Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the best game this year so far is bleed 2

e: I have septerra core should i play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Relax Or DIE posted:

It is cool that Crosscode is finally coming out, the little bit I followed it made it seem like it was just going to get pushed back forever.
the ball is now in secrets of grindea's court

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

A good pinball table is any of the ones Farsight lost the rights to for Pinball Arcade

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

since i have the vrv trial i watched legends of the hidden temple. i also saw that they added momoru hosuda's films (summer wars, wolf children, etc)

legends is so unbelievably rigged against the kids it feels like a wager pitched between the devil and god

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i wonder which company's last-on-board-the-titanic game will crash their company first, bioware's anthem or housemarque's battle royale game

people didn't buy nex machina enough so.... what do we do... oh look, boss key is doing a battle royale, i bet that will work out for them, let's also try it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i've been able to play gpu-intensive games on my non-gaming intel gpu laptop but it's reached a limit, it'll eventually softlock, where i can vaguely switch between programs but can't launch any, can't crash the game, and have to flat out shut my pc off

i'll just have to stick to less intensive or old games, like i've been playing torchlight for example

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

wild arms 3 has maybe the most baffling story, but the best presentation and translation

wild arms 2 has the worst translation, but the most straightforward story

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm pretty good at games based on the number i've beaten, but i wouldn't say that's a good thing

i guess it's better than being really good at -one- game and pouring 5,000 hours into it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I finished torchlight, the final boss is terrible and requires you to grind 5 levels for some reason, despite the rest of the game being well-balanced

I do have torchlight 2 on humble trove but i dunno if i want to jump right into it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the eve online banners are all terrible

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lol Spiderman has ubisoft map-reveal towers and fast travel has to be unlocked

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

read the episode descriptions https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B0172XW82K?ref_=atv_dp_season_select

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

al-azad posted:

Why do you want to fast travel in a spider-man game?
the same reason I want to fast travel in any open world game.. open worlds are too loving big

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the worst was kingdoms of amalur because there was no fast travel AND no horse riding so you just had to run everywhere

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it was a very mediocre game

i'm still looking for ARPGs on the level of baldurs gate dark alliance, but aside from victor vran and the Ys games, that's not really PC's specialty (Xanadu Next comes close but is only partial controller support)

a really good one was shining force neo on ps2, despite having nothing to do with shining force. i might get EXA at some point because it's supposed to be basically more of the same

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I played dragon age and when i realized i had to click on enemies and the combat was like watching ants trying to escape a glob of tree sap, i uninstalled it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

al-azad posted:

I'm one of the seven people that liked the Bards Tale action rpg.
I have that via Humble Monthly Trove, maybe i'll try it. i think it's the same engine as Dark Alliance

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the way jeff of GB is describing it, 'the quiet man' might be the AAA equivalent of crying is not enough

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

in the x files FMV game, if you use the binoculars to look at someone's face close up, or take a picture, they say "what's wrong with you"

they had every actor record that line of dialogue in every location, rather than green-screen a stock animation, so you could do it again and again in new locations and get a new line read from the character

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

homeless snail posted:

what's wrong with you
they also did the same thing for "i don't want that", when you try to give them a random inventory object

they even had gillian anderson and david duchovny record those responses, which is a wild amount of effort for an FMV game especially one that only has mulder and scully in it for 1/6th of the game

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

al-azad posted:

How many taxpayer dollars would you say is enough to make a worthy sequel?
to keep with the sports theme of curt schilling (amalur co-creator), much more money is spent to replace not-very-old football stadiums with marginally better ones, so just take money away from one of those projects

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I wouldn't get any sub-$400 laptop that doesn't at least have an i5

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Klaus Kinski posted:

It really depends on what you'll be using it for, but almost everything sub 400-500 is trash unless it's a chromebook.
My refurb $400 lap is not really for gaming but it has an i5 and 8GB, so it can handle after effects and xbox 360 era games, even with integrated graphics

recently i played through all of dragons dogma on it at a solid 30fps and 720p.. same with EDF insect armageddon... and RE5 ran at 60

but i'll obviously never be able to run anything like Rise/Shadow of the Tomb Raider or Fallout 76 on it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.gog.com/game/saboteur

the saboteur is $3 on GOG and doesn't require origin

also, here are some current games that will run fine on modern low-end laptops: azure striker gunvolt, portal knights, dragon's dogma, pan-pan, kingsway, else.heartbreak, cryptark, dark souls 2, way of the samurai 3, hacknet, xanadu next, monolith

i haven't tried stardew valley but i'm sure that runs fine as well. any 2d indie game will have a decent shot of working just fine

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Sep 6, 2018

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the frustrating thing about shadow hearts is that a company definitely has midway's game rights and has re-licensed various properties, but they just won't with shadow hearts for some reason

the closest we were going to get was a port of the not-very-good kouldeka to steam that never happened because I think the company that was gonna do it went out of business

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

They just flat out disappeared after tweeting "thanks for the response so far, we're gonna put a lot more games out!" which makes me wonder if they even had the rights to the games they ported, they felt like a total sham company

they for sure violated the license of the emulator they used

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

chumbler posted:

Speaking of polygon, I'm glad they're valiantly defending overwatch loot boxes, with compelling arguments like "the lovely recolors and charity promotion skin blizzard sold directly were way overpriced and that is literally the only other option and they can't lower the prices." Polygon is very good.
the video site went a different route

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AokfAb_WY4

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the only thing i know about wildstar other than that super vertical tutorial image is that they wanted to sell their combat as being more action-oriented with 'zones' and dash dodging... and then Destiny came out the same year, so no one gave a gently caress about wildstar's combat

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bunQSDzn4bg

done with SNES sound chip

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the polygon show podcast is also good content

unfortunately they havent been able to do as much fun video stuff in recent months because they operate out of the same building as Vox and SB Nation and (speculation on my part) the dinguses at those sites don't like them doing mid-day video stuff because it's too loud

because most of their recent video content is either video essays, or stuff done off-site

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

horizon zero dawn is fun but man the facial acting is bad

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the best meme will always be all your base.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

put sunset overdrive on steam, cowards

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hero of the kingdom ii was very chill. i need more chill laptop games. i guess i got staxel in the humble monthly so i could try that

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i think im going to install a bunch of hidden object games

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

Good.

Artifex Mundi ones own
yeah i installed 8 artifex mundi ones

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Relax Or DIE posted:

I just learned that the 100% speedrun record for Baten Kaitos is 341 hours long
Sleep is probably factored into that from what I remember

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Emrikol posted:

This degree of vitriol over a bad match played two years ago is a totally sane and sensible thing.
It seems more like a "I had a bad experience and it was a terrible first impression" thing

if I didn't have friends who played TF2, I'd probably have had a similar experience and then not put 900 hours into the game (800 too many imo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i got the black watchmen so i'll let the thread know how it compares to ahnayro the dream world when i get around to playing it (i'm in a HOG sort of mood currently)

• Locked thread