Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Fortnite was also free to play, launched on more platforms faster and while I haven't played it seems to be less of a buggy lovely mess than PUBG still is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Housh posted:

Is it better to play BFV on PC (I7-6700k, 1060 6GB) or PS4 Pro?

All other things aside I think it comes down to whether or not you want to use a mouse to aim in your shoot mans game?

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Wasn't there an EverQuest ARPG on ps2 that was the same engine as BGDA? I think it even got a sequel.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Yesss, those were great.

I wonder what happened to all my ps2 games, I was so bad about taking care of discs back then.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Nothing turns me off faster from an RPG then dungeons with puzzles, or having to pointlessly hit switches.

I played the FFX remaster recently and googled every shrine(?) sphere puzzle without even trying to do them myself, just not worth the effort.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I thought Diablo in Diablo 1 was the King's son not King Leoric, what the hell guys

i want to play Spider Man but I have too many other games to play so it doesn't make sense to buy it :saddowns:

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Oh I think maybe I can't read, carry on

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
BF is full of people handing ammo to idiots so this works out

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

me reading this

:bisonyes:

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
My PS+ ran out in like May and I can't be assed to resubscribe it yet.

There are a couple PS+ freebies I picked up but I have a huge backlog of poo poo so they can wait :shrug:

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Verranicus posted:

They've announced a new AAA Lord of the Rings MMO.. for some reason, while Lord of the Rings Online still exists.

Isn't it being made by some mobile game developer or something

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
FF14's story issues would be fixed if they cut out the dumb filler poo poo where you run across the continent to like, talk to 1 minor inconsequential character and then get told "ok now go back" that repeats for like I dunno 35 levels.

I did the 1-50 story twice prior to Heavensward because I'm dumb and now I actually want to play FF14 again but the thought of that stupid story just makes me not want to touch it.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Phantasium posted:

I want a 3DS Player like how I have a GameBoy Player.

Bring back Super GameBoy

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I remember having this Game Boy game that was a side-scrolling platformer and you played a dude with a staff that could sometimes shoot like fireballs and the whole gist of the game was to like fight pollution or something. I think your dude looked like a ninja? That game was rad.

Zen: Intergalactic Ninja. Apparently it was a comic

suuma fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Sep 17, 2018

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I played Link's Awakening before I ever played a Mario game with a Yoshi in it, though I knew what the character was, so L:A having both a chain chomp and a yoshi in it was pretty surreal.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Now that I think about it I guess it had bob-ombs too.

7 year old me wasn't prepared for this crossover.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I loved Pokemon as a kid but bounced real hard off of Omega Ruby, Black and Y. I think its the pace, having to spend like 4 hours doing what is effectively a tutorial and then the slow battles. If it had a fast-forward button I think i'd be all over it.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
My tiny 3ds hurts my hands to hold too :(

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Did this get posted yet

https://youtu.be/zgqz8Je7P0s

e: oh it's 2 weeks old lol

suuma fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 18, 2018

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
That there would be a Donkey Kong Wiki and that Donkey Kong had extensive lore is not something I ever thought to consider so thanks for that I guess

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

this 'correction' is dated today but i feel like somebody made this same joke years ago

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
All I remember about Prototype is trying to fight giant boss things but getting hit by rockets over and over.

I don't think they even did much damage they were just annoying.

Red Dead Redemption was probably Peak Open World of the ps3/x360 generation.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
My wife plays Minecraft and World of Warcraft, Neopets might be better

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Isn't this like wearing a band t-shirt for the band you're seeing live at a concert

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I'm home for a couple weeks recovering from surgery and I just want to say, video games are good

I quit Shadow of War though that poo poo was boring

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

What kind of surgery did you have? I hope it went well and that recovery is easy and painless

Lumbar laminectomy to hopefully fix this extreme sciatic neuropathy. Surgery actually went great.

They don't give out good medication anymore and I get why but the prevailing thing seems to be "well yeah you're supposed to be in pain you just had surgery :v:". Meanwhile I just want to sleep :saddowns:

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I beat Guacamelee 2 and I'm playing MGS5 again

I still can't beat the tempered Kirin in MHW so I guess I'm done playing that now :v:

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
MGSV started the recent trend of "games that let you pet dogs" so it's probably worth it just for that

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

Is Shadow of War any good, now that the microtransactions are out? It's on sale for 17$ this weekend, and the demo is 50GB.

A buddy at work let me borrow his disc copy and it's... Incredibly mediocre? I loved shadow of mordor but something about the sequel feels really off.

I never played it when the MTs were in but the flow of the combat just feels really bad compared to the original game. Maybe it gets better with more levels/skills or whatever, I don't know.

If you liked the first one I'd say check out the demo and see how you feel about it, <$20 is about what it's worth imo

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

Aside from the microtransactions I think a big problem that game had was that it took a lot of what was great about Shadow of Mordor and exaggerated it and added more of it until it wasn't so great. Like in SoM it was an awesome and rare occurrence when you ran into an exceptionally goofy orc. In SoW it happened a ton and they all had annoyingly long intro sequences so it really lost its charm.

Also it was still way too easy. Even on the harder difficulty Talion is just too powerful for there to ever be real stakes to the fights.

Yeah, the combat wasn't hard at all, more just annoying than anything, at least for me. It sort of just dragged on and Talion feels less responsive somehow.

Like I fought 3 captains in a row that had big shields and whatever ability that lets them adapt to getting stunned so instead of doing that to stagger them and get in a few hits I ended up having to do weird poo poo like quickly climb a nearby wall and jump off with a stealth attack to do any damage. That took like an hour and was a slog.

I also have a sort of minor gripe about how they handled fitting Talion/Celebrimbors story into existing LOTR timeline but that's on me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I can't imagine finally getting to play an mgs that isn't hallways and hiding in cabinets to avoid alerts and then being mad at it

• Locked thread