Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This month I hope to finish the Ridge Racer 7 single player which is a surprisingly big amount of game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Happy September thread! I'm half hoping I get a new game for (Australian) Father's Day tomorrow and half hoping I don't as I don't have time to play for a long while.

If you spend less time fathering that leaves you more time gaming!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

A real gamer only has three lives and you lose two of them to that one boss on level 4 :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:rip: Bioware

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I got tired of Ridge Racer 7 so I had a crack at Resistance: Fall of Man and god drat this difficulty is ridiculous. I'm on standard difficulty and I can't get more than ten minutes into the game without dying because there's no regenerating health and no health packs. The hell?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Disc swapping was cool because when you got a big game with lots of discs it felt like you were about to delve into something epic. I think one of the reasons FF9 caught me as much as it did is that it came on four discs and it felt like I was jumping into giant expansive world.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

codenameFANGIO posted:

Never be ashamed to Game.

But what if people think I'm lame to game :ohdear:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This is pretty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYrj53se7Bw

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm listening to the Wild Arms soundtrack at work and now I want to be playing this game despite knowing nothing about it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I dialled down the difficulty on Resistance and got to the point where you get regenerating health and now I'm starting to have some fun. I really like the WW2 meets aliens vibe and it's great that the first level is set in York cause it reminds me of home. More video games need to be in old British towns. It does have a serious case of the Next-Gen is Brown problems that plagued late 00s games though, it's like someone's smeared mud all over my TV.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
GIVE US A REAL BANJO-KAZOOIE GAME RARE, I DARE YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

I’ve been watching Warcraft lore vids

Spoiler: he gets corrupted and turns evil

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Warcraft III's story is super rad and will always be super rad

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The world needs Warcraft IV, quit screwing around on us Blizzard :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kill the franchise

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm through the second level of Resistance and I'm starting to be not impressed. They went from quaint English town to generic alien factory and after playing Quake 4, Prey '06 and Gears I feel like we've pretty much tapped this genre out. This game is giving me absolutely nothing new. Plus the fancy ~*next gen*~ graphics are really ugly. I know it was a meme to bitch about bloom back then but holy poo poo there is way too much loving bloom. And worst of all, the level was set in Grimsby. loving Grimsby!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's really cool how we're all working ourselves to the death so that AIs can kick back and play video games 24/7

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

lordfrikk posted:

Do arguments like "she's not real" really hold up for these kind of situations? I don't know enough about the books to know whether the author ever bothered to specify her skin color, but if he has it doesn't make much sense to me to be changing the source material. And I'm not only defending this when it comes to whatever is the analogue to whitewashing because I remember it wasn't that long ago when there was a huge backlash because of casting Scarlett Johannson for the role of Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell and I also kind of agreed with that not being the best of choices. I don't plan to watch the movie but I've heard they even made her look more Asian which made it kind of even worse?

How about the film and TV industry is heavily prejudiced against BAME actors and doing whichever improves representation for them is best?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Black and minority ethnicities

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I played Tomb Raider Legend this year and it really hit the mark for dumb popcorn fun. It was like a summer action movie in video game form.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GUI posted:

The Guild Wars 2 debacle, the transphobic Cyberpunk 2077 twitter joke, the possibly transphobic and anti-immigration jokes in the Doom Eternal demo 4channers are jerking off to, everything that's going on at Riot, the shooting at the Madden tournament, EA recently cowering to the "a woman with a prosthetic arm in my Hollywood war videogame" crowd. Video games are on a roll this year.

What happened with the EA thing?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eh, the mortally challenged joke is definitely playing to the alt-right by validating their lovely opinion. The other stuff is reaching though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Knew what this was going to be, wasn't disappointed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Seriously, Resistance? First you send me to Grimsby and now to Cheshire? If I wanted a tour of all the poo poo-ridden dilapidated towns stripped bare by the greed of capitalism I'd just hop on a bus up north.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I will never understand how KB+M is meant to be a good way of playing FPSs. The double stick method is so much more intuitive.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Like a gazillion bad guys get killed by the heroes in every MCU movie.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

lets hang out posted:

I love to game

I game to love

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Good to see security companies hitting their diversity quotas by hiring blind people

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You can't really do a JRPG in 10 hours because it doesn't give you enough time to give your characters the proper level of progression and growth that is a key component of the genre. It takes at least 40 to go from humble peasant to immortal god monster.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hunt11 posted:

So in this threads opinion, how was FF15?

Backstreet Boys comeback tour was better the first time

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

And I'm gonna have to stop shopping because I now have to save money for gambling

Relax or DIE, we're all worried about you. It's ok to admit you have a problem.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I have never met Isabelle before but after that trailer she's already my favourite mayoral assistant and I wish her well in the combat fights

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
To me the thing with FF8 is that it's half an great game and half of a godawful one mashed together. The Deling City assassination attempt and the Battle of the Gardens are really strong cinematic sequences, Triple Triad is fantastic and the combat system feels pretty expansive with plenty of variety but at the same time Squall suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks, Rinoa sorta sucks, your other party members get no development because it's all about the main couple, the story goes off the rails so hard in disc 3 and the combat system takes a lot of figuring out and is really annoying until you do.

It's been a long time since I played FF12 but I had a lot of fun with the combat. You can just leave it to play itself but if you do you're doing yourself a disservice.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Resistance did a level in Bristol but it was just a random park and I'm sad cause we've got loads of cool landmarks here that belong in video games :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The only good thing about FF13 is Vanille don't @ me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

You monster.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it's weird to me that it's accepted that the current console generation is ending soonish. feels like the PS4 just came out but I guess that isn't the case.

what expectations are there for the next generation? will Microsoft hang it up

PS360 gen was 2006-2013 so judged on that you'd expect new consoles to drop in 2020. Generations last longer and longer each time though so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a year or two on top of that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I finished Resistance. It was perfectly serviceable as a run of the mill shoot a bunch of aliens FPS but I never felt like it crossed the line into being special. There was nothing in there worth talking about. Next up, MotorStorm!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sakurazuka posted:

Are you going through the PS3 catalogue in release date order?

And the 360 and the Wii.

Yes, I have a problem :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh boy the intro video to MotorStorm looks amazingly beautiful, I can't wait to play-

"An update to this game is available"

...Oh.

• Locked thread