Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Tomb Raider and Life is Strange 2 this month! Hella amazeballs! Also trying to weave a DE playthrough of Divinity OS2 in there somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

The Moon Monster posted:

It's pretty cool right? Only PC improvement I've done in ages where the upgrade didn't feel incremental.

Buying a G-sync monitor was a literal gamechanger for me, too bad they're so freaking expensive!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Too Little Too Late was my favorite Jojo.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I totally disagree with any interpretation of NITW that describes it as uplifting or somehow letting the bad guys off the hook. It is not a happy ending, and nobody has come closer to solving any of their problems. You should finish NITW wanting to smash the state. This is what happens when the culture of hot takery collapses in on itself.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

So that horrible PUA game did so well among ironic twitch viewers that it's getting a sequel, with a budget apparently big enough for stunts with tanks and a yacht.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp0YsdGQtIM&t=172s

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Unlike Wolf of Wall Street or Apocalypse Now there's nothing satirical about NITW, though. You'd have to be a pathological contrarian or just a grade-A dunce to think it's some pro-Trump screed, and even if you're a huge fukken moron Bea literally spells it all out in the game's final moments.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

my guess is that they went in expected a specific type of catharsis and when the game failed to provided it, it must be assumed that it's due to malice on the end of the game rather than a missed expectation

It seems like the writer wanted some kind of further revenge exacted upon the people of Possum Springs other than NITW's correct conclusion that the cult was only reflection of a large, unknowable hole at the center of everything. The hole that is capitalism. It's capitalism, folks.

Like you sincerely have to be really dumb to miss this.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Macaluso posted:

hot take: Night in the Woods was the best game to come out in the year that had things like Mario Odyssey and Zelda and NeiR and whatever :colbert:

It was in my top 5 for sure.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Started a new character in Divinity OS2 this morning and whoops now it's 7 hours later.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

These small studio BR also-rans don't stand a chance when the Battlefields of the world can just throw a battle royale into their yearly shootman games and call it a night.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

EA floor shows at E3 are so legendarily terrible. At least in the Ubisoft + Bethesda presentations you get the impression that there are some people who enjoy making video games for a living working for them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

To be completely honest the only remaster I've played to completion in the last 5-6 years has been Shadow of the Colossus. The rest I load up for like an hour or two, say that's nice, and then don't touch again. So I should probably stop wasting money on them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Sunning posted:

Pros of working for EA:

- Some of the best compensation packages in the industry
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Manageable work hours and paid overtime implemented after EA spouse incident
- Substantial maternity/paternity support regardless of sexual orientation
- Fast track for female and LGBT developers for leadership roles
- Union support for developers like DICE Sweden

Cons of working for EA:

- You work for EA

Based on your knowledge of the industry, what would your rankings be for the better publishers in terms of their treatment / compensation / inclusivity for developers? I know there are no real good guys here but maybe I'd think twice about throwing money at someone who can't even keep the lights on for their employees.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fy2DpSf1zY

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

edit: nm

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

VR has three big things working against it right now -- you have to wear a big doofy headset to experience it, the visuals aren't up to current gen standards, and it causes motion sickness for many people. And you won't know if you're bothered by most of these things until you buy an expensive peripheral for yourself.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Without hesitation I'd become history's greatest monster if it meant the promise of sweet epic loot in return.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

"The community will not be a problem" I say about this, a game made to appeal to Dota players.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

But does it have Aiden Pierce’s iconic cap.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I am very bad with Brigitte but her relentlessly positive spirit motivates me to do better.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

When the project lead of Anthem literally died like a day before E3 I knew Bioware’s Faustian bargain with EA had finally materialized.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Don't do this THQ, Rhode Island still needs the residuals.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

:stare:

quote:

RUSSIAN police are investigating claims a boy beheaded himself with a chainsaw after losing at a computer game.

According to reports Pavel Mateev, 15, went into his yard yesterday morning before he “switched on a chainsaw and sawed off his own head.”

Russian media cited local sources saying that he was addicted to a computer game that his single mother had bought for him.

State owned Russian television channel NTV reported: “A teenager from Tomsk region committed suicide after he lost a computer game.”

It is unclear what computer game he was playing, but a female source said Pavel spent hours at his computer and that his “nerves gave in after a game”.

