Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I would like an actual game about managing the Postal Service and/or delivering the mail

Paperboy
Yoku's Island Express
Wind Waker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rip housemarque thanks for nex machina

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

a messed up horse posted:

Why not do one of the good Jojo series instead?

Yeah seriously. Sdc has amazing side characters but its a big slog to watch and it builds to a weak climax compared to other seasons because jotaro is such a nothing character

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Real hurthling! posted:

maybe the br genre (and fps) will eventually move away from ads-modern-gunfests and do something interesting but I'm not gonna hold my breath

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Real hurthling! posted:

I thought Housemarque had support from Sony, why did they have to go down this path

Really Pants posted:

Paperboy
Yoku's Island Express
Wind Waker

All own, yes

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Where’s my Resogun Battle Royale

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Their last ps exclusive was a half baked C- of a platform game overshadowed by GOAT nex machina that launched 3 weeks earlier on pc/ps4 and the one before that was a diablo clone nobody bought.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

still want a fun new mmofps

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

still want a fun new mmofps

Destiny 2?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

didn't that poo poo the bed hyper-hard

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

It needs to be fun.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

Their last ps exclusive was a half baked C- of a platform game overshadowed by GOAT nex machina that launched 3 weeks earlier on pc/ps4 and the one before that was a diablo clone nobody bought.

What was the Diablo clone I don't even remember it

E: oh Alienation I forgot that was them, I got it on ps+ and played it once I think

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Ciaphas posted:

didn't that poo poo the bed hyper-hard

The game itself is fine and fun. Most of the controversy came from lack of content at launch compared to Destiny 1, and then another stumble during the first expansion. They've shaped up quite a bit, and honestly your only other option for a real MMOFPS would be Planetside 2 which has just as much if not more bad press around it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I already pre-ordered the rerelease of ZOE be caused with GCU it's just $20 but at the same time I'm urged to back out because a large part if why I ordered it was the VR support and the VR in the demo was loving awful

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Hunt11 posted:

That sounds a lot better then whatever edgy bullshit would be shoved into an actual Postal 3 release.

Postal 3 exists

https://store.steampowered.com/app/10220/Postal_III/

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got Persona 5 running on the Vita!

...with PS4 Remote Play, which is shockingly functional!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/NightInTheWoods/status/1035757037832024064

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
does gregg come with soda cup accessories

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Hell yeah, Germ Warfare

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, new NHL game this month. Hope that means the traditional Giant Bomb video soon.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

McDragon posted:

Oh, new NHL game this month. Hope that means the traditional Giant Bomb video soon.

What's this? Quick Look?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Its surprising how well these came out in 3D compared to even The Simpsons where it's like "how the gently caress do we model Lisa's hair and not look weird?"

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Infinitum posted:

What's this? Quick Look?

I think so, they're usually good, fun videos. Most of the EA sports ones are usually a treat

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

al-azad posted:

Its surprising how well these came out in 3D compared to even The Simpsons where it's like "how the gently caress do we model Lisa's hair and not look weird?"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am doing a playthrough of Night in the Woods currently. I love this game so much. I need these figures.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Anyone played Revolution 1979? That’s a story more people should know. Just curious if it’s a good telling.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Someone gifted this to me back when it came out and I played through it twice and what I remember the most other than the crashes and bugs were the over half dozen literally unfinished cutscenes where the game would suddenly play a video file with a loud noise and the text CUTSCENE IN PROGRESS over a static white background in all caps before kicking you to the next level or crashing.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

dangit why am i sitting here bored insteada playin a game? :(

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I got really excited because I misread that as Portal 3 and then I realized it was Postal 3, and then I also remembered that Valve doesn’t do anything anymore and felt silly for getting my hopes up.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Really Pants posted:

Paperboy
Yoku's Island Express
Wind Waker

Yoku’s Island Express is great for this because you’re just given a bag full of letters and instructed to just stuff a bunch of them into any mailboxes you see.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Ciaphas posted:

dangit why am i sitting here bored insteada playin a game? :(

Choice paralysis?

Don't forget, Night in the Woods is secretly Trump propaganda!

https://medium.com/@BootlegGirl/night-in-the-woods-a-rebirth-of-graphic-adventure-games-and-trumpian-propaganda-in-disguise-34ef70e1ccf0

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Verranicus posted:

Choice paralysis?

As usual, yeah. Miserable first world pain in the rear end, that.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Ciaphas posted:

As usual, yeah. Miserable first world pain in the rear end, that.

I feel your pain. I thought my Backloggery would help me with it, but it just kinda made things worse. At least it's a tolerable problem to have in this lovely world of ours by comparison.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

kiiiinda tempted to buy into destiny 2 pc now because it sounds like the upcoming expansion is pretty legit? but idk

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs069dndIYk

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

people keep saying destiny is about to be good and then getting disappointed. wait and see imo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I enjoyed Destiny 2 and found it mindlessly relaxing enough to play through the campaign three times.

Loot grinding seemed pointless and I will enjoy watching others suffer through the raid(s) rather than doing them myself though

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I read a couple paragraphs and yikes that was super lovely and dumb.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I guess she's mad that Mae spared a thought for the Deathcult of Dads at the end, instead of tossing off a cheesy one-liner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

I said come in! posted:

I read a couple paragraphs and yikes that was super lovely and dumb.

The writer later went on to claim she was being attacked because she was trans and not because of the terrible article or something.

• Locked thread