Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Never played this one, so time to speculate away.

Based on the conversation with Louie in the last game, what are the odds the safecracker was Kyle's one-last-job dad? Why does Kyle look thin as a rail without the Red Crown jacket? How many cars had power windows in 1980?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
This is like half of a sitcom cast at this point.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
So Kyle knew the repairman and was just giving him poo poo anyways?

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
It all seems in-character for Tony so far, he`s a leech sure but I guess he has some weird honor and someone saying he`d go as far as theft is a narcissistic injury or whatever. Why a punch would make the story unplayable was probably just to show game overs were a thing.

The Martin Summer book jacket thing, uh... maybe it`s just a very charitable version of events written by his lawyer.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Tony is the most fairweather friend* I have ever seen

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Gettin Jeff Angel vibes from this one, no thank you.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
TWO game over themes? What a future we're living in.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Mags might have a hard time explaining to a judge why Kyle's back rent was due on a day's notice when Tony was off the hook for four months, but civil law is a crapshoot next to buyouts/renovictions where you can get away with just about anything.

Eviction law where I live heavily favours tenants. Pay one month of rent, stay for six!

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
The ruler to poke it out of wherever it's wedged?? I have no idea.

Pacing of this game is way different than the first. I've sort of been waiting for Violet Sky to play after these confrontations but so far they've all ended pretty ambiguously.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Go team! :toot:

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
So is Dylan the sidekick for this one? Better than Tony I guess. I miss Louie :(

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
It's amazing Kyle hasn't been evicted already if he's lived across from this rear end in a top hat for however many years.

Frank isn't much better. If they come to blows I imagine this is how it will go.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
How about the calculator for the French student or whoever? Spy wannabe Dylan could go for the invisible ink pen, and Betty would probably buy kitschy crap like the snowglobe. Paranoid Marie could use the super lock, and what about Sidney down in the cafe? A tiny tin of cleaner for the restaurant he's gonna lose in a week anyways.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Looking at the full item descriptions it seems a lot are the wrong solutions for the same problem, just like the wood glue wasn't as good as the superglue I imagine the Powerful Bleach will work on Betty's dress a little too well. It's a bit metagamey, but I assume we can sell the wax too because of the potential for the mineral cleaner to ruin something instead. Trick Mags into using it on her antiques :getin:

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
It's amazing how many game overs and failures you can get here if Betty can just obviously sort out everything.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Is Hugh Speck up front, smiling even at a time like that?

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
It seems like it's totally obvious that Mags is being threatened out of the hotel so someone could look for the Scarlet Star, and Marie's boys getting policies on themselves makes sense if they knew they were mixed up in something serious. Who knows how everyone else fits in though.

Are we finally going to see Mila yet?

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I really want to know if Mila can give us a Game Over.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
It's almost Christmas, the perfect time for offhand sentimental questions. How many game overs away can we be?

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Are these guys still living in three days ago, or does this mean Marie is running some kind of sell a ring and report it stolen scam?

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I think it was Nintendo Power of all places where I read Mila returns for this game, but I kind of imagined it would be more than just a walk-on.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Tony can get us out of this jam. I would also settle for Mags as long as it isn't a pretense for eviction.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I'm reminded of the bomb defusal sequence in The Last Express, where the main character is working on it and half the cast creeps up to wordlessly watch over his shoulder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPngnxn_JeY

tomanton fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 31, 2019

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that's not actually a video of a bomb defusal sequence.
My bad, forgot the timestamp. Here it is with a bit of the MC getting thrown out of someone's room for good measure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPngnxn_JeY&t=1042s

Also: wow Kyle.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
We at least know the depths of Tony's jerkiness and he is observably putting his music career back on track, also he has never ratted us out to Mags (he's avoiding her but still), framed us for theft, suspiciously mad dogged us from behind, or tried to get us to open a mail bomb.

My ranking of people in the building is Betty >> Sidney and Claire >>>>>>>>>>>>> Tony >>>>The 4th Floor Alarm>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone else, so I am casting a potentially not allowed Schrodinger's Vote to Give Tony the money as long as Betty isn't a later option, of which I have no clue at this time but 1234567890num does.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i would like to know why that video of staring at a low res train window for almost 2 hours with no input or stimuli exists
Railfans.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

1234567890num posted:

Honestly, I didn't want to give Tony the money since his arc is basically him learning to manage everything about himself better, including his drinking habit, aggression, and financial management.
Like the sales, we don't know who is or isn't eligible. Were it a "Pick whoever and the cash goes to the winningest person who can take it" vote, Betty would win by a landslide as she's been nice to us all game and we know she's out $500 helping Marie. It's on you for making this a secretary problem :v:

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Neat tune, it would be cool if this once it played over the thought recap. Guess that's where you come in :v:

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Kyle, Tony and Betty make 3/4ths of a Seinfeld quartet, but I have no idea who the George Costanza would be.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Has there ever been a time in either game where "don't tell anyone" wasn't a setup for an obvious game over immediately? Has Kyle ever had to keep a secret under his hat for a long time or keep a story straight?

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Do armchair detectives outnumber this building's law-abiding tenants?

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Charles is alright. Also why didn't Kyle just lock the door from the inside or something

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
It's Tony teeing up a punch to the face.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Was it Betty who moved out?

Also, was that Kyle's first shower all week?

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I've had enough of this dude.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Rachel, there's a Nile chump at Cape West who needs a knuckle sandwich yesterday. Get Louie immediately

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Who is even still here at this point?

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Was the other detective on the case Ed or something? Rachel said he knew more than he let on, when will they pay that off

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
RIP Marie for not having the cash in our main timeline I guess. :munch:

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Whoa, no game overs? So no loud noises or a sealed room situation where every pointless thing you investigate ticks down the doomsday clock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Is Tony going to get closer to the diamond with one crowbar than the Hyde family has in 25 years?

E: Is he going to bash Kyle with it?