Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

Hello All,

My startup is in its early growth phase, and the advice I've seen on ycombinator is that I want to focus on increasing the velocity of my developers. I am looking for advice about how to do this.

One bit of advice I've read is to make sure I have metrics about the velocity of my programmers, so that we can track improvements and that kind of thing. That sounds reasonable to me, so I've purchased one of these https://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-101911-Velocity-Speed-Gun/dp/B0002X7V1Q and I've been measuring velocity daily.
I was greatly concerned to discover that my developer velocity is consistently around 0. We have an open office, and I do see developers moving around throughout the day, so I know our average velocity isn't really 0. Am I measuring wrong? Do I need to increase my sampling rate? What am I doing wrong?

how about we increase your velocity by shooting you out of a cannon ya loving idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread