Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

*Captain America voice* I get that reference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Im gonna buy everything on that list except DQ11

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

List is missing Metal Max Xeno :colbert:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I doubt I'll bother after this gen because we've reached the point where they can't see much more improvement without being completely remade.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This is what sadness looks like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3r6KNX_KeM

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anachronox definitely did but it's possible the answer is actually both.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

i bought septerra core on gog and it didn't work

Lucky

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

Their last ps exclusive was a half baked C- of a platform game overshadowed by GOAT nex machina that launched 3 weeks earlier on pc/ps4 and the one before that was a diablo clone nobody bought.

What was the Diablo clone I don't even remember it

E: oh Alienation I forgot that was them, I got it on ps+ and played it once I think

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dragon's Dogma is my most owned game at four copies but one was from PS+.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The interesting thing is that they were quite happy to dub the Fist of the North Star game so it's possible that Yakuza not having an English dub is an artistic choice rather than a monetary one.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Love it when games let you start them up but you can't do anything but stare at the title screen while it finishes installing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I played a lot of Amiga games with no hard drive, I don't miss disk swapping

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

the dark side of disc swapping is star ocean 4

Not if you played the PS3 version!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man, Dead Rising 4 isn't even amusingly bad it's just bleh. A cautionary tale of being focus grouped into nothingness.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

it's weird that both ni no kuni games got such massive praise to the point that it drowned out anything else when it seems like general opinions on both are pretty divided in general

They have a good first impression that carried some people through the crappy everything after the first few hours

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Music was nice though

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYRywcFiIyU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

I haven't heard of it but this came up when I googled it and I've decided it's good

I remember her from Macross

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope something about the Shenmue 2 port has made the timing on QTE's worse otherwise holy poo poo they were loving obnoxious.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsHhJ3AwjNM

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's nothing they can do to me they haven't already done

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope Shenmue 3 turns out to be good....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

i've determined that wily tower is the best classic mega man game

it's a shame that it's locked behind completing 1-3 and it's in a genesis game that most people will never play, cause it genuinely has some of the most inventive level and boss design in the series

I discovered only recently that it straight up doesn't exist in the US because Wily Wars was only released on the Sega internet thing and you didn't get the stuff that unlocks after you beat 1-3

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Decided to play through ZoE1 for the first time since 2002 before I started the new HD ZoE2, I remembered it being short but playing through a whole game in one go is something I haven't done for a while lol.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's nothing wrong with ZoE1 that having a bunch more missions and more enemy types wouldn't fix, fortunately ZoE 2 exists for that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hunt11 posted:

Despite how old it is, the combat system in ZoE is surprisingly good.

They got the control system pretty much spot on first time, which was no mean feat in 2001.

Needed an inverted aiming option, but manual aiming isn't something you really use often anyway

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not in the demo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ZoE 2 still looks pretty good with just a HD coat of paint

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lordfrikk posted:

But we haven't seen anything yet

Post apocalyptic pizza delivery

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I thought they said Bloodborne which double confused me

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Steve Yun posted:

Wait what new Bishi Bashi

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

desmeme

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

cheetah7071 posted:

I was kind of expecting the xbone to come around as people realized that it was a fine console despite the marketing shittiness like what happened with the ps3 but it never happened

I'm never getting an xbox though so whatever

It's a completely pointless console if you have literally anything else that plays games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dead Souls sucks but I have to admit they went all out for Majima's first time playable.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Relax Or DIE posted:

I just learned that the 100% speedrun record for Baten Kaitos is 341 hours long

It takes that long for one of the cards to transform (an egg to hatch iirc?)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I did despite getting caught by the save point gotcha before a hard boss with no way of going back and grinding if you were underlevelled.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Regy Rusty posted:

It's goofier than that - it takes 2 weeks for shampoo to transform into beautiful hair

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

codenameFANGIO posted:

Good morning friends. Today I am going to play Wolfenstein: New Order and probably Etrian Odyssey Untold, because games where you have to draw maps are extremely cool and I love them. With Wolfenstein I have gotten into the trap of getting all the collectibles and reaching Platinum/100% Completion, because those things satisfy me immensely and they seem easy enough to do. I am tired of the dumb cutscenes which have to play at least partially to cover up loading but I am at 74% and I have unlocked a mode with infinite ammo and absurdly overcharged health on the hardest mode so I am pumped to see what else unlocks. Solving even a cheap math puzzle to get the unlocks is actually pretty cool and feels sort of like you’re actually breaking a code. Unlocking Perks by doing cool poo poo is also really satisfying. They really went out of their way to make you feel cool for accomplishing stuff, I like it.

I have Old Blood and New Colossus queued up and then I actually have a PS2 Wolfenstein and one for 360 (apparently just called “Wolfenstein” :geno:) and maybe I will play those after I get all the sidetrophies in Arkham City. If anybody read all of that and somehow has opinions on those other Wolfenstein games, please let me know.

Thank you for reading my video game opinions blog.

Do not try and Platinum The New Colossus, it has the single worst hard mode/trophy I've ever seen

• Locked thread