Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
^That image is loving disturbing.

Bored As gently caress posted:

What the gently caress fuck8jg poo poo

Mueller is getting too many headlines.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Sep 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Normally I'd defer to the expertise of a fish store on physical characteristics that indicate freshness, but what the hell.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

Cloudy eyed fish is bad or about to become bad. The brown color is deoxygenated blood. If the fish smells like anything but iron it’s turning bad fast.

If I was really hungry I’d eat that fish in a fully cooked stew and that’s about it. Certainly not anything that could potentially undercooked.

I get that, but sticking googly eyes on it doesn't make it look fresh.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That Works posted:

Ah yes let's take a neutral stance against the person we've been banging the drum against for 2 years and hope that Republicans make decisions based on principles instead of "gently caress you vote GOP". That will turn out the voters for 2020 for sure.

Unless Mueller comes back with "nope, totally innocent" then anything except advocating for immediate removal is just handing the government over to fascists with ties to a foreign power.

You realize they can't impeach him without republican support, right? And that even if they COULD, that just hands it off to the senate where, again, the Democrats cant do anything without republican support.

And yeah campaigning as anti-Trump A-worked really well in 2016 and B-will definitely motivate republican voters to show up.

So what are you even complaining about?

SquirrelyPSU posted:

e: Actually read the article. That's sort of misleading. Basically they are planning ahead and not going to do anything unless Mueller comes down with both barrels.

And Mueller isn't going to be finished by the midterms anyway. We've probably got another 8 months of this investigation.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1036681588573130752

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:lol: Holy poo poo, aides stealing papers so he wouldn't sign them.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

quote:

Trump: I’m just hearing about it. And I heard — I did hear from Lindsey, but I’m just hearing about it. So we’re going to have a very inaccurate book, and that’s too bad. But I don’t blame you entirely.

This line sums it all up.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Tollymain posted:

didnt heinleins political views basically follow those of his pussy supply

Him and every other single dude at the bar.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Third World Reggin posted:

Military, female, minority, lost limb.

Also,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnfIyM2PZts

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

McNally posted:

He moved on from being a fake veteran to being a real ladykiller.

Life+16. Goddamn. I completely forgot about that.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Sep 6, 2018

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Smiling Jack posted:

:hmmyes:

Good point disarm the populace they can't be trusted

Because what we want right now is Trump's Executive Branch to have a monopoly on force.

That Works posted:

Cool. I hear that thrown around now and then and it sound good on paper (with respect at least to a uniform training standard) but I had no idea how it would actually work and how police actually felt about it.

The way to make it work is the same way you push federal policy on states already: withhold federal grant money unless the agency/profession/whatever complies with a set of guidelines.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

joat mon posted:

Another great reason to do away with State sovereignty. Don't forget that doing so will also make the presidential pardon applicable to every crime and every prosecution.

Only united can the Landsraad stand against the Emperor.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Holy poo poo it is.

GJ Intern.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Itsthe kid referenced in the "trump" tweet.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mods changed my name posted:

You're attributing way too much cleverness to a belief system whose main requirement is to be a bootlicking simpleton imo

Did you forget which forum you're in?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Probably feeling more remorseful about losing his job than actually killing someone

Probably not, buddy.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Oh then I look forward to his guilty plea

On a scale of walnuts to seawater, how high are you right now?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Do you have to be high to think that someone wracked and plagued by the guilt of a murder probably wouldn't fight tooth and nail to avoid any personal discomfort for their actions, or that they would they hide behind some thin blue line poo poo?

No, I think you have to be high to think that he'd plead guilty for that reason. Life in prison vs "any personal discomfort"...like...what the hell.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Here ghole, I owed you a better response than snark so I took a little time and made an effort post in word and copied it here from word, so forgive weird formatting errors:

My point is, when it’s a crime by someone whom is not a cop, you get so many of the law and order types crying for blood, that they’re wasting taxpayer dollars by being in jail and not dead, and so on. Yet, when a cop murders someone they resort to the victim blaming and such, he was no angel, pulling pictures from their social media to totally show they’re a bad dude (and to be fair, I haven’t seen that particularly happen with this case, in this thread, but how far would I need to look down comments on an article about it to find some?). But, strangely enough, when a cop does something bad and we need to extend them the benefit of doubt, god bless them, they try but sometimes they mess up. Like, when you see that kind of constant hypocrisy by the Thin Blue Line types, it gets really loving tiresome and you turn it back on them just a little and you’re obviously a deviant and dismissed because sometimes you smoke weed. It’s totally loving retarded, and at the end all the law & order dudes are holding cops at a lower standard than the actual criminals, because they’re under a lot of “stress” and such, we should hear their side of the story blah blah blah.

