Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

gently caress yeah dragon quest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I've heard that review is great but I already know I'm gonna play it and want to go in blind.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

https://meh.com/

Anybody have any opinions on this laptop? Are the specs good for the price

Mmm I dunno, it seems pretty meh

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

It takes that long for one of the cards to transform (an egg to hatch iirc?)

It's goofier than that - it takes 2 weeks for shampoo to transform into beautiful hair

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Basically the way the guy does it is he plays for a certain period of time every day for 2 weeks and then leaves it. DURING the time he plays he's doing tons of really intensive speedrun stuff since he has to spend as little time in menus as possible, as well as get through the game, and actually get the items that will transform.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

chumbler posted:

This is generally known, but what recent event has brought on this revelation?

The Witcher Netflix show is casting, and the casting call for Ciri is looking for a non-white actress, so the internet has lost its racist mind

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I can play 100 hour RPGs no problem but I couldn't make it 3 hours into child of light. That game is dull

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Folks we're getting Luigi's Mansion 3, today is a good day

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

They've been doing this since Snake was announced for wii smash like 5 years ago

Brawl came out more than 10 years ago

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I love Erik's weird accent

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

I really wish The Room 3 and The Room Old Sins were available on steam like the first two games are. Those are some neat games. Any of you ever play them?

I like those games a lot and until this very moment I was unaware there was a fourth one! Thank you for the info I'm downloading it right now

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I had no clue what the gently caress you guys are talking about but now I know and it's just made me sad

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I think I'm nearing the end of Witcher III. How long are the 2 main DLCs? Wondering if I should hold off on them and play some other games in the interim.

Blood and Wine is basically a whole additional act of story on par with any of the other sections in the main game, and includes an entire new region to explore to boot. Heart of Stone's a bit shorter.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

What's the story again with the homestuck game and the creator getting scammed out of his kickstarter money? I remember the real short summary ie "he got scammed" but I can't remember much else past that.

Or maybe I made the whole thing up and I legit don't know what I'm talking about. That is also equally possible.

The details have always been vague due probably to a settlement agreement. But basically The Odd Gentlemen were contracted to work on the game, and then got an offer to make King's Quest and hosed off to do that without returning the money they were paid.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

woah

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Some of their games had really good stories and characters, and some were awful. I just played the Batman ones earlier this year because of good word of mouth and that was my plan for the future. So I'm not glad they're dead. :(

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

no because i took bulbasaur

this

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Hmm I never played the sequel to Heart's Medicine, maybe I should do that

It's good. I wish the third one would come out already

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nintendo invited this with the abomination that is Peachette. That's the part that never should have happened but it did and now I say bring it on. You reap what you sow.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Anything is better than Trumps dick

:hai:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

I was going to make a joke about the gun going through the guys head, but after taking another look I am not sure what happened.

I'm pretty sure that the player got too close and the gun did indeed go through the guy's head so the bullets couldn't hit him.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Why would you have an ability named "Undodgeable Shot - Never Miss" if it, in fact, can miss

It's player error. Undodgeable shot makes it so that all the bullets go right at the center of the crosshair but that person screwed it up.

I think, it's hard to tell without the lining up of the shot that preceded it.

Like the way the game works, there's nothing stopping a player to just aim at the sky or something and fire. If undodgeable shot triggers like that, it's not going to magically cause them to be aiming at a soldier. This is the same thing except the problem was they got way too close.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 27, 2018

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah idk, I think they just probably were too close.

Now that I'm starting the game I'll take this as a warning to make sure I'm a few steps back before shooting ;)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Colonel posted:

said like someone who never used defense buffs

If u yell at your troops loud enough they can absorb bullets :hai:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Haha peach said swears

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Phantasium posted:

loving wow

ebay rear end in a top hat relists an item i buy less than 24 hours after i buy it at half the price.

when i call him out on it, the only reply is oh gee, thanks for pointing out the typo.

then he changes the price on the new iteration to twice what i paid for it.

Nice, you won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

precision posted:

I finally finished the story mode of the latest Layton game and OH MY GOD THAT SEQUEL HOOK

Also the 400 bonus puzzles definitely help make up for the main game puzzles being kinda weak

You just made me realize that despite seeing her face in my avatar every day, I haven't checked in on the Daily Puzzles in months.

Well now I guess I have 73 puzzles to do this weekend

• Locked thread