Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

achtungnight posted:

Take a Taxi to the Docks. Tatsu is there. Watch out, her training is kind of annoying.
Remember that you can use crates to block bullets. This kills the crab breaks the crate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
I imagine it'll be funny if when the producer asked for a something "erasable", Kiryu brought an actual eraser instead. Talk about thinking too literal.

For the training mission, I think Kamoji's (Rush) training is the hardest (survive for a minute without getting knocked down) and Miss Tatsu's (Beast) is the longest. Fully commiting yourself to the training will probably takes an update or two. Not like you could do it right now since the cost is not cheap and it adds up fast.

It's pretty worth it to fully master Brawler mode with training. All the upcoming lesson teaches HEAT Actions. My favorite is the one that allows Kiryu to follow up his strong backhand smash with a HEAT Action (light-light-light-heavy-heavy).

My favorite part on the substories is when Kiryu or Majima does what they does best: namely beating up people. It's pretty cathartic to do that after being roped into a wacky shenanigans (or sometimes, dramatic).

You should save up your money and not upgrade your abilities for this chapter. It's pretty important.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

achtungnight posted:

Take a Taxi to the Docks. Tatsu is there. Watch out, her training is kind of annoying. You have to complete both new courses she offers each time and then take on each job for a new move. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Oh okay, didn't notice the option to do that.

Xander77 posted:

Remember that you can use crates to block bullets. This kills the crab breaks the crate.
I will keep your ominously specific hint in mind.

Your Everyday NEET posted:

I imagine it'll be funny if when the producer asked for a something "erasable", Kiryu brought an actual eraser instead. Talk about thinking too literal.

For the training mission, I think Kamoji's (Rush) training is the hardest (survive for a minute without getting knocked down) and Miss Tatsu's (Beast) is the longest. Fully commiting yourself to the training will probably takes an update or two. Not like you could do it right now since the cost is not cheap and it adds up fast.

It's pretty worth it to fully master Brawler mode with training. All the upcoming lesson teaches HEAT Actions. My favorite is the one that allows Kiryu to follow up his strong backhand smash with a HEAT Action (light-light-light-heavy-heavy).

My favorite part on the substories is when Kiryu or Majima does what they does best: namely beating up people. It's pretty cathartic to do that after being roped into a wacky shenanigans (or sometimes, dramatic).

You should save up your money and not upgrade your abilities for this chapter. It's pretty important.
I actually considered it, but I kind of wanted to try and do the substory seriously to get a better prize.

I think I'm just going to skip over Rush training, at least for a while. I don't really have any use for it now. As for Tatsu, I'll probably just take a quick look at it in the next update and see what's what.

I'm guessing I just have to wait until the next chapter to unlock further Brawler training?

Yeah, though thinking about it he really should've called the police on that knife-wielding psycho from the latest episode...

Will do. Not like I can really afford anything I want anyway.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

TheLoneStar posted:

Oh okay, didn't notice the option to do that.

I will keep your ominously specific hint in mind.

I actually considered it, but I kind of wanted to try and do the substory seriously to get a better prize.

I think I'm just going to skip over Rush training, at least for a while. I don't really have any use for it now. As for Tatsu, I'll probably just take a quick look at it in the next update and see what's what.

I'm guessing I just have to wait until the next chapter to unlock further Brawler training?

Yeah, though thinking about it he really should've called the police on that knife-wielding psycho from the latest episode...

Will do. Not like I can really afford anything I want anyway.

No, you can only do the training when you've unlocked abilities next to the M skills.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Part 14 - Master Daigo and Yankis

So all I really did was substories this time around, and finally gave that one kid his video game back. Kind of surprised at meeting the son of Dojima like that. Even more surprised the kid didn't even have any bodyguards. I mean I know it's dumb for people to pick on such a high-ranking Yakuza's kid, but still. Also gotta say, kind of annoyed how some missions just give no prize whatsoever when you finish them, like with Daigo's substory. I feel like each one should get Kiryu or Majima something, even if it's just some cash. I mean I guess doing enough substories nets some CP but that still feels kind of weak. Not much else to say, but I'll most likely just continue on with the main story next time.

Vauron
Aug 7, 2016

Take your stance
I will give you one fair chance
So let's make this dance a bloody masquerade
Just because they haven't given you a reward yet that doesn't mean they don't give you a reward. Its just not a reward that you can make use of yet.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Yeah, continue the main story some. Then you’ll unlock some rewards. And the CP (which are earned one by one unfortunately) can be used at the Shrine to unlock benefits- I’d try to find that Shrine soon and spend some if you can.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Few substories don't give any reward at all. But hey, the stories itself and the moral lesson are good enough reward.

