Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Surprised Undertale wasn’t already on Switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In truth, August for me ended as it began: in Monster Hunter World

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Windertale

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s actually kind of weird that we all happily buy the same game multiple times just because they’re on different systems. Sometimes they’re not even remasters

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

drat, living the gamer lyfe

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Boy FF9 really loves hiding chests behind scenery huh

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ve been getting a youtube ad for some lovely mobile game, it’s a twitch bro opening a pack of I guess anime girls and then going WOOOOOOW

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What I want most in MHW: an elevator near where you spawn after finishing a quest

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

BoI has always been good. We all know the damage-sponge bosses suck but you can just not fight them

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kojima does it again, foresaw the popularity of DS games with subtitles that have “DS” as initials

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I had to do a couple of hours of unpaid work at home, on this most holy of days. gently caress

Going to reward myself with some reheated ‘za and MHW

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Disc changes were cool, you could talk about JRPGs in terms of “Disc 1”, “Disc 2”, etc

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You can probably recreate the effect by having a “Would you like to save?” prompt after a climactic scene.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

bloodychill posted:

Boy do I have the best version of Windows for y’all

Typo on the label (“Inser”), I call FAKE!!!!!!!!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In replaying FF9 on iPad and also not remembering where the discs originally started and ended, I can confirm that it’s fine without the disc breaks, you don’t need them to appreciate climaxes

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You know what I’ve come to dislike? 16- and 32-bit-era JRPG castles

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Puzzle rooms with random encounters enabled are death

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I live in Montreal. I saw a car with a Texan license plate. It was a Volkswagen Beetle. It had a Mario figurine on the dashboard

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’d be enjoying FF9 a lot more if it was just a book I could read

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ve been watching Warcraft lore vids

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No, sometimes the evil person was already evil and willingly underwent corruption

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Idgi

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

gently caress, sweet flip dude

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Exclusives suck

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

gently caress that, alpha WoW was one of the greatest, most immersive games ever made. Vanilla ruined it by catering to casuals

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ok for a moment, from your descriptions, I thought it was an actual AI playing video games for an audience but it’s much more boring than that

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

homeless snail posted:

it makes sense for alita at least, if someone built a girl robot for real they'd definitely give it big anime eyes

Definitely not

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I thought one-liners after killing a bad guy went out of fashion years ago. Even James Bond stopped doing it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I do not know why I read YouTube comments, not a single one has ever improved my life in any way

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I can’t play Platinum games, I don’t need constant reminders that I’m getting old and have dumb meat hands that can’t parry good

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ll happily play games on easy now.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What are some short JRPGs?

I don’t mean “short for a JRPG”, I mean like 10-hour JRPGs

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Sitting in a concert hall waiting for them to start playing final fantasy music right now

The program says they'll announce the songs on stage which is super unusual. The normal vocalist isn't credited though so I'm worried that there won't be any songs with non-choir vocals

Are people dressed up or is it a casual affair?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Nintendo is doomed

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is that an acronym, J.E.S.U.S.?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I agree with cheetah

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think franchises should stop being a thing.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

All games on every platform imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

• Locked thread