Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Nothing too exciting for my my birth year and month but it does seem that Lobo's first appearance happened so Loving and I are the same age and kind of share a birthday together.

As for comics in the classroom I went to a few seminars about that topic this very year. My own personal story is that back in 5th grade I told my English teacher the story of John Irons from the Steel Annual number 2. I think I was trying to justify comics to her and I think she was bored out of her mind.

Madkal fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Claremont was super nice to my wife when she got a comic signed for me. Also I kind of don't mind the charging for an autograph (well at least the first few should be free) if the money goes to charity, which it usually does, and it prevents jerks from requesting someone sign their hundreds of comics (like the jerk who got Mike Allred to sign all his comics for nearly an hour).

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I am trying to figure out how it would work. It would need to be ultra-violent, but I would like it if it was a buddy-cop story.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

It's a crossover story. They fight, then team up, then possibly fight again (since it's Dredd).

I will accept it if the fight is them trying to arrest (or kill) one another first.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Generally our healthcare provides a lot but there are some blind spots with stuff like medication/prescription care etc. It isn't completely free but heavily subsidized so you still might have to pay, but a lot less than what you would pay in the states. I am not to sure what the costs with chemo and such is, but a buddy of mine had his heart stop working and had to have major surgery done to....well keep him alive, and I think in the end his hospital bill was something like 43 dollars.

Also this:

Lurdiak posted:

There's nothing conservatives can't wreck if people vote for them enough times.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Am I supposed to be triggered by a grown man spending a lot of money on a children's toy so he can destroy it?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

You can't even give it the excuse that CG was generally bad back then, because no one made them use CG. Many great (and not so great) films have done similar effects practically years and even decades before Spawn came out, and they looked way better. Hellraiser 2's matte painting hell looks so much better than the CG hell in Spawn. A forced perspective Jim Henson puppet Malebolgia would've looked 200 times more convincing than that PS1 cutscene.

It didn't really help that the blew about 98% of the budget on making Spawn's cape work.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Don't get her a gift (unless you want to give her a belated Rosh Hashanah gift). You can something like "may God inscribe you in the book of Life" if you know she is observant but don't get her anything. Yom Kippur isn't really a giving feel good holiday.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The Suicide Squad line up for Nu-52 and the movie were pretty much the same line up so there is that.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

You just know that in the original artwork Randolph was wearing a fedora instead of a top hat.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Hey Jewish goons. May you be inscribed in the book of Life and have an easy fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Norm Breyfogle died.

Dude was 58. I always assumed he was much older.

• Locked thread