I thought Daigo's sunstories only accessible well after halfway into the game. Anyway, Daigo will be an important character in the Yakuza from Yakuza 2 onward.

achtungnight posted:

Yeah, continue the main story some. Then you’ll unlock some rewards. And the CP (which are earned one by one unfortunately) can be used at the Shrine to unlock benefits- I’d try to find that Shrine soon and spend some if you can.

Yeah, you should continue the story.

Spend your CP more on Battle and Business tab. The upgrades from Adventure is kinda meh. Battle gives you more money from the enemies, and more importantly allows you to limit break your style late jnto the branch. The upgrades in the Business will be important later.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

achtungnight posted:

I know about the Shrines, I've been to them several times.

Few substories don't give any reward at all. But hey, the stories itself and the moral lesson are good enough reward.

Spend your CP more on Battle and Business tab. The upgrades from Adventure is kinda meh. Battle gives you more money from the enemies, and more importantly allows you to limit break your style late jnto the branch. The upgrades in the Business will be important later.
But I can't buy cool moves with moral lessons, now can I?

Yeah, I've been avoiding the Business tabs for both Kiryu and Majima, just gotta try and get stronger during fights and get more money for now.

Part 15 - Yamanoi

Now I really didn't see this sort of thing coming. That being said, I didn't really know where Kiryu's story was going to go at this point. I admit a part of me wanted to just directly work for Tashibana for a while, maybe make some cash, before the next twist happened. Something tells me I'll be too busy with Yamanoi to do any real estate work for Tashibana. Also I have to say, the Five Billionaires sounds like something straight out of an anime. I can only hope that, like an anime, Kiryu has to beat the poo poo out of each of them one-by-one to achieve some kind of goal. Thinking about it, when I looked at the Business tab I do remember it mentioning something with Real Estate, so I guess I should've seen a story swerve like this coming. I just assumed it was going to be some kind of side content, like how with Majima and sending agents to get materials and how that isn't really tied in with his main story.

And wish me luck for the next video, I can only hope Mr. Shakedown being asleep in the park isn't just a way to pin his location, but gives me an edge when fighting him.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
When Shakedown is sleeping, you can steal cash from him, it's the easiest mini-game in the world.

Do the Real Estate stuff, with each Billionaire you defeat, Kiryu will unlock another lock on his style's (That's what all those locks are for) when you complete the Real Estate stuff completely, you'll unlock something you're going to want.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Out of the members of Tachibana Real Estate, Tachibana is the only one who looks and dresses appropriately befitting of his job as a businessman. Both Kiryu and Oda looks like a thug and wears tacky shirt.

The Real Estate is the reason why I advised you to save up your money.

Yes, the Five Billionaires is an anime villain. And yes, you will end up fighting them one by one. They all just happens to be really good with their fists.

You need an accessory called Encounter Finder to find Mr. Shakedown easily since that accessory will display them on the map (along with random encounters on the minimap).

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

to be fair to Kiryu and Oda it was the 80s and dressing gaudy was the fashion of the time

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Onmi posted:

When Shakedown is sleeping, you can steal cash from him, it's the easiest mini-game in the world.

Do the Real Estate stuff, with each Billionaire you defeat, Kiryu will unlock another lock on his style's (That's what all those locks are for) when you complete the Real Estate stuff completely, you'll unlock something you're going to want.
I tried it out in this update, is there a chance he'll wake up or can I just keep stealing from him until he's tapped out?

Okay cool, can always more cool moves.

Out of the members of Tachibana Real Estate, Tachibana is the only one who looks and dresses appropriately befitting of his job as a businessman. Both Kiryu and Oda looks like a thug and wears tacky shirt.

Yes, the Five Billionaires is an anime villain. And yes, you will end up fighting them one by one. They all just happens to be really good with their fists.

You need an accessory called Encounter Finder to find Mr. Shakedown easily since that accessory will display them on the map (along with random encounters on the minimap).
I noticed, Oda especially just looks terrible.

Okay good. Sincerely the more anime-like these Five Billionares are the more entertained I'll end up being.

It's still a bit weird because with Majima I couldn't go five minutes without running into one, but since starting with Kiryu again, the only one I've seen has been the one taking a nap.

