Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I wonder if ZOE2 has aged well. I really loved it at release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Hunt11 posted:

I played it a couple years ago and it was still a lot of fun.

Well, that’s another thing to get then. I wish I could finish games half as fast as that person who finished all of the Shenmue and new Yakuza games over the last few weeks.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Where’s my Resogun Battle Royale

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Anyone played Revolution 1979? That’s a story more people should know. Just curious if it’s a good telling.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Raxivace posted:

I haven't played Night in the Woods because I see enough forestry outside my window as it is, but people will see whatever they want in stuff whether its a warranted take or not.

Like there are people that watched Apocalypse Now and then immediately signed up to join the army.

A close friend who was in the marines likes to refer to these people as “the ones who watched the first half of Platoon but not the second half.” They’re an unpleasant bunch.

Speaking of the subject, I’m continuing a Total Warhams campaign today and drat if it’s not a pretty tough game when compared to Civ. It skews towards war all the time though. I think this might be my final play through and then I can be ready for Spider-Man if it ends up reviewing well.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
When the creative force behind Anthem literally died, I gave up any hope of the game even resembling good. Bioware has gone the way of all previous EA acquisitions.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Samuringa posted:

I rebought Titanfall2 for the Ps4 because I played it on the bare minimum settings on PC and the online in my region was dead. For some reason there were way more people playing on the console.

Titanfall 2 had a really long-lasting player pop on PS4. I played from release and didn’t stop playing pick-up games and goon games until like 9 months later, and it still had a really good player pop.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Yeah, it’s kind of funny that EA went from running people terribly ragged to having one of the best work environments in the games industry but their terrible past still haunts them.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Heartcatch posted:

I put together a new chair and desk a month ago, but it was a bit less satisfying as neither of the packages included an allen wrench and being an idiot, I didn't have one readily available.

Still, I can't argue with the end result of additional comfort and a better desk.

Sounds like someone didn’t go to ikea. I have a million little allen wrenches sitting in a drawer because of that place that I never use because I have a toolset.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you still want multi-disc games you can always buy physical PC games

Boy do I have the best version of Windows for y’all

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Spider-Man is far more fun than a Sony-published superhero game has any right to be.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
No matter what economic paradigm is at play, people will argue one way or another over these things because some of them are important. The industry of fanning and monetizing that rage is another story, however.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Andrast posted:

If you just skip twitter you can ignore 99% of that garbage though

YouTube is so much worse.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Cowcaster posted:

ironically i've been considering finally getting a facebook these days because more and more real friends that i'm making use it for coordinating/communicating anything and everything so i'm consistently left out of the loop on stuff

I use it for talking with and sharing photos with friends and family. For that, it’s fine. I just don’t add racist uncles and chuddy friends and it works fine.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

I said come in! posted:

I use Youtube for video game music, movie trailers, and video game walkthroughs. Not much else. The site is a cesspool of nobodies attacking each other, and top 10 lists.

Like with other social media, I use it just for the channels I follow and stuff that friends recommend and avoid all else. However, it becomes quite clear if you start looking around that as a content platform, it's the most effective place for sharing videos aimed at radicalizing regressives and young people and Google currently has no intent to tamp down on it. Combined with the fact that many parents use it to babysit their children like parents used television in the 80's and 90's, I find it to be a platform in desperate need of reform.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
e: duplicate posts

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 10, 2018

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Cowcaster posted:

no, weight too. i'm basically a chihuahua-human hybrid

The chihuahua-human hybrids shall inherit the Earth. Good luck with that.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
e: duplicate posts

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Shaun's vids as usual are really good if so incredibly dry that I'm surprised 230k people watched through it.

LawfulWaffle posted:

They're making a new Samurai Shodown game. 2d with 3d models, but the trailer is so stylized that it'd hard to see what gameplay looks like. I'm eager to see what a match looks like, especially if all the gauges and stuff can be turned off.

Needs link. This is tentatively exciting to me, though SamSho4 was the last really good one.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Poops Mcgoots posted:

230k people may have seen it, but that doesn't mean 230k people finished it.

I always wonder about that. Is it like my mp3 playing app where it only counts towards listening to it if I make it most of the way through it or is it just "someone landed on the page"?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Sakurazuka posted:

Shadow Complex doesn't have leveling and stats anyway, it's pure upgrades like a Metroid game.

It does have characters and action, and is thus obviously a character action game.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Man, I wasted my golden years of twitch reflexes on Final Fantasy games and Civ, and now I play things like Souls and Platinum games and fighting games. If only I could Benjamin Button

Souls and Platinum games are slow enough that they're easily playable in your 30's or 40's in my opinion. Fighting games and first person shooters are a different deal and definitely get tougher as you get older, at least if you want to play competitively. If your'e not interested in competition though, they're not too bad. One of the fun things I've found is that I'm able to control a first person shooter with a gamepad a whole lot better than I could when I was 18. Still not as good as M+KB but a vast departure from what basically looked like that one reviewer dude playing Doom 2016 comically poorly.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Rarity posted:

I will never understand how KB+M is meant to be a good way of playing FPSs. The double stick method is so much more intuitive.

