Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

And the final countdown..we are less than 12 hours away from Destiny. So here's a picture of this guy:

His name is The Fanatic. His birth name is probably Ted or something.

The Fanatic is a sCORN, a new enemy brethren in the game. They're cool.

Pictured Above: Ted, a corn enemy, awaiting Fall Harvest.

And here's a picture of his superpower:

Pictured Above: What he will become if he fails to defeat the guardians: just another corncob holder.

Everybody log in on Tuesday. Today. Cosmic today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem
Sep 17, 2009
cosmic tuesday

Orv
May 4, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Ughhhh

I spent like twenty minutes on the first one, the very end where you fight a yellow bar boss who summons wave after wave of help made me absolutely nuts

You're playing More Trash Waves: The Game, so I dunno what to tell you.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Anything I should be doing at the last minute? Will I still be able to obtain the planetary items/armor in Forsaken with my current tokens (like, say Mars tokens)?

I know this is a stupid question but I swear I did look around for an answer, and it is mildly time sensitive.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Orv posted:

I would tell them to shoot the bad guys in the head.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I would tell them to shoot the bad guys in the head.

Radical but it might just work.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i just saw a fairly large list of armor perks, so it's at least looking like there's going to be stuff to chase. part of the fun in d1 to me was using cool armor combos to make gimmick weapons work, so i'm excited to be able to do that again.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I'm ready to shoot bad guys and love infrastructure again!

Forsaken launches at an ungodly hour Wednesday morning here so I'll wake up early and play for a bit before heading off to work

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
That's a long op, op!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I've got plans Tuesday through Thursday so Forsaken basically launches on Friday for me, other than whatever I can sneak in

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Since we're all massive nerds and can't wait, I made a countdown timer that I've spammed all over all discords. Enjoy putting it on your second screen, IT dashboards, TV in the living room, your sisters phone, I don't care really.

https://dumboverflow.com/ :)

Oh yes, it is shoddy, much like the first release of Destiny. We're used to it.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I was me in 2027 that I invented Time Travel Tourism.

People, from all around the world, travel to places where the biggger disasters would happen: The earthquake of Lisbon, The burning of the Library of Alexandry, The Tunguska Accident, Chernobil and The Release of Destiny 2 Colon Forsaken.

So take a chair, relax, and lets have fun togueter :D

Tei fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Sep 4, 2018

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Here for the endgame activities and wanting to have beers with the Spider and Drifter

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't want no sugar cane I wanna grow WEED

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Orv posted:

Something about that specific one was absolutely nonsense, it was just a fuckload of hive pissing down my throat

Orv
May 4, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Something about that specific one was absolutely nonsense, it was just a fuckload of hive pissing down my throat

:frogon:

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Xarbala posted:

I like Zavala, he's alright

Agreed, best Stoic Bro. There's a mission on Titan where he gets very aroused about the possibility to steal poo poo back that the Fallen have stolen, and it's great.

Also gently caress all you thirsty assholes, I wanted to ground floor post but as always, you loving blitzkrieged it while I slept.

And goddamnit SGA, I told you to put lore links in the OP!

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Sep 4, 2018

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sorry I could not do that. I can add sausage links to the OP though???

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Sorry I could not do that. I can add sausage links to the OP though???

:buddy:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Looking forward to playing this when I get home, but it is going to take so goddamn long to log in...

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Bungo lied Cayde died

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 374 days!
make amanda holliday the new hunter vanguard she’d only have to move like 13 feet

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Aw did Cayde die sometime between Red War and Forsaken?

(good)

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Games gonna suck if I can't put a bow in every slot.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
If Uldren Sov really kills Cayde during this expansion I hope the main quest is about slaughtering tons of aliens to locate and reach the man and then shake his hand.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Pirate Jet posted:

If Uldren Sov really kills Cayde during this expansion I hope the main quest is about slaughtering tons of aliens to locate and reach the man and then shake his hand.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I think as usual we are all going to be disappointed by the story content, but I'm cautiously optimistic about the end game stuff. It all sounds pretty cool.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Gonna turn in motes to the Drifter, he promises to give me a smooch.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Im gonna shotgun this expansion like a can of pilsner and its gonna get all over my face

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Pirate Jet posted:

This but Zavala.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I don't know why people have so many different ways to refer to Xol btw, it is clearly a Graboid.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Unsinkabear posted:

I’m glad he didn’t. His lengthy tome would have then became the online version of War and Peace.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i just finished osiris, do we ever get to see more of his ghost cause shes way better than ours

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Only about 3 hours left! Cool your energy drinks, prep the boxes of cheetos next to your desk, locate your socks, order in the pizza now! In short, get ready!! I'm pumped to play this game's release with my internet comedy forums friends.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Adregan posted:

I’m glad he didn’t. His lengthy tome would have then became the online version of War and Peace.

Probably still shorter than the ol' Steam thread op though.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Unsinkabear posted:

i'll give you some loving lore

If you're new to Destiny or just haven't given a poo poo previously, you may be surprised to know that despite the naff in-game stories, the lore of Destiny is pretty expansive and deep. Unfortunately, its all scattered across Grimoire cards and Lore entries and tough to piece together. Here's help with that!

Myelin Games is the foremost Destiny lore YouTuber. His videos cover an expansive range of topics and he's clear and interesting with his speculation and explanations. Notably, he's good enough that Bungie actually hired him to put together a physical copy of the Grimoire. He just posted a timeline of the Destiny universe aimed at new players.

For completion's sake, I'll also link My_name_is_Byf. He's the other major Destiny lore YouTuber. At least among goons, he's not as well-liked as Myelin for his tendency to have meandering videos and poor speculation.

Destinypedia is the most complete wiki for Destiny. It includes lots of links and articles about lore as well as about actual game mechanics and items. Be warned that as of the API dump, people have started posting untagged spoilers for Forsaken, so be careful if you fall down a wiki hole.

Ishtar Collective is the entire Destiny 1 Grimoire as well as the Lore cards from Destiny 2, all searchable by topic and heavily cross-linked in a really slick interface. Its explanations aren't as thorough as Destinypedia's, but if you want to see the actual raw lore, this is the place to find it.

Also, goon General_Battuta aka Seth Dickinson is one of the writers for Bungie and worked on The Taken King and now Forsaken. He might be willing to answer questions, but don't be weird or creepy please.

Finally, if you only read one piece of Destiny lore, make it the Books of Sorrow. The Books were added in The Taken King and detail the rise of Oryx and the Hive. In addition to just being really well-written science-fantasy, they tell a lot about the philosophical underpinnings of the