Part 16 - Real Estate Royale

Okay so now I'm really getting into this real estate thing. As much as I generally dislike resource managing and the like, this specific instance seems reasonable enough so far. And I guess I should have expected this would be the main way for Kiryu to make some mad cash as things go on. At least without having to face a Mr. Shakedown, that is. It's also pretty cool that people I've helped in the past are stepping up to offer their assistance. As for the story, it felt like poo poo just escalated at break-neck speed. One minute I'm doing my first real job as one of Tachibana's employees, the next I'm being threatened to having the entire Dojima Family on my rear end. I'm also glad another one of those Lieutenants is finally doing something, they've kind of taken a backseat to things after I kicked Kuze's rear end.

Two questions about the real estate thing though: Was I correct in thinking the two shops I have under my belt share the same manager and security? Also, what's the difference between the triangles, circles, and circles within circles? I assume an X means that person is unskilled in that area, but what about the other shapes? Maybe I glanced over them too fast, but I don't recall seeing them in the tutorial.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Real estate- I don’t think the symbols are explained anywhere- I had to look online. But basically x means no skill, then it goes up to triangle, circle, double circle. IIRC, double circle is best. And yeah, you’re limited to one manager and security per territory. As you gather territories you’ll be able to assign more. Up to five areas. And you’ll need to change out people over time as their stamina decreases. Some people help you after substories, some take a bit of work. Tip- look for a bar called Earth Angel early on. The barkeep there helps without much effort and is useful for many areas. Complete substories and you’ll get more people.

Mr Shakedown- do you think you can keep robbing him forever? If you do, you’re wrong. I also think they may not come back till you progress a little further in the story though I might be mistaken.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

X - Triangle - Circle - Double circle (worst to best). Higher level advisers allow you to invest more and get better results than lower level advisers with the same stats.

You have a manager and security guy for each area. The manager increases the payout each store gives you, the security guy provides area security (obv). You don't need to waste time and money collecting / appointing a manager and security guy for areas where you don't have any / a lot of stores yet.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017

TheLoneStar posted:

It's still a bit weird because with Majima I couldn't go five minutes without running into one, but since starting with Kiryu again, the only one I've seen has been the one taking a nap.

Well, Sotenbori is half the size of Kamurocho.

The business minigame may sounds really complicated, but it's pretty simple once you get the hang of it. Upgrade the building, assign managers and security, starts collection, wait 10 minutes, get back to office, collect, repeat.

You should use like half your current to purchase more property. More property means more money per 10 minutes. (This means you need to scour the neighborhood, hugging each and every building to find the property that's worth investing into. At least in Kiwami 2, the building is finally marked on the map.) This should bring your shares to like around 30-50%. Also, try to score at least 80 on Judgement Shinpan.

Best Manager: Establish friendship with the bowling clerk.

Reina is a pretty important character in Yakuza 1/Kiwami

The video doesn't pop up if you're doing really bad at karaoke? Well, no wonder. If you said that Judgement Shinpan video is charmingly stupid, just wait until you've seen 24 Hour Cinderella video. It's just waaay too glorious.

Fun fact: This is the only time in the story Nishiki sang Judgement Shinpan. While you can do Interjection with it, the singer will be the karaoke bartender instead. And Kiryu still chants Nishiki's name.

Kiryu: "N-I-S-I-K-I Nishki. Nishiki Nishiki Nishiki Let's Go!"
Bartender: "Uuum, sir... My name is not Nishiki."

You're gonna face off against Awano. If Kuze's clan specialized in being Dojima's muscle, Awano's association specialized in "Public Relationship". If Dojima wants to "persuade" someone, he sends in Awano.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

in your next video goofing off you should do Baka Mitai in karaoke

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

achtungnight posted:

Real estate- I don’t think the symbols are explained anywhere- I had to look online. But basically x means no skill, then it goes up to triangle, circle, double circle. IIRC, double circle is best. And yeah, you’re limited to one manager and security per territory. As you gather territories you’ll be able to assign more. Up to five areas. And you’ll need to change out people over time as their stamina decreases. Some people help you after substories, some take a bit of work. Tip- look for a bar called Earth Angel early on. The barkeep there helps without much effort and is useful for many areas. Complete substories and you’ll get more people.

Xander77 posted:

X - Triangle - Circle - Double circle (worst to best). Higher level advisers allow you to invest more and get better results than lower level advisers with the same stats.
Thanks for the hints, really wish the game just told you what those symbols meant clearly.

Carlosologist posted:

in your next video goofing off you should do Baka Mitai in karaoke
Unless I need it for a substory, which I'm going to guess I will at some point, I don't see myself doing karaoke much in the future. I remember being told about a substory where I have to do disco stuff and I'm really not sure if I'll bother with it.

You should use like half your current to purchase more property. More property means more money per 10 minutes. (This means you need to scour the neighborhood, hugging each and every building to find the property that's worth investing into. At least in Kiwami 2, the building is finally marked on the map.) This should bring your shares to like around 30-50%. Also, try to score at least 80 on Judgement Shinpan.

Best Manager: Establish friendship with the bowling clerk.

Reina is a pretty important character in Yakuza 1/Kiwami

You're gonna face off against Awano. If Kuze's clan specialized in being Dojima's muscle, Awano's association specialized in "Public Relationship". If Dojima wants to "persuade" someone, he sends in Awano.
Yeah, going about getting all the properties is kind of annoying, there doesn't seem to be much difference with the appearance of buildings you can or can't purchase. I did try to get a bunch though. And do I get something for getting a score of 80?

Started working on that in this update, thanks.

I thought so, all those camera angles and the music made it seem like the game was going "Hey, remember her? It's this character from one of the sequels!"

I'm going to assume I'll fight all three Lieutenants, and possibly even Dojima himself at one point.

Part 17 - Hey Cousin, Let's Go Bowling

Mainly taking a breather here in this episode, and I finally found a minigame I'm actually good at. Of course, bowling is very clearly an easy minigame, just line up the arrows and maybe spin things a tad. Still, getting those strikes are just so drat satisfying. That dominatrix substory was...something. I was legit getting a tad worried when those kids showed up though. Didn't know where the gently caress the game was going with that at first. Wasn't expecting to run into the Leisure King again in person before our fated fisticuffs. Not that he really did much but send goons after me, but still. I'm going to guess he'll come back with bigger thugs as I gain more property, and eventually he'll just get so pissed he comes after me personally. How am I doing with the Real Estate Royale so far? I know I probably missed a ton of properties because I didn't comb the area hard enough, but I mean more towards the managing parts. Also finally got into the kart stuff, and did really poorly. I'm assuming I just need to swap some parts to get that second course down easily, but I didn't want to spend too much time doing that because of how long the video was getting.

Which brings up a question, should I keep the videos about the same lengths (ranging from about forty-five minutes to about an hour-fifteen) or should I make them longer? I know there's still so much stuff for me to do, and I don't want to make this playthrough like, eighty episodes long or anything.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Video length is fine for me. On playthrough length well it depends on how much you want to do. The most comprehensive lp of this game I’ve seen is around a hundred episodes around the same length as yours but that guy was clearly going for close to 100%. You want to finish quick, concentrate on the main story and not side stuff like Pocket Circuit or Real Estate Royale... although that stuff is very much worth it. Your lp, your call.

More real estate tips-
You get some completion from purchasing property and some from improving it with advisors. Money battle can also get you a few points. At 30%, 60%, and 90% you get events. The 60% is probably the most annoying event. On finding property, just explore the area and look for stores you can interact with. There is also one property in each area that requires a friendship substory be completed to purchase it. Be alert for those.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017

TheLoneStar posted:

Yeah, going about getting all the properties is kind of annoying, there doesn't seem to be much difference with the appearance of buildings you can or can't purchase. I did try to get a bunch though. And do I get something for getting a score of 80?

Like I said, hug every building and hope you find the building. The completion rate for karaoke is getting 90 in every song as both Kiryu and Majima. But that's not the reason I advice to score 80. The reason is this:

achtungnight posted:

The 60% is probably the most annoying event.

Goddamn! Getting 3 strikes in a row. I believe you could complete the friendship sub story in Bowling. Man, I do that manager though.

TheLoneStar posted:

How am I doing with the Real Estate Royale so far? I know I probably missed a ton of properties because I didn't comb the area hard enough, but I mean more towards the managing parts.

