, but they know they won't be. They're banned from every business and college property (leaving about 5% of the town for them to actually be in), but they know they will get away with it. Last summer they decided to start picking up some of the camp kids (by the way these assholes are in their early twenties hitting on 14-16 year olds). Finally they got cuffed for solicitation of a minor and abduction! ...and then released the next morning, no charges pressed, no consequences.

Rich fuckwad kids will do whatever they want because they know they can get away with it. Kavanaugh's no different and he and his friends had no problem bragging about it until now.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

orange juche posted:

I've got to wonder if he encounters physical pain when trying to think. Because it causes physical pain reading the poo poo that he says. It's like a minor case of that madness that cthulhoid entities cause in people.

He really reminds me of a futurama joke, "IWait, I'm having one of those things... like a headache, with pictures?"

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Tangentially relevant to the missiles incoming tweet of doom, today is the anniversary of Stanislav Petrov defying his orders and not reporting the clouds above kansas as a missile launch

e: Hail Satan!

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 27, 2018

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Anybody know when Rosenstein meets with Trumple Orangeskin? Still today, right?

They postponed it.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

psydude posted:

Everyone take a drink every time he mentions beer.

Or go back to his opening statement and take a drink every time he does.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Casimir Radon posted:

Will you recuse yourself from that decision?
Bretty: I can't answer a hypothetical question, or a concrete question, in fact stop asking questions period because you're destroying my family.

I was on the football team dammit!

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

This is old as hell, but it went through my head a couple times when he got caught on the word and couldn't get away from it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU2uGBEL43s
nsfw for cartoon nudity I guess.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
There's nothing holding them to waiting a week, just him asking really nicely for them to. I guess the real question now is if when they decide to ignore him and hold the vote next monday will he keep that hint of a spine or will it dissolve.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Here's a sentence I've never said before, I want to buy some homeless russian woman a drink.

Does this mean I need to get out more?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah heaven forbid 10 dudes run a train on a girl and they get charged with rape because one person didn’t give consent. The 10 guys did so what’s the big deal?

You can almost spell "consent" with "consensus" so that counts, right? Jesus these people are sick.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

BigDave posted:

Is this...is this good? I can't tell.

Also, how much you wanna bet, if Tesla craps the bed, it takes the whole loving economy down with it.

Odds are probably better than I want to admit, though it will be really embarrassing when we write the history books that the Second Great Depression was caused by a weed joke.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Slim Pickens posted:

A car that does 0-60 in 3 seconds will always be cool, even if the idiot king of dorks played a part in bringing it to life.

Yeah but burning rubber is only cool with cars going forward. When it's burning rubber and standing still we all point and laugh.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Soulex posted:

Not exactly Swat worthy but apparebtly the church next to me is throwing a rave. At 11PM.

Aint yall got service in the morning? The gently caress

Last time someone called the cops to break up a party like this was the last supper, and look how that turned out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Slim Pickens posted:

I dunno how I ended up becoming a tesla white knight* but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkFoogRoQnI&t=16s

It's weird to watch without an open-exhaust V8 screaming away, but the smoke doesn't lie.

(*I think I just like electric cars)

No apologies needed, that's pretty awesome (though it is a bit eerie how quiet it is). I was just trying to make a bad joke about Tesla's breaking down and catching fire. I'm with you, the cars are cool, just the company/Musk annoy me.

• Locked thread