Like, I’m not so terminally stoned or retarded that I don’t understand due process or why someone who may feel personal guilt would enter a non-guilty plea. I just don’t get why I’m supposed to extend this guy a benefit of the doubt? Because he’s used to be a goon? Because he is a cop? I’m sorry but none of those are compelling reasons unless you believe police are inherently better than their fellow man or somehow infallible and that’s just silly. It’s just a loving job. This whole “it’s a lifestyle and a sacrifice” bullshit isn’t any different than the “thank you for your service” poo poo people say about being in the military and we all know that’s a farce, unless you’re some sort of weird Kool-Aid drinker, and hell, the police standards for joining and conduct are a hell of a lot lower than even the lowly US Army, soo, yeah.
I just guess in the end if Martello had given the dude the benefit of the doubt that I’m expected to give him then we wouldn’t even be having this conversation.

And yes, this was a post written on weed since that apparently matters

Previous reports put him in remorse and near panic in the immediate aftermath. Not the typical response from a blueline rear end in a top hat looking for an excuse to kill a minority. And it’s probably going to help put him in prison. I get annoyed at the knee jerk responses that have become the hallmark of this thread, but I try not to be a dick about it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I ordered the hardcover. This is one I'm going to want on a shelf. Cant wait to get it tomorrow.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

So...if the US actually puts sanctions on China over its treatment of Muslims (apparently there are camps and poo poo), what kind of mental gymnastics can we expect to see from the MAGAts?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Duzzy Funlop posted:

From the GBS thread:

Those sandbags are in for some work :lol:

Gotta admire their optimism. Logic, no. But the optimism is off the loving charts.

LingcodKilla posted:

I’m beginning to think a cement pad and a RV would be a better solution for beach front living.

I actually like this idea.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

All the rainwater, to the sandbags as it flows downhill back toward the beech: [that quote about how i'm not stuck in here with you, you're stuck in here with me]

Yeah, the sandbag wall is only going to last a couple of hours tops once the actual storm starts to hit. They'll start riding beach sand downhill towards the water, and as the surge/rain washes downhill it'll accelerate the process. Not that 3' of protection was going to do poo poo anyway.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I'd be super happy with an rv on a beachside lot. As long as I could get internet, that is.

My retirement dream (dream, because :lol: at actually retiring) has always been "mountains or the beach." If I end up in the mountains, an RV for trips to the beach is actually a really good idea.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

So is this a gross failure of a federal agency or local gov't?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's literally a normal thing.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

No dark humor allowed in the Internet VFW, McNally.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

James Gandolfini is the only guy with that build who could pull this off. Pompeo looks like he's exceedingly proud of himself for sneaking an extra brownie out of the kitchen without getting caught.

psydude posted:

...it looks like home values in the UK will also decline by a third.

Can we do a Brexit here?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I figured he'd wait until sales dipped below record levels.

boop the snoot posted:

I don’t think James Gandolfini can pull that off.

Well not anymore.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Sep 14, 2018

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

bird food bathtub posted:

My personal feeling is that the guilty verdict bitch-slapped him with a dose of reality that finally broke through the rich white guy bubble he's lived in. As soon as that was pierced and someone laid out how thoroughly Mueller was deep dicking him and the ways in which a presidential pardon wouldn't help him he ended up where any intelligent, non-megalomaniacal person would have started.

There's got to be more to it than "we'll lock you up longer if you don't cooperate." Manafort stands a solid chance of dying in prison just on his initial convictions. Adding 50 years onto his sentence isn't much of a threat to a guy pushing 70.

Ugh.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1040767177593372672?s=19

I'm imagining him sending all his tweets this way in the future. Constant "no collusion" messages every day lol

This is peak WHAT THE gently caress 2018

mlmp08 posted:

Individual senator decorum and school pedigree doesn’t outweigh the stupidity of giving Alaska or Wyoming the exact same Senatorial power as Texas or California.

I get why the senate is a thing. But it’s objectively an obstacle to representative democracy.

https://twitter.com/robertmaguire_/status/1040057737999253504?s=21

I was already enjoying it, but the last line was a loving slam dunk. Holy :laffo:

Godholio fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Sep 15, 2018

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Getting a drunk text - oh, no it's actually from the President - will.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

(Then) "colonel has an outstanding solution."

"Mad dog" was a media creation after his quotes about killing people made the news.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

EBB posted:

So what I'm hearing from the last two pages is whack anybody who calls for a lynching, and just ignore the white noise. Correct?

I'm late to the party, but yessssssssssssssssssss

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

KirbyKhan posted:

I... I dont understand. Is German the new Ok Symbol for cops?

It's an older code, but it checks out.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Malah posted:

if they have problems with moderation decisions, there's a handy thread in QCS they can take it to!

Alternately we can handle our own loving dirty laundry most of the time.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

How is their lack of statehood a race issue?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Except Puerto Ricans don't seem particularly interested in statehood. In their five referendums, the only time they voted for statehood was when the "status quo" party boycotted the referendum, and there was only 23% turnout.

And giving DC statehood is rife with issues. I mean...how can it possibly be anything but hilariously corrupt (even by 2018 standards)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Were any of these referendums after they got nuked by a hurricane and left to die because they weren't "really a part of the United States lol"?

I honestly don't know.

No but I kind of doubt the Maria experience has changed anyone's mind and pushed them toward statehood.

:can:

Actually I like this plan.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 17, 2018

• Locked thread