Learned about the meaning of the symbols from us, goons. Upgrade building with advisor with X affinity toward that type of building (granted, that's just like 3 buildings?). *Facepalm*

The Pocket Circuit racing os basically more of a strategy game laden with trial-and-error more than anything. You need to customize your cart based on the course, use the boost at precisely the right moment (I usually use it at the final lap since), and learns from your defeat. Remember that every defeat is one step closer toward ultimate victory

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

achtungnight posted:

Video length is fine for me. On playthrough length well it depends on how much you want to do. The most comprehensive lp of this game I’ve seen is around a hundred episodes around the same length as yours but that guy was clearly going for close to 100%. You want to finish quick, concentrate on the main story and not side stuff like Pocket Circuit or Real Estate Royale... although that stuff is very much worth it. Your lp, your call.

More real estate tips-
You get some completion from purchasing property and some from improving it with advisors. Money battle can also get you a few points. At 30%, 60%, and 90% you get events. The 60% is probably the most annoying event. On finding property, just explore the area and look for stores you can interact with. There is also one property in each area that requires a friendship substory be completed to purchase it. Be alert for those.
I never said I want to rush through. All I said in the OP is I don't plan to 100% the game. I'll probably end up doing a majority of the substories as both Kiryu and Majima, probably the only ones I'll outright skip are the ones involved with disco. I actually find the Real Estate Royale thing kind of fun, and I can never turn down making obscenely high amounts of cash.

I'll try to comb over the leisure area again next video probably, I'm sure I passed right by one I can buy several times or something.

Like I said, hug every building and hope you find the building. The completion rate for karaoke is getting 90 in every song as both Kiryu and Majima. But that's not the reason I advice to score 80. The reason is this:

Learned about the meaning of the symbols from us, goons. Upgrade building with advisor with X affinity toward that type of building (granted, that's just like 3 buildings?). *Facepalm*

The Pocket Circuit racing os basically more of a strategy game laden with trial-and-error more than anything. You need to customize your cart based on the course, use the boost at precisely the right moment (I usually use it at the final lap since), and learns from your defeat. Remember that every defeat is one step closer toward ultimate victory
Oh God, karaoke battle? That's gonna be a pain in the rear end, but at least I can try to savescum to help out when I inevitably lose the first time.

In my defense, the game didn't really say what the symbols meant, and I didn't realize I did that with the X affinity, guess I was too busy talking to notice, my bad.

That's inspirational as hell, man. I don't know if I'll do it right next video, but I'll be going back to Pocket Racing at some point to try again.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
If the karaoke battle or future mini game battles frustrate you too much (I couldn’t win a single one of them personally), just remember winning is not required. You’ll just need to spend more money on improving your stores (which you probably want to do anyway- S rank stores make the most cash) to make up the loss. Once an area king is conquered you can make profit in there for free, don’t even need to worry about Manager or Security anymore (unless you want to spend cash for increased profits or the occasional ally in random encounters).

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Part 18 - More Bowling and Dirty Magazines

Didn't make quite as much progress as I was hoping to in this video. I was expecting to run across more substories, but none popped up. At the very least I got to finish that string of postcard substories, and started to really improve my real estate stuff, so that's a plus. I'll probably just end up focusing on main story stuff only until I finish things up with this chapter and switch over to Majima. Although I can't imagine Majima actually killed Makimura, I still really want to see what's going on with him and what Makimura's deal is. I still think she's maybe some kind of heiress or something, or like related to someone really important. Probably why Lee is there pretending to be here, acting as a hired bodyguard.

SilverFire
Dec 31, 2012
Would you like a list of the locations of all the properties you can buy? I used a guide when I was playing this because as mentioned it's not intuitive as to which properties can be bought. Some of them are linked to friendships points. There are more expensive managers and naturally the properties get more expensive depending on the district.Also you will need more money to invest in a shop to level it up in other districts.

As for pocket circuit, there is a guide for that as well. Generally, you want to buy the new stuff that the store has when it updates and the stuff in the other stores.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

SilverFire posted:

Would you like a list of the locations of all the properties you can buy? I used a guide when I was playing this because as mentioned it's not intuitive as to which properties can be bought. Some of them are linked to friendships points. There are more expensive managers and naturally the properties get more expensive depending on the district.Also you will need more money to invest in a shop to level it up in other districts.

As for pocket circuit, there is a guide for that as well. Generally, you want to buy the new stuff that the store has when it updates and the stuff in the other stores.
If I decide I need to look up what I can buy, or rather where they are since I can't read Japanese anyway, I'll probably do it myself, same with the pocket circuit.

