Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i bought septerra core on gog and it didn't work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm gonna stop playing yakuza 0 after i finish the real estate and cabaret club stuff because the thought of spending 100 hours on garbage like the telephone club sounds really awful. feel like after the mushroom dealer and passport to pizza i've pretty much seen all of the best side stuff the game has to offer

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The White Dragon posted:

terekura doesn't take that long

it doesn't have to take long for me to hate it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytPUmHaczvM

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
don't worry this time he hired a woman to give a female perspective in his game where he teaches you how you can hit on one of your employees at the workplace without getting arrested

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
how does this article even begin to get the idea that a game co-created by scott benson is purposeful pro-trump propaganda

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
like i guess i could understand having that kind of oddly negative takeaway and doing a piece on how they had like, unintentionally created something like that but

i don't think anyone involved with night in the woods, has any kind of positive feelings for donald trump lmao

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i will say though

Verranicus posted:

The writer later went on to claim she was being attacked because she was trans and not because of the terrible article or something.

she's probably still at least partially right about this

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i beat the jp version of wario world and having a second phase turns the purple jewel from an incredibly monotonous, anticlimactic boss to like. actually a really fun fight that visibly builds on the core mechanics rather than just kind of tossing them away to make you smash crystals forever. it sure would have been cool, if they had finished the entire final boss before releasing the game in the us!!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PInuVXgxO1g

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Internet Kraken posted:

Watching more MGS2

Can Kojima make an entire game about Fat Man please

Fat Man Goes To The Pahty

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Macaluso posted:

hot take: Night in the Woods was the best game to come out in the year that had things like Mario Odyssey and Zelda and NeiR and whatever :colbert:

it wasn't my fav of 17 but i liked it a lot. i shan't make it a competition

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
You must be Ames.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

this was extremely beautiful in 1999

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
what are the politics at rockstar

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

mutata posted:

Outside of the leadership drama and lawsuits, Rockstar is generally known as a place where you have to drink the cool aid and love all their games (hence the unapologetic crunch) or you'll be asked to leave or shunned, stuff like that. Also, once you work for Rockstar and leave for any reason, it's fairly openly communicated that you aren't welcome back ever again.

Basically at Rockstar they care about making the game they're working on, and... that's it. They don't care about anything or anyone else.

that sounds... pretty miserable

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

something I just thought about as I'm watching someone speedrun Donkey Kong Country 2 is that sometimes you ride the animal friends and sometimes you like, become the animal friends

why is there a difference

areas where you ride them generally have them be less important, more used for accessing secrets and stuff, so getting hit knocks you off of them and it makes things a bit harder but it's not the end of the world. when you turn into an animal it's usually cause the entire level is built around them so if you lost them you'd be 100% hosed

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm thinking about how the old english localization of yakuza 1 on the ps2 had shimano's voice be the guy who went on to voice daud in dishonored

also how it had mark hamill as majima, and bill farmer as detective date

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like the massive gulf between yakuza 2's localization and yakuza kiwami 2's localization, separated by a literal decade

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm kind of baffled at how much of, an actual legit metal gear game ghost babel is, on the gameboy color

like it's obvious that they kind of compromised with giving it a level-based structure but at the same time that kind of saves it from the curse of constant backtracking without losing the fun sense of exploration and everything else feels decently up to par with earlier metal gear

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Infinitum posted:

It has Virtual Missions, for training, as well doesn't it? And there's a gently caress ton of them?

That game ruled.

yeah there's a ton and it's a mix up of stuff from mgs1 and original missions built newly for ghost babel

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the dark side of disc swapping is star ocean 4

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah everything in trails in the sky is made to be used with just the mouse if need be

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's bizarre how much of ghost babel's writing feels like a dead ringer for the kind of feel that mgs1 had

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i feel like the level of ghost babel that was just 15 minutes of finding and switching between boxes and retreading the same floors if you made a mistake with the boxes was a bit much

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcKbJdCbyB0

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

cheetah7071 posted:

I had an N64 as a child and thus never swapped discs

never bought an n64dd...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

FirstAidKite posted:

Oh god you're watching Vinny play that game?

Vinny is terrible at video games, I remember the compilation of him playing his first actual sonic the hedgehog game and it was one of the genesis ones and he just had no clue what he was doing lol

i mean tbf genesis sonic is pretty rough if you're just jumping into it for the first time and have no sense for the movement mechanics

if he'd been playing sonic 1 or 2 instead of sonic 3 he probably wouldn't have even finished the game and, well, i wouldn't have blamed him

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
jak ii should be five hours shorter than it is cause now i'm getting into some of the extremely lovely late-game missions and i just want the game to end. i can't even imagine doing hero mode with a game this long and this bullshit

also it's weird that the keira subplot is just built on erol, who's entire character is being a weird slimy rear end in a top hat and someone who you've never seen in literally any other context, walking in and saying "jak i'm gonna murder you and gently caress your girlfriend" and then keira getting mad at jak for saying that erol is a bad guy

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1037063447001878528

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
metal gear ghost babel's first half is significantly better than its second half. jesus

this entire power station level is just, a loving headache of annoying mazes that suck rear end to traverse and air vents that take an eternity to crawl through

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Sep 4, 2018

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Shindragon posted:

Yup. It’s a solid try for a GB game but the 2nd half is just bullshit

this power plant is really just, killing any motivation i had to finish the game. jesus christ it is so loving annoying to navigate

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's weird that both ni no kuni games got such massive praise to the point that it drowned out anything else when it seems like general opinions on both are pretty divided in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i asked myself why i've never beaten rocket: robot on wheels and after playing it for ten minutes i've determined it's because the game is ugly as sin and the way the camera and everything in the game moves kind of makes me feel sick

• Locked thread