Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, new NHL game this month. Hope that means the traditional Giant Bomb video soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Infinitum posted:

What's this? Quick Look?

I think so, they're usually good, fun videos. Most of the EA sports ones are usually a treat

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

wow that's almost two alakazams

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

co op but with three people/robots

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

Nuts & Bolts 2 hell yeah

on the ps4 as well plz

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I started firing up the PS4 to download Spider-Man, and realised I just can't be hosed with how slow the PSN is any more. So I ordered a physical copy. It'll arrive tomorrow but probably still faster than a download would be. I'm going back to discs for the PS4 I think.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

al-azad posted:

Put the PS4 in standby. Downloads occur at realistic speed that way.

Oh, will have to remember that, thanks

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

etherium always makes me laugh because its also a currency in this daft ios game I play

haveblue posted:

Also close any open games and apps, makes a huge difference for me.

Oh, I always forget to do this. Thanks for the reminder.

To be fair it might have improved since I used it last. I just remembered the last time as it was booting up earlier and I just went ugh.

e: also I googled it and apparently orange bitcoin is the original and green is bitcoin cash but to be honest I still don't know

McDragon fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 7, 2018

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I think Jackson Fury is a different Fury to whitey fury though because comics

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I thought the steam page layout, the april first date, and the year being 2011 would hint that it was an old picture... :sweatdrop:

I think steam has lost the benefit of the doubt for things like this these days

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

the best cat videos are Maru cause it's just his owner doing things he enjoys and filming it

hana is also the best

Also unrelated but man I love the Resident Evil films. They are just so daft. Watched Afterlife yesterday. Film Wesker is brilliant. Also film Chris Redfield is Wentworth Miller and that is just great too.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

I actually liked Universe at War, too

uaw kicked rear end

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I mainly get ps+ for the :yayclod: stuff

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Looper posted:

they also said not to expect too many new characters this time so my expectations are thoroughly tapered

I like that they said that and then introduced way more new characters than I was expecting. tbh I thought it was just gonna be Ridley and Daisy

also pokefloats and big blue are like my favourite smash stages ever and also the ones with different modes like the pokemon stadium ones

also also items are the best. sometimes the game just spawns a bob--omb on someone's head and that rules

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

well I didn't watch the direct but I guess the gist is

Katamari Switch
Animal Crossing Switch
Isabelle in Smash

also the online has made people angry or something

fake edit: oh, online thingers sound pretty bad, PS+ but poo poo, backlash explained

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

oh, neat. never got round to the second but the first kicked rear end

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Squall kicks rear end in Record Keeper at least

an actual dog posted:

it's pretty good but they do a weird thing where they split things into a missions in such a way to make it longer and that kinda sucks

thats usually what puts me off starting it tbh

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I keep getting the drat snakes on a plane theme song stuck in my head recently

Sakurazuka posted:

Combat in Prototype is weird, looking at the moves list it seems like they thought it was some sort of character action game but there's only like three moves of any use and you just do those over and over again.
Like there's a bunch that assume that at some point you'll be facing off against a single human character in honourable one on one combat instead of constantly getting swarmed by stuff.

It can be very fun going without powers for a bit and just fist-fighting a big meatman. As a granny of course.

Switch Prototype would be neat

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Finished Prototype, thank you devs for deciding your final boss fight wasn't already lovely enough and adding a timer when you get it below a certain amount of health and making me sit through a cutscene every time I died.

Oh man that sucked. I dunno the specifics any more I just remember it was rear end

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

haveblue posted:

It was a giant mutant who not only could stunlock you just as hard as the smaller ones, it could also perform a version of your super death blossom screen clear attack (I don't remember if this was a one-hit kill but it sure was a pain in the rear end). The best strategy, much like the smaller mutants, was to stay far away and throw all the junk lying around the arena at him.

That sounds familiar

and now, this
https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/1042106289868951554

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

It's twenty I think.

Might get one, I like the dinky little thing even if it does turn out to be rubbish.

Should have that interactive t rex on it

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

vita means life

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Man that Bowsette thing really blew up, huh

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

VideoGames posted:

This sort of thing was one of my favourite moments in Deadpool II :D

The credits scenes in Deadpool 2 are some of the most feelgood ones ever

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

It's receiving exactly the right amount of effort and attention imo

:same:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

they should test the character creator too so we can make some sexy skeletons

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

there should be reverse mermaids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I think in Bravely Second the final boss starts trying to delete your saves at one point

• Locked thread