Part 19 - The Yakuza Way

Wow, things really, genuinely escalated so fast here it was just ridiculous. I spent so much time just dicking around that I forgot how serious this game can get at times. Kiryu mowing down a ton of Yakuza as he tries to find a clear path was great, though perhaps could've had more variety. Way too many Yakuza fighting with their bare hands. That fight with Kuze was just absolutely beautiful. From that cutscene before the fight to seeing that bastard facedown in sewage felt so drat good. Kind of wished I got to fight Awano as well, but there's no way that isn't going to happen later on, so I'll just be patient. But the cream of the crop and highlight of this whole chapter was Nishikiyama and Kiryu's scene near the end. Major props to Nishikiyama's voice actor, I really felt the emotion there. Made me go from neutral about Nishikiyama to absolutely loving him. I was actually bummed to switch back to Majima for two chapters, as much as I like him, because I just want to see what happens to Kiryu. Though I suppose that's really more a positive than anything.

Oh yeah, and I finally got a good score in karaoke. I'm improving.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
In the shady dealer sub story, I heard that in PS4 version you have to actually type the password everytime you want to access it.

The Mr. Moneybags gives you the means to transfer money between 2 protagonists. But you're only allowed to give in a set amount of money and they'll take a small percentage of it. That is until you max out their friendship.

Ah, yes. The JCC. I found that hated it. It's basically a glorified rock-paper-scissor with a bad case of RNG. Having to fight a CPU that can read your moves is not fun. Though on the plus side, the girls have some of Kiryu's HEAT Action, including Beast. It's weird seeing the girl lift her opponent and slam dunking her head (HEAT Action from grab on Beast style).

TheLoneStar posted:

Kiryu mowing down a ton of Yakuza as he tries to find a clear path was great, though perhaps could've had more variety. Way too many Yakuza fighting with their bare hands.

I wondered that same thing in Batman Arkham Series as well. One groups of goons only uses their fists or sharp and blunts objects, the other groups all wields firearms.

How to run in combat mode: switch style. Beast style move so slowly.

I consider the Dynamic Intro for Kuze's 2nd fight where Kiryu parried a strike from an Iron Pipe the 2nd best intro.

I found Kuze with Pipe is easier. I can just bait him to do his launcher swing easily and counter attacked him. I'm more afraid of his boxing.

I think the point of Awano suddenly shot a defenseless woman is to intimidate Kiryu. And because he can do that because he's a dick.

Get use to the character switch in the middle of massive cliffhangers. After this, the only time the character switch doesn't end in a cliffhanger is at Kiryu's last chapter (Because it's his last).

You're starting to get good at Karaoke right? So, does that mean you'll be willing to sing 24-Hour Cinderella?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I played on PS4 and only had to type the password once. That was a relief.

It really upset me how much game I had to play through before I could kick Awano’s rear end.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

The Mr. Moneybags gives you the means to transfer money between 2 protagonists. But you're only allowed to give in a set amount of money and they'll take a small percentage of it. That is until you max out their friendship.

Ah, yes. The JCC. I found that hated it. It's basically a glorified rock-paper-scissor with a bad case of RNG. Having to fight a CPU that can read your moves is not fun. Though on the plus side, the girls have some of Kiryu's HEAT Action, including Beast. It's weird seeing the girl lift her opponent and slam dunking her head (HEAT Action from grab on Beast style).

I wondered that same thing in Batman Arkham Series as well. One groups of goons only uses their fists or sharp and blunts objects, the other groups all wields firearms.

I consider the Dynamic Intro for Kuze's 2nd fight where Kiryu parried a strike from an Iron Pipe the 2nd best intro.

I found Kuze with Pipe is easier. I can just bait him to do his launcher swing easily and counter attacked him. I'm more afraid of his boxing.

Get use to the character switch in the middle of massive cliffhangers. After this, the only time the character switch doesn't end in a cliffhanger is at Kiryu's last chapter (Because it's his last).

You're starting to get good at Karaoke right? So, does that mean you'll be willing to sing 24-Hour Cinderella?
Man I can't be giving money to those fools, forget that noise. I'm hoping Majima will start to have a way to make money like Kiryu soon.

Oh God, RNG. I despise RNG so much. I'll probably still show that game off, but after that I'll ditch it.

Yeah, I've noticed there's really not much of a variety of enemies to fight outside of bosses or mini-bosses. Sure they have different names like delinquents, goons, men in black (who even are these people?), but they pretty much fight the same. The only real unique enemy are those big guys like the one I fought on the way to Kuze and in the latest video along with Mr. Shakedowns.