Click on heads. I went from all KB (back in the old Wolf3D/Doom days) to KB+M with Quake without any trouble at all. Then Halo and Medal of Honor came along and learning dual stick was really difficult for me. Once I got the hang of it over years, it was really fun though.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Eh, I mean I can beat Souls games (eventually) but I usually die hundreds of times. And I can also beat the story mode of Platinum games but, say, the challenge rooms and NG+ are super brutal

Ya, any game which requires quick headshots creates the biggest gap for me between gamepad and MKB. I am fine playing single-player campaigns on console but playing multiplayer is a hellscape

Those modes take a lot of mastery and patience but I'm not sure they're governed by too much of a ceiling on twitched.

When it comes to muliplayer on console, it's definitely a situation where I feel like I'm getting destroyed by teenagers who are far better at dual stick than I am, but I've gotten pretty good in certain games like Titanfall 2 and BLOPS3 anyway because that's where the majority of players are and it just takes practice to stay competent. I'm never going to be able to play on a highly competitive level but I do enjoy myself.

Cowcaster posted:

also as a mouse and keyboard fanatic my main issue with gamepads isn't even so much the speed and precision thing as much as you can't be using the right stick and the face buttons simultaneously. especially in 3rd person games where the right stick/mouse movement is usually free camera, i like to be able to rotate it constantly while also being able to still press buttons if i need to.

Shoulder plus stick click-ins gives you 6 buttons. That may not be enough for all cases but it's enough in the two games above I listed.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Steve Yun posted:

Haven’t used paddles yet. Anyone got hands on experience with them? The idea of being able to jump, turn and attack simultaneously is attractive and I feel like something that useful should be available on regular controllers

I know a few guys who swear by them and they are way better at console FPS' than I am.

Saint Freak posted:

Spider-man uppercuts a dude two stories into the air, and then jumps up and webs him and slams him into the ground like the worlds most hosed up trebuchet.

Peter...that kills people...

There are bonus conditions on quests to knock people off buildings but they also count as getting webbed for some reason. I guess the assumption is that Peter's web is incredibly super and always saves bad guys from dying and even guys off screen are getting webbed.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
She's totally fine! Gwen came back in Gwenpool/Spidergwen form.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I was radicalized by SA forums games chat thread

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

LawfulWaffle posted:

I only trust my fists, clenched around a controller

These are fists I can get behind, or in front of

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

goferchan posted:

The game is fun but lol there's constantly like "the NYPD are the REAL heroes!" poo poo going on . I can put it aside because it's a game about a guy who got superpowers from being bitten by a radioactive spider but yeah spider-man is basically a cop in the game

Tbf, most of that sentiment comes from JJJ who yells about how the cops are doing everything and Spider-Man just gets in the way, when in reality Spider-Man is doing most of the heavy lifting. Even his friend on the force never wants to believe him when he gives her tips about what the super villain is doing. The exception to cops never believing him is the nice one, who dies putting other people’s lives before his own in a moment of danger, like a good cop is supposed to do.

Also Spider-Man gets to be an environmentalist, all curing fish and birds of diseases. That fish mission wasn’t super fun though.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

The Colonel posted:

today i played through red faction. it was red faction

I started it last week, remembering how much I enjoyed it back at release. After two hours, I died falling on some ledge and then find out I was supposed to be manually saving the whole time. I shan’t be playing again.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

A. Beaverhausen posted:

It was an amazing fever dream of a game

And like the worst fever dreams, it made you wake up in your own piss.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Still trying to get that vinegar out of the well for the curry

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Dingus is universal

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I got the season pass for Xenoblade 2. It was alright, lot of decent stuff. The Destiny 2 one was the last one I got before that and both DLC sets were extremely light compared to the Destiny 1 DLC so that was a waste.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Getting employees to do volunteer work to organize and curate games is quite the feat and some intense Valve shittiness. That storefront is 99% of what the company does these days and they still can’t be bothered to pay for the work.

Not that it would be any better than actual volunteers. Not that different than what Ubisoft pulled with BG&E2.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 12, 2018

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Tactics Ogre is the only JRPG anyone needs for all time.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
The regular music is alright. I'd say overall the sound design of CT is decent but nowhere near the level of the FF or DQ series entries of the time, which were probably best in class. It didn't suffer too much from just bad sound programming like has been an issue in more recent games. Granted, the game scope at the time was much smaller so it was harder to screw that up.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Saint Freak posted:

~My Immersion~

I've never seen such a setting before.

What game is that?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Raiding tombs has never been more non-existent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
It was pretty good but the story was overly dry and too unambitious.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 12, 2018

• Locked thread