Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!
May I join this LP caravan?

I really find this really badass for some reason

Mogun posted:

Something about stating your weaknesses to imply that you do whatever you want seems incredibly Viking.

Which is odd, since the Varl are closer to Viking Culture than Men in this universe. Men seem to be mostly Scandanavian, but not in the Viking manner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Why would you want to have someone that looks like this:

Protecting your walls? No wonder this place fell into shambles.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Oh, wow. I didn't expect Griss to die like that either. I mostly play it safe, backing out at the first wave if i don't have at least 3 units in full strength.
I really like how permadeath works in this game, opposed to most Fire Emblem games.

Units don't die when fallen in battle, but failing certain battles can get units killed. That's really neat.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Unpopular opinion: Ludin was in the right here:

quote:

: These are varl lands! We're facing an army of dredge! How much experience do you have in these matters?
: True, mankind has never provoked them into a war! You're going for a third! Is taunting the dredge into genocide a game for your kind?

Varl seems to be the "Axe First, Ask Later" kind of race.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Jack2142 posted:

Random backstory thoughts.

blah, blah

5. Ludin is also right. :colbert:

blah blah

That's all anyone needs to know

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

wedgekree posted:

Also in fairness aren't Vikings all about hopeless battles to the end?

We are not Vikings

Well the Varls are, but not the humans

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Hakon hates Ludin because Ludin is right about the Varl.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Evynd is a pretty poo poo wizard.

Oh wait, that's a different wizard from a different universe.

Evynd is actuall really really good. Imagine what his mentor can do.

C Wait 3 days

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Ditto

Just do it from the next update on

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Jack2142 posted:

Also Rugga, I actually really liked his character. He obviously isn't a good dude, but a lot like Ludin he is an rear end in a top hat... but he does have a point.

I disagree about Rugga having a point. But discussing Rugga at this point of the game is getting into spoilers territory, so I will keep my mouth shut for the moment.

Actually, discussing Rugga at all in this point is spoilers territory. Even more so than Egil's chances of survival to the end of this series.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

3) Oh, my. Rugga and his crew have seemed to drop off the edge. It's okay Evyind. You saved more people than any of could have.

I'm not voting anything else

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

FairGame has recognized this by changing Eyvind's portrait, but if you look closely at him, you can see white hair and wrinkles on poor old Eyvind. They weren't there before crossing the death chasm. The Waterfall took out a lot in him.

Also, you're a wizard, Alette

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Clarste posted:

I agree that learning magic is the obvious choice here, but I'm still a little disappointed to see us go that way. Mostly because it's what I did in my playthrough and I have no idea what the other option does.

You don't become a wizard? I think there's no other curveball.

I really don't know, I'm just guessing.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

They're called Markers. If you've played Dead Space and its sequels, you'd know that you avoid them at all cost

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Horseborns are weird. Their names derive from mythical figures of Irish mythology, as opposed to having Scandinavian names.

Scathach is really weird because he's named after Scáthach, A female warrior famous for being Cú Chulainn's master, kinda like his Obi Won.

Unless the horseborn has very little gender differences, or their gender difference differ from humans', I can only assume this male horseborn has a rather effeminate name, albeit a badass one.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Kill the slag

Also,

I think all wizards should announce their presence like this

"The loving Wizard is here. Kneel."

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

I think viking contracts are no different than PMC contracts US makes on a regular basis: ignore all ethical standards, pay accordingly.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

This dialogue shouldn't be used for Alette. It sounds more like it is directed towards Rook, if he were alive. I remember this line from his playthrough. Alette is far cry from being a father and a husband, like Ro'Etch is implying.

I think the game should have given a different line for this particular dialogue.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Doctor Reynolds posted:

A lot of characters are blue and yellow, come to think of it.

To me, Rugga seems to be the most Blue and Yellow.

Unless blue and yellow is meant to be literally the color blue and yellow, and not as a metaphor.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Astroclassicist posted:

What did you do Eyvind and Juno? Were they trying to bring the gods back, or replace them?