Kiryu should've just dodged, the idiot. Still, it was really cool and unexpected. And I also found Pipe Kuze a lot easier, I guess because I'm more used to fighting, and was using Beast Style.

Yeah, I figured. This was just a much bigger one than where we left off with Majima. Like I had zero doubt in my mind Majima was going to spare Makimura so I didn't see that as a real cliffhanger.

Oh, very well. I'll do the 24-Hour Cinderella song at my earliest convenience.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Sadly, Majima’s equivalent of Real Estate is fun but nowhere near as lucrative when maxed out. But once you give money to each Moneybags 4 times I think it’s free to transfer funds from then on. And you’ll have finished another 2 substories.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Okay, technical bug talk here. So since switching over to Majima, I literally can't go five minutes without the game just crashing on me. I've run into this exact problem before, coincidentally also with Majima when I tried to play his second chapter. I've tried everything I can think of, uninstalling and reinstalling the game (which resolved the issue last time), restarting my computer, and even going back and completing Chapter 6 again and saving to a new save slot (which I did about three times, one of them after the restarting and reinstillation) but none of it is working. Anyone here know a solution, or if Sega is planning on another patch soon? Because honestly at this point I'm about ready to pull the plug on this LP, I really don't want to have to go through this poo poo every two or three chapters. Especially now that nothing seems to be helping, including the thing that worked last time this happened.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Part 20 - Makoto's Past

I've finally returned after over a month. I dunno why or how, but the game worked for me today so I got to record a video. Hopefully this luck will last. Back to the actually story, I finally got a peek into why Makoto is being hounded by Yakuza, and about her awful past. It was about the last thing I expected, her being sold into sexual slavery. I had the theory that she was the heiress of some rich family or something. Why that would get a hit on her head, I don't know. Though that being said I still don't know why she has a mark on her considering she doesn't seem to be anyone too important. My current guess is that her death would just keep her from blabbing about all the stuff that's happened to her and would get the organization the guy with the bat tattoo in serious trouble. It's pretty drat good to be back.

And yes, I'm aware of the black bars in the video. I guess the resolution changed or something when I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game those several times. I didn't even consider that as I recorded, and by the time I realized they were there, it was too late to really fix them. As far as I know there's no way to get rid of them when they're THAT pronounced without making the video look really stretched or by zooming in until they're gone, making things too zoomed in and hiding a lot of on-screen stuff in the process. I'll make sure to have it fixed by the next video.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Welcome back and good luck.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
You know the update itself gonna be great when the thumbnail is 24-Hour Cinderella.

It takes 15 minutes for the takoyaki to go cold. Which is more than enough time to give it to Makoto.

Well, let's hope your Yakuza 0 won't crash on you again.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Part 21 - Cabaret Club Czar

Sorry for the delay, but hectic Thanksgiving times means no recording for me.

I was hoping that Majima's inevitable tycoon-type side mission would be similar to Kiryu's, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. I think I still need to play around with a bit and get used to things because that first opening night of mine was abysmal, though as Majima himself said, it's pretty difficult to do things with only three girls. That being said, I'm just really not good with fast-paced, hectic situations like that where there's several things I have to keep my eye on and think about at once. Especially if I'm also trying to do a commentary. Also good to know more about Lee's past and how he's connected to Makoto. That story of his just made me like the big guy even more, even with his plan on killing some other girl to act as a body double in Makoto's place.

And extra apologies about the keyboard/mouse situation, mainly due to the laptop's fan. At this point it seems to either be that or the playthrough ends, and I'd rather not do that.

TheLoneStar fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Nov 27, 2018

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

TheLoneStar posted:

That being said, I'm just really not good with fast-paced, hectic situations like that where there's several things I have to keep my eye on and think about at once.
The game does stop while you choose a customer and attempt to pair them with a girl. You have time both to see which one he would like best (you don't even need to keep track of their specific preferences, as there's a handy smilie face shorthand) and strategize along the lines of "this guy is poor, but I occasionally have wealthy customers in this location - maybe I should deploy my second best here, and save the best for someone with more :10bux: to throw around".

Also - Cabaret Czar is a WAY bigger time investment than the real estate minigame. You definitely should do most of it offscreen, with the exception of actual plot devlopment / highlights.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Xander77 posted:

The game does stop while you choose a customer and attempt to pair them with a girl. You have time both to see which one he would like best (you don't even need to keep track of their specific preferences, as there's a handy smilie face shorthand) and strategize along the lines of "this guy is poor, but I occasionally have wealthy customers in this location - maybe I should deploy my second best here, and save the best for someone with more :10bux: to throw around".

