Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

It's nice of September to have nothing good coming out so I can backlog out

https://i.imgur.com/KCBs7hB.mp4

Spidersnype :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Rarity posted:

If you spend even less time sleeping that leaves you more time gaming!

fixed for me ;)

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Kanfy posted:

I got an SSD for the first time and it's cool to finally be in the future.

It's pretty cool right? Only PC improvement I've done in ages where the upgrade didn't feel incremental.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Moon Monster posted:

It's pretty cool right? Only PC improvement I've done in ages where the upgrade didn't feel incremental.

Buying a G-sync monitor was a literal gamechanger for me, too bad they're so freaking expensive!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I've platinum'd both of the Shenmue games and I'm finished with Kiwami 2 already. I don't know what to do with my life.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

man nurse posted:

I've platinum'd both of the Shenmue games and I'm finished with Kiwami 2 already. I don't know what to do with my life.

Wait till October
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRDJog7IzMQ

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

man nurse posted:

Jesus Christ

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Kanfy posted:

I got an SSD for the first time and it's cool to finally be in the future.

Man, they are life changing, tell me about it.

I still have memories of the Commdore 64 load times, or booting my PC in the 90's and wandering off to come back later when it was finished. Leaving it on overnight to download stuff at 56K.

Now my PC starts in seconds and gigabyte downloads take minutes, livin in the fuckin future

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

man nurse posted:

drat dude, I guess I'd recommend getting one.

:smug:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Was Septerra Core the one that ended on an unresolved cliffhanger or was that Anachronox

I remember at the time it being a big deal that JRPGS... Now on the PC!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anachronox definitely did but it's possible the answer is actually both.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
A September Chat Thread draws near: Command?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

A real gamer only has three lives and you lose two of them to that one boss on level 4 :colbert:

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Maybe this will be the month I actually get around to Pyre or Finding Paradise. Or maybe I'll start over on Transistor and finish it this time.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Was Septerra Core the one that ended on an unresolved cliffhanger or was that Anachronox

I remember at the time it being a big deal that JRPGS... Now on the PC!

Nobody finished Septerra Core

Especially the devs.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

What about if you truly did not intend it and your power is so great that it happens anyway?

I still can't believe this is real. This is straight up all time greatest video game ideas territory.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'd love the Yakuza devs to do a JJBA Stardust Crusaders game, cause I feel it'd be real real good.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Uaaaghh. So lately I've been dealing with my mom sending me loads of messages about how sick she is and what bad shape she's in back in Canada and it's been stressing me right out. Woke up to her telling me she may have diabetes and they talked about taking one of her legs or at least some sort of radical operation on top of all the poo poo she's had to deal with up til now and it was all I could do not to start sniffling like a baby right there. She has a small farm where she mostly just keeps the animals as pets (sells milk and eggs, says she'll sell calfs but I doubt she'd be willing to part with them) and it takes so much out of her to run it but she loves it, and I don't know what she'd do if she couldn't keep it because of health issues.

So yeah I'm here worrying and depressed and missing my mom and I get to look forward to my father-in-law making me feel like a useless poo poo at the family BBQ later today to just add on more. But hey, at least I've got video games. Been enjoying the Arc the Lad gacha and ESO a fair bit lately.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i bought septerra core on gog and it didn't work

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

I'd love the Yakuza devs to do a JJBA Stardust Crusaders game, cause I feel it'd be real real good.

Diamond is Unbreakable or Gintama would make better Yakuza style games.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Infinitum posted:

Why not do one of the good Jojo series instead?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

a jojo game should be a puzzle game imo

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

a messed up horse posted:

Why not do one of the good Jojo series instead?

Lets not say things we'll regret later

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

My favorite jojo part is better than your favorite jojo part

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Too Little Too Late was my favorite Jojo.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Sony: No Cross Platform Play Because PS4 Is Better Than Other Consoles

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Lets not say things we'll regret later

stardust crusaders wasn't super great imo compared to parts 2 and 4. a yakuza-like based on part 4 would be incredible

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I wonder if ZOE2 has aged well. I really loved it at release.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

bloodychill posted:

I wonder if ZOE2 has aged well. I really loved it at release.

I played it a couple years ago and it was still a lot of fun.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

(Part 5 is the actual Yakuza series tho)

(It airs in October)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX6QlfK76ec

Part 3 would be the best series for the Yakuza devs though as it is still very much manly men punching their problems.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

i bought septerra core on gog and it didn't work

Lucky

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Hunt11 posted:

I played it a couple years ago and it was still a lot of fun.

Well, that’s another thing to get then. I wish I could finish games half as fast as that person who finished all of the Shenmue and new Yakuza games over the last few weeks.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just before I woke up today I had a really weird dream where Postal 3 was an open world game set in an old west ghost town filled with cats in hats that were defending it from an invasion by Russians.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

Just before I woke up today I had a really weird dream where Postal 3 was an open world game set in an old west ghost town filled with cats in hats that were defending it from an invasion by Russians.

That sounds a lot better then whatever edgy bullshit would be shoved into an actual Postal 3 release.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I would like an actual game about managing the Postal Service and/or delivering the mail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mognet Tycoon

• Locked thread