Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

People keep mentioning Dunning but my heart has a Louis shaped hole in it at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

This Tony guy's got a good head on his shoulders. Like an uncle who you deeply respect.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Truthkeeper posted:

So long as I'm complaining about people, does Mags actually have the ability to just demand payment by the end of the day? Last time I checked, evicting somebody, especially over unpaid rent, is a legal process that takes months. Even demanding they all vacate as quickly as she did seems super-shady and more than a little illegal.

I mean... it's also the 80s. What's bum-rear end, non-yuppie Kyle Hyde gonna do about it?

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

No tomato what the gently caress

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I feel like one of those is going to be stew.

Oh, upon looking back for hints, I found this:

So I guess ICED for the blue boxes?

By that logic, the Red boxes are gonna be BEEF

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I loving love Kyle Hyde, he's so neurotically charming!

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

1234567890num posted:

Dammit, Hyde, why do you always keep pushin' me?
Tony's more self-aware than we give him credit for.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Kyle Bourdain is my favorite aspect of Kyle to come from this game

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

...Is Dylan a goon?

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I appreciate Tony implying that Kyle has cornball musical taste.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Over/Under on Kyle using his winnings to fun Tony's music new music record? I hope things don't fall that way, but I fear Kyle might be a big enough sap...

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

There's no way Dylan doesn't own night vision goggles. I've seen Silence of the Lambs I know how this poo poo works

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I'm an update late, but Mila making you draw her a picture is the cutest poo poo. God bless the DS.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I'll always appreciate a Barfly!Kyle sighting, slamming shots and playing pool. I also like seeing this drinking buddy chemistry with Tony. I didn't expect the two to have rapport in that way, but it's a different approach to the Louis dynamic (RIP Louis) and I like the fit :3:

I'm honestly kind of surprised by how much I really like Kyle as a protagonist. I feel like they've created a really textured character throughout this games in a pretty low-key manner (monologues aside). His body language in his portraits in particular say so much about his personality and have a great deal of variation amongst them. If I had to think about it, I feel like the number of different angles he's portrayed at in these portraits and the thoroughness of the animations go a long way. He very clearly exists in a 3D space and has agency and weight in that sense.

This game has great art, and the direction they went with it does a lot for the game's narrative and atmosphere is what I guess I'm saying.

Blue Labrador fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 7, 2019

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Kyle seems like the bashful type about that kind of thing, I can see him taking care of his hygeine as discreetly as he can as often as he can.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Ah, Dylan's such a goof! The fact that he's as reliable as a Louisiana levee is most righteously a charm point and not at all malicious!

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

loving lol at Kyle casually going "I deadass shot my best friend last time I dealt with Nile". Dylan's so green he doesn't realize he's out of his weight-class

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

In a darker game Tony's dead as gently caress. You can't walk away from the protagonist into the darkness like that Tony!