Also - Cabaret Czar is a WAY bigger time investment than the real estate minigame. You definitely should do most of it offscreen, with the exception of actual plot devlopment / highlights.
I was freaking out so much I didn't even notice the game pausing, thanks. And I at least had the idea of saving my best girls for the richer guys.

Jeez, that's rough. How often does the plot with it progress? Does it get a percentage meter like with Kiryu's bit?

Part 22 - Nishitani

And so I am introduced properly to a brand new character. He's...well, he's energetic so I gotta give him that. I have the distinct feeling I'm going to see a whole lot more of Nishitani before the game's over, maybe even before this chapter is over. I admit at this point I'm starting to get bothered by the game dancing around what Makoto's exact deal is with people after her. I know you gotta have a mystery, but I feel like I've been in the dark long enough. And as I said in the video, I have no doubt in my mind that Sagawa saw right through Majima's bullshit and it's gonna bite him in the rear end by the time the chapter's over. I think I may just focus entirely on the story until I find out in full detail why these people want Makoto dead so badly. If it was as simple as keeping her from blabbing about the sex slavery she was in, I feel like it would've been mentioned by now.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

TheLoneStar posted:

I admit at this point I'm starting to get bothered by the game dancing around what Makoto's exact deal is with people after her.
I was extremely annoyed that the game pretended there was a mystery, considering the answer was so astoundingly obvious.

TheLoneStar posted:

Jeez, that's rough. How often does the plot with it progress? Does it get a percentage meter like with Kiryu's bit?
Pretty much. Approximately 30%, 60% and 90%, IIRC. It helps that CC is a fun and engaging game in it's own right, unlike Real Estate, so devoting more time to each session is a much bigger detriment to an LP than it is to an average player.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Nov 29, 2018

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
The up arrow for the guard button stands for Shift button. Yeah, not like most of us identify the up button for Shift. I only knew about that from watching Ride to Hell Retribution which uses that button to slide.

Nishitani is a great fella. He's my favorite character in Majima's story. His fighting style is pretty wild. He can feint in the middle of combo, and he can grab in the middle of his combo in HEAT mode which breaks through your guard.

Xander77 posted:

I was extremely annoyed that the game pretended there was a mystery, considering the answer was so astoundingly obvious.
Yeah, it is pretty easy to guess. Here's a hint: What's the Yakuza is after?

I agree that Cabaret Club should be played mostly offscreen. While I enjoyed playing it, it is pretty repetitive and boring to watch.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Xander77 posted:

Pretty much. Approximately 30%, 60% and 90%, IIRC. It helps that CC is a fun and engaging game in it's own right, unlike Real Estate, so devoting more time to each session is a much bigger detriment to an LP than it is to an average player.
Alright, thanks for the information. I'll make sure to do a majority of it offscreen.

Part 23 - Ensnared

Lot of stuff going down in this episode. For one thing, R.I.P. Lee, you were a pretty swell and swole guy. I knew as soon as he ran ahead to his van that he was gonna get blown the gently caress up. At least it was a quick death. And am I right in saying we've never seen the guy that shot Sagawa before? I didn't just forget about someone, right? Also really surprised that I fought Kuze again so quickly, I was expecting it to happen eventually, but not right after getting back to Kiryu again. I'm almost feeling bad for the guy, given all the abuse he's gone through in the game so far. I was further confused as to why the ninth chapter was so short. It only lasted like, fifteen minutes. Of course the biggest shocker is that Tachibana is the bat tattoo man. I never even stopped to think that the bat tattoo guy was someone we already met. I just kind of assumed he'd be a brand new character, and I would certainly expect him to be in Majima's story, not Kiryu's. Tachibana has dome some pretty shady poo poo, but I'm shocked to learn he'd stoop so low as to get involved with sexual slavery. I'm thinking that Kiryu and Majima's stories, or at least some characters involved, have to cross over. No way Kiryu would take down Tachibana instead of Majima, at least that's what I think would be best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Kirryu & Majima’s stories are going to start intersecting in big ways soon. There’s a lot going on you don’t know yet and everything isn’t as obvious as you may think.

And no, we haven’t seen the guy in the white suit who shot Sagawa before- in this game. Players of yakuza 1 may recognize him as an important character from that game.