The local office of the Russian Investigative Committee gave no further details on Pavel’s case except to confirm a criminal case had been opened into incitement to suicide.

Paveel Mateev, 15, allegedly went into his backyard this morning and sawed off his own head after losing an online game

A female source said Pavel's 'nerves gave in after a game'

Russia has seen several so-called ‘death groups’ allegedly incite children and teenagers to take their own lives whilst playing online games.

It is unclear whether the alleged suicide of Pavel has any links to this phenomenon.

Some of the groups feature a game called Blue Whale in which victims are ‘brainwashed’ by sick online mentors to complete 50 steps involving exhaustion and self-harm, ending in suicide.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Was it suicide though? Cause that comes off sounding a bit "Committed suicide by shooting himself in the head 20 times"

Well it's from The Sun so the chances of it being entirely truthful aren't that great. Just thought I'd share to perk up your day!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

wildstar was the mmo that put all its eggs in the "the original release of world of warcraft sans any of the quality of life improvements it's made over its 15 year lifetime was the best version of world of warcraft" basket, right?

It's hard to fault them given the tremendous success of Lawbreakers as an old-school team arena shooter.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Death Stranding the game will inevitably be a disappointment to many. Death Stranding the social experiment where Hideo Kojima takes $100 million of Sony's money to make Lea Seydoux and Norman Reedus be friends with him has been very successful so far.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The wonderful thing about Warcraft villains is that you can always uncorrupt them if you beat them up enough, usually for some sweet-rear end loot in the process.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

wouldn't the corruption of an evil person be turning them good

Practically speaking it just means they get a second phase where they turn super saiyan double corrupted.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It's almost impossible for me to disassociate Burt Reynolds' image from Norm MacDonald's impression on SNL. Even though it was the lowest-effort impersonation ever, it was iconic.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Question for the WoW fans: is World of Warcraft just an mmorpg "remake" of the warcraft games' plots or does it do its own story thing set in but separate from the warcraft games?

It's a direct continuation of the Warcraft storyline following The Frozen Throne and includes every past game within its canon.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Chris Metzen is a hack, but for 20 years he honestly lived the dream of making millions of people become obsessed with his lovely D&D campaigns, and for that I can never hate him.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

hey what did i just say

I'm just jealous of Chris Metzen's incredibly awesome life, well minus the panic attacks and anxiety that finally caused him to quit Blizzard. That was just sad to read.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Klaus Kinski posted:

To be fair the corruption of good guy Arthas in wc3 was a bit better than the usual metzen MO.

At the very least it showed a desperate hero turn to increasingly extreme means in order to protect his people rather than taking one too many hits of the evil jamba juice.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Really Pants posted:

Diablo was possessing Prince Albrecht. I guess the plan was that instead of just being the devil and turning the world into a devil kingdom, he could pretend to be human and rule over a human kingdom, which would have the advantages of

Hundreds of years ago Diablo and his main bros were imprisoned in soulstones by the Horadrim. They figured out that the Lords of Hell would just keep coming back if they killed them outright, so kept their essences bound within magic crystals that would keep them from rematerializing. As it turns out this was an imperfect plan, and over time the soulstones began to lose their grip on the Prime Evils. Diablo was the first to break free and manipulated the Archbishop Lazarus with mind magic into convincing King Leoric to build his kingdom in Tristram near the monastery where he was imprisoned. Over time he eventually possessed King Leoric's and sought to use him as a vessel to re-enter the world. When the hero of Tristram kills Diablo, the soulstone is left behind and about to break open with purestrain Diablo, so thinking quickly he sticks it into his forehead with the hope of containing him for some time, like how Tal'Rasha had to do with Baal's soulstone. This doesn't work, and we get Diablo 2.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

10 Ways Millennials are RUINING Soulstones! (#8 had me slammajammed)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

If you jump into a door in any Megaman game the screenscroll carries you into the next room while you're still in midair. Now he just stops dead in his tracks. Tragedy.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

suuma posted:

I thought Diablo in Diablo 1 was the King's son not King Leoric, what the hell guys

Yeah that's what we said!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

When is the official WoW vanilla server going live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Kojima being the most basic bitch in the world and buying poo poo like the $200 Assassin's Creed box sets is probably his best quality.

• Locked thread