Better question is, what didn't they do that hosed things up? How much power do these wizards have?

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Welp, that's not complete betrayal. Actually, Canary had the Banner's full interest when doing her raiding.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

I don't blame Petrus for playing Bad Cop on Rugga. Everyone would Bad Cop Rugga.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Killing him seems like more of a Rook than an Alette thing to do. It's odd that Alette even has this choice.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

To me, Rugga seems like the textbook definition of a Sociopath.

Normal people, who are very emotional and have a conscious, look at people suffering and say "Aw, that's sad." or "How can I help them". At the very worst, "I feel sorry for these people, but I have mouths to feed of my own."

Rugga looks at the same situation and says "How can I profit from this?" as his first instinct. He specifically poisons the king during the dredge invasion/darkness invasion/whatever's happening BECAUSE it puts him in a very favorable state. Whether he's good at what he does is a seperate issue all together.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Again, a Rook thing to do. Alette would have shot him down, clean.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

If you let Scathach, the merchant, consult the horseborn, you get way more fighters. Like, 23 more fighters. Remember, Scathach is better at talking and convincing, better at it than a fighter like Ro'Ech. Even better if he talks in his own language.

Derdiru gets none, because she's bad at talking, even in her own tongue. Also, A

ArcadePark fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Oct 14, 2018

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Rugga will somehow find a way to profit from darkness by instigating a rebellion WITH the Darkness attacking Arberrang. Specifically because the Darkness is such threat to even Rugga himself.

That is, if he were alive now. Good Riddance.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Jack2142 posted:

To speak of Bersi his dialogue had a couple of issues, besides his role in BS1. Ivar seems confused he knows about Skogr implying Bersi sort of found him, but never turned him into the Valka. However that doesn't really make sense, Bersi was traveling with the Skogr guys for a few weeks at least in BS2, and there were likely a couple of Skogr warriors who went with Hogun to join the Ravens for a few months. Any of them could have mentioned that Ivar came from Skogr, without it being some dramatic reveal.

I got the impression that the more important thing was that Bersi kept his mouth shut despite his knowledge, and that was what caught Iver off-guard: That Bersi had respected Iver more than he wanted gold and payment. It seems more of an emotional issue for Iver.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Give the people the D. When you tempt, people will take it. Look at Rugga.

Oh wait. That's not a good example to follow.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Whatever it is, my vote will always be gently caress Rugga

Even in death, my answer will be gently caress Rugga.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

For a crazy person who needed mind control to make him not crazy Eyvind has seemed fairly in control.

Barring extreme stress like fighting the entire Valka council.

Valkas do seem to bring out the worst in people.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

bewilderment posted:

Thanks for LPing this whole dang trilogy!

Believe it or not, you're allowed to lose the final battle with Bolverk. All you lose is... the lives of everyone in the Ravens' caravan, except for Iver, Juno, Eyvind and Alfrun.

Actually, Alfrun dies with the rest of the Ravens.

Yeah, you can guess what this means.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

mauman posted:

so, what you're saying is that Bolverk kills everybody but the ones he actually WANTS to kill?

Wow, I'm impressed at that level of incompetence.

You're not wrong, but that's not exactly what I meant. The implication of Alfrun's death is somewhat...... nuanced.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

If we are allowed include former SA LPers, Proton Jon still hasn't concluded his Superman 64 LP, and that one started on June of 2010.

To be fair, he wanted to include ALL bugs of that game for his LP, so he may well still be collecting information. That, or he doesn't want to look back at that mess of a game. I wouldn't.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Yeah, even Juno is stumped.

Just...... Why?

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Bellower's still down in the depths.

That thing won't ever get salvation, is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Now that the LP is over, I think these are few events you should cover:

1. Onef's Betrayal, and Ekkil's Recruitment. These are significant story branches that is worth covering. I know for a fact that Ekkill has some good lines in both 2 and 3.

2. Rook and Oddleif's event. You know that one scene.

3. Siding with Rugga at Arrberang. As much as I don't like the sound of it,