Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I noticed the funeral on tv and I thought they had that funeral 2 days ago :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

LingcodKilla posted:

He probably thought they were just fans.

Honestly, I don't know anything about the Handmaid's Tale other then it exists and I would have had no idea what they were protesting specifically. I still have enough brain cells left to figure out context clues though, unlike most people who still identify publicly as republicans. I'm also wildly out of touch with cultural trends though.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

It’s like 200 pages you should read it

Nah thanks, I hate everything enough already and I'm pretty secure in already feeling like

FAUXTON posted:

Fertile women being reduced to baby making sex slaves by a patriarchal racist theocracy

is a bad thing and something I disagree with

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

shame on an IGA posted:

Honestly they probably should forget polling and just 219 scam all of the 1/700th of millenials who are credible enough to answer a cold call in TYOOL 2018. Newspaper biz ain't so hot, take your revenue where you find it.

My Grandmother is 87 and has figured out not to answer cold calls, good lord

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

"If the democrats get back in power they're going to repeal the ACA and bring back Obamacare"

:negative:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Relentlessboredomm posted:

:lol:

I love when people use gov't bureaucracy to crush people who deserve it.

Saw this yesterday and thought it was the most brutal indication of our current gun problem:

https://twitter.com/Well_Regulated_/status/1037896053796872192

These people survived the Las Vegas shooting, got a PTSD dog to help them recover from almost being gunned down, and then the dog got shot by their neighbor.

I gotta be honest, in that sequence of events I'm pretty sure I'd shoot my neighbor. I'd be awfully close to it without that background being involved.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Knives Amilli posted:

Hawaiian shirt guy looks like Ray Lewis for a quick second

Nah, no knives involved in this one

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

psydude posted:

I've been in Scotland for vacation and my phone has been getting nonstop flood warnings for where I live in MD since I left.

This has been my last 2 days

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I own not one, but several flashlights AND a cell phone :smug:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

This plus internet is basically my dream home

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

So the Ft Irwin command billets Recreational Park??

Rigg's Trailer in LW :v:

Hey this was the plot of the 2009 Nicholas Cage Joint "Bad Lieutenant: New Orleans" or whatever

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Prison guards abused the gently caress outta inmates during the Katrina fiasco

Yeah. The beginning of the movie has him (very reluctantly) saving a drowning inmate (in the Katrina flooding) and injuring himself or something which leads to him becoming a drug addict.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Godholio posted:

Getting a drunk text - oh, no it's actually from the President - will.

It's going to be Roosevelt's fireside chats only on my cell phone, I can't wait

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

EBB posted:

So what I'm hearing from the last two pages is whack anybody who calls for a lynching, and just ignore the white noise. Correct?

Agreed with ignoring the white noise. I use this thread as a news aggregator so I don't get particularly excited when I see 80 new posts about how this time we're totally going to solve institutional racism by pointing out that it exists, but the thread will fix itself as soon as something else comes up.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I paid y'all's loving salaries and now your weed money so I'll post here if I want

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Apparently there was a tornado in Richmond?

https://twitter.com/azatelli/status/1041778276857995266

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 17, 2018

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I hope Trump is doing it personally

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

boop the snoot posted:

Pretty sure sleeping for 4 hours a night for a year shaved a decade off my lifespan.

I have insomnia, I hear ya. I might actually kill someone for one solid 12 hours of sleep.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

Not usually my style to bring in police news, but I haven't seen this before. Someone in Maryland shot two cops and got an apology from the chief of police. You read that sentence correctly!

https://twitter.com/ByLynhBui/status/1042872636802560003?s=19

Looks like they executed a very sketchy search warrant and the homeowner thought it was a home invasion, stood his ground, and won.

PG County cops are awful. That's all the farther I'm going with this.

Slim Pickens posted:

SF =/= Navy seals, I was confused for a minute.

Idk I just repost the news

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Patti Davis (Ronald Reagan's daughter) just came out in support of Ford by revealing her own story.

https://wapo.st/2xu7Vxe

*Looks at watch* Has she been disavowed by the party yet?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

DoktorLoken posted:

Honestly the theory that a Trump surrogate leaked this to give pretext for firing makes a whole lot more sense.

I'm not ready to believe any of them are that smart. It's the only thing I have left to cling to mentally.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Isn't Australia currently being colonized by the Chinese or something, or did I fall for some right wing "America is being colonized by Mexico" style propaganda

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Trump is the GOP playbook of "play up your weaknesses as strengths" given physical form

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

He's going to get himself assassinated.

"Brown Moses shot himself in the back of the head a dozen times with a Makarov in an apparent suicide."

And lock himself in a gym bag afterwards

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

So how much of a Mattering is Flake and Murkowski's demand for an investigation?

In any sane timeline the President wouldn't have put they guy up for nomination in the first place, so probably not much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

not caring here posted:

Yo my dudes, I don't think trump has tweeted anything for 24 hours, is he dead? Or are we all going to die?

The break from the constant drivel is unsettling.

H'es preparing the phone alerts

• Locked thread