Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Xenoblade 2 DLC looks like the only new thing I'll be getting this month.

Oh well, I still have plenty of games to catch up on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Nasgate posted:

The Midwest is filled with the nicest horrible people in the world.
This is the pithiest way I've ever seen this truth put.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I haven't played Night in the Woods because I see enough forestry outside my window as it is, but people will see whatever they want in stuff whether its a warranted take or not.

Like there are people that watched Apocalypse Now and then immediately signed up to join the army.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Finance dudebros watched Wall Street and Wolf of Wall Street and thought "hell yeah we're fuckin' awesome"
Yeah exactly. Some people are just never gonna get whatever message you intend, even if stuff like Wall Street and Wolf of Wall Street are pretty unsubtle about their intent.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I too experience a thrill from drinking the blood of all of my opponents and enemies.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I thought he had a comically large GBA SP to play Pokemon Blue with before watching this and then was immediately disappointed.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I've done it goons... I've successfully put together a shelf...

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah its a pain in the butt but its nice to put something together myself that I’m actually going to get use out of.

The shelfspace I had before was getting cramped anyways and this gives me enough room to reorganize.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Andrast posted:

Maybe in 10 years they will be absolutely incredible again because the dated memes will be so dated that it will be funny again
Sounds like a real turnabout.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The only part of Curse of the Moon I don't like is how I can't see the HP bar of bosses.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Doorknob Slobber posted:

how does a mouse go missing
Maybe it ran up a clock and got lost.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Wow Reddit is really racist.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah I was talking about the Witcher Netflix thing. I always knew there was racism on Reddit, I was just naive enough to think it wasn't this bad outside of the the subs specifically for Alt-Righters or whatever.

Endorph posted:

The witcher novels have darker skinned characters and races, they just don't appear in the games. I think one of them might have been in the Blood and Wine DLC? I'm not a witcher lore expert. Anyway, so that makes the 'my canon!!' arguments even dumber.
Hearts of Stone has some, like those dudes that kidnap Geralt and want to put him on trial for killing their toad prince.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

corn in the bible posted:

Also you don't know, they could be asking for a black girl actress to play Geralt.
They already cast Henry Cavill as Geralt.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Do you guys know any speedrunning tips and/or tricks for despawning a hurricane off of the map? Florence is coming fairly close to where I live and personally I do not like this one bit!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm watching anime today, as I await the challenge of Florence.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

goferchan posted:

Sir, this is an Arby's drive--- ah-- very good.
lol

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Saint Freak posted:

Sure you can, you just end up weak and extremely unlucky.
Exactly. I'm extremely attractive and easily the most intelligent poster to ever grace these forums, and I'm about get owned by a hurricane.

There was just no way for even I, as great as I am, to avoid this future.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I think Shadow Complex was the last WRPG I actually finished before Witcher 3.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

b_d posted:

I thought shadow complex was that metroidy game with like rockets and a foam gun or something. what am I thinking of
No that's Shadow Complex. It also has leveling and stats and such, similar to Symphony of the Night.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

Shadow Complex doesn't have leveling and stats anyway, it's pure upgrades like a Metroid game.
Uh yes it does? There are even many guides out there for the best way to grind XP and quickly level up in that game. Here's another guide that explains how leveling up affects stats.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah the older I get, the more I appreciate the "easy to just pick up, hard to master" design philosophy in games. Stuff that's super involved out of the box I just can't do.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Can you kill any cops in the new Spider-Man game

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Starting to see lots of lightning over here in NC, and not the Toriyama kind.

The end is imminent, goons.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

A dumb shitpost I made (As opposed to the regular dumb posts I make) shouldn’t have spawned this much discussion. Shame on you guys.

Accordion Man posted:

Spider-Man couldn't be a cop though because his personal mantra is all about responsibility for his actions.
This was pretty good though.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Sep 11, 2018

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Finally, something to get me through Florence.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah Ethan is a weird nothing of a character, though RE7 has plenty of better ones to make up for him.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

An old friend of mine has become the subject of a viral internet gif and its been bizarrely surreal to see random Redditors and such jump to odd conclusions about him as a result.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

how big do they have to be for "very big breasts" to be an insufficient content warning, and necessitate "very very big breasts"
I think that’s the point where cup sizes go from the alphabet to some kind of math puzzle.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

This Daemon ex Machina game looks cool.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

al-azad posted:

so Square is doing all the 3D playstation final fantasies except 8? lol
8 also doesn't have any kind of HD port yet, unlike 7/9/10/10-2/12.

If it ever gets one I'm sure it will pop up on Switch too.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Wow even in its weakened form this hurricane really blows.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Lights starting to flicker here. Still on ATM but its concerning.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

:ohdear:

Make sure to keep everything that needs to be charged (like portable game consoles... And your phone I guess) at max!

Florence swerved around where I'm at so we just have a strong breeze. Stay safe
Thanks. I'm near Raleigh so the worst is south of us so I don't think things will get too bad over here, but we've still got some Tornado and flood watches right now and based on the maps I'm looking at there's still more storm to come.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Hi there, I'm south of you in the upper Midlands of SC! We're looking at possible 10' of rain
How are you guys holding up?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I don't like FF12 or FF13 very much at all but FF13 has combat that eventually gets decent 30 hours in and FF12's combat never gets good so between the two I'd probably give the edge to FF13.

FF13 also has more music that I like.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I cannot recall a single track from FF12. It has the most bland soundtrack of any FF game.
A lot of it just very calming, relaxing music that makes it not very memorable. I do love the regular boss battle theme though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CTnqYZIGiA

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

This was probably my favorite FF15 track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpiEHxgLN-E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tbh the mini PS1 looks super cute to me, unlike the Vita TV. I want to put it on a shelf, perhaps next to an elf of some kind.

• Locked thread