Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yay new thread! Tonight I bought a bunch of games to fill up my Vita memory card. They are probably all bad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My one question is when are we getting a Yakuza: Dancing All Night game?!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just before I woke up today I had a really weird dream where Postal 3 was an open world game set in an old west ghost town filled with cats in hats that were defending it from an invasion by Russians.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got Persona 5 running on the Vita!

...with PS4 Remote Play, which is shockingly functional!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I finally came back to Yakuza 5 with my wife and goddamn I didn’t realize just how long this game is. We started like 7 hours ago and we’re still in Kiryu’s chapters.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Internet Kraken posted:

Watching more MGS2

Can Kojima make an entire game about Fat Man please

Goddamn that dude owned

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I finally beat the first character in Yakuza 5 which has the one of the best climaxes to a Yakuza game in years with one hell of a stinger and now I’m on the second character who is doing the same loving thing he did in the previous game which was zero fun at all and now I lust for death I wanna do dance battles in the street goddamnit

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah the prison stuff is so bad because he doesn’t even have a good reason to be back in prison and it’s so frustrating.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh my god I’m on a spirit journey to a hostess club and I can’t stop ordering million yen champagne towers

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Looper posted:

you should get paid for your commute

Hell yes you should. Trapped in a tiny subway car with the worst people for around an hour on average so I can be miserable for 8-10 hours, then do that same lovely commute all over again? gently caress the boss, no one should have to put up with that poo poo.

Also I finally punched a bear in Yakuza 5 and I’m just glad to be finally done with the prison segment.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Going to the gym and then jacking into the Rift for Zone of the Enders 2 VR hell freakin' yeah!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ciaphas posted:

wait is this for real

also is it a seated thing, my back is out so i haven't watched the VR thread in months

yes, gamepad required and it's seated VR experience so no worries about back strain. also it's like 30 bucks which is an incredibly fair price imo

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Help Im Alive posted:

I was into Rainbow Six Siege for a while and after playing Overwatch for so long it was kinda funny how bland the cosmetic stuff was. You'd grind out a bunch of credits to get a slightly different colour for your bulletproof vest when in Overwatch you can make Tracer run around as a christmas elf or w/e

they obviously make a killing from them but idk how people get excited about cosmetic items in those kinds of realistic military shooters

The only good one from Siege is IQ's elite skin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD92WL6ditY

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rarity posted:

GIVE US A REAL BANJO-KAZOOIE GAME RARE, I DARE YOU

Nuts & Bolts 2 hell yeah

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m playing through the Nonary Games trilogy, they’re pretty neat! Got the safe ending for 999 and am excited to see how this all pays off.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm really enjoying Persona 5, but I've been checking a couple of guides for what I should do day-to-day and I'm worried that I'm behind where I should be. How strict is the game about maxing out your social links and your 5 stats (guts, knowledge, etc) before the end of the game? I don't wanna miss any cool story bits, I'm really liking the characters a lot.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I did not follow a guide and maxed out all but one stat and two confidants. The only thing that got in the way was not knowing the stat gates for some of the later characters, otherwise I probably could have gotten them all.

This did require maximizing the Fortune confidant's booster abilities every single available time though

Ah, cool! Thanks for all the tips guys. There's a couple characters I just don't give a single poo poo about (Ryuiji, Mishima) so I won't focus on them as much, but I just don't wanna feel like I'm under the gun.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hunt11 posted:

You want to put some focus on Ryuiji due to a certain late rank only activating on certain days. Out of curiosity how far are you into the game and what are your social stats?

I'm on 6/9 (nice) and I got:
Prison Master @ 4
Morgana @ 3 (cat)
Sojiro Sakura @ 2 (dad)
Ann Takamaki @ 5 (blonde lady)
Ryuji Sakamoto @ 4 (blonde dude)
Back-alley Doctor @ 7 (the Plague who calls you guinea pig)
Sadayo Kawakami @ 2 (the teacher maid)
Yuuki Mishima @ 2 (the artist dude)
and Man of the People @ 3 (the politician)

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Verranicus posted:

Don't suppose anyone here can suggest some decent romhacks of games like Fire Emblem or Pokemon on GBA? I know a ton exist but life is short and I'd sooner avoid the stinkers.

Pokemon Ultraviolet uses the GBA remakes of the original and puts all 151 original Pokemon in one game, that's the one I always go to

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hey! Persona hasn't come to PC! And Yakuza K2-6 aren't confirmed for PC yet. PS4 + PC is the way to go, imo.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh man, did anyone hear about this Riot Games thing? I just saw a story on RPS but it didn't seem to have much details.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real hurthling! posted:

you should link what you talking about. is it the 2 guys left the company after a pax panel thing thats popping up on google?

yeah that. sorry bout that, link's here: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/09/08/riot-games-fires-at-least-one-employee-after-diversity-panel-backlash/

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hell fuckin yeah, Judge Eyes looks incredible. I can’t wait to lock people up dressed as Dracula.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knew what this was going to be before I clicked on it, still cracked up laughing anyways.

Ostentatious posted:

naoto is much better than chie

the best girl is actually Kawakami

Judge Eyes has me hype as gently caress and I'm thrilled for the new direction they're gonna take the Yakuza 6 engine in. Also here's a trailer for the next Front Mission thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut1cj0nMzbg

Sad to admit that yes, I'm extremely excited to play this.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oops double

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Graphic posted:

Starting in your late 20s you get to start watching your reflexes turn to complete dog poo poo in real time. At this point I can't even hang in the least twitchy FPS games anymore, then trying to get good at For Honor was the biggest disaster of all. The future is all coop and singleplayer games :(

Yeah I'm like 28 and I can only do decent in Siege if I've been drinking, it sucks

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
doomguy's ancestor is BJ Blascowitz, who murdered countless cops across the world

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought one of those automatic litter boxes you only need to empty every couple of weeks and gently caress me the cat keeps attacking the metal pooper scooper every time it runs a cycle, I think he's about ready to break the drat thing

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
95% of DLC has been complete trash, as someone who has bought a lot of DLC.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Witcher 3 had less DLC and more full-blown Expansions that were really incredible to experience, at least so I'm told, I haven't finished my second playthrough to actually experience them but anyone who has can't shut up about them.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I still can't get over when the violin hits in Persona 4 Golden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C76moI0IZCE

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll never Switch, not even once

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Today I got my VR headset and my racing wheel to play nice and holy poo poo I loving eat rear end at Dirt Rally but hot drat I can’t get enough of it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Y’all go see Mandy holy gently caress that was an incredible movie

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I ordered a couple of weird cheapish Chinese handheld emulator consoles tonight, hopefully I can use them to play old SNES and Genesis RPGs on the go. If not I’m gonna try and turn this old Fire tablet I never use into a basic emulation handheld.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

al-azad posted:

I hate watching YouTube on ps4 because I keep seeing these prageru videos and it’s pissing me off.

Also Isabelle is totally taller than little Mac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqeMRVTMZBQ

just lol if you haven't already graduated from prager university with honors

proliferation of baby mammas

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

corn in the bible posted:

Seriously just get a PSP

My Vita just updated and I’m waiting for this game I pre-ordered to come out so at this point I’m just waiting for that stuff to sort itself out

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My wife ragequit the hunting in Yakuza 5 and is making us skip to 6 but she doesn’t wanna sit through the intro. I feel like our marriage is being tested.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m working her over, I think she just likes fighting more than anything at this point. She’s grinded the gently caress out of the past three Yakuza games we played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Last night I fired up Fallout 4 VR and holy poo poo is this gonna need a lot of modding but also it's really funny to one-hand a giant loving minigun but also I'm downloading a bunch of mods to do a pistol/melee only run now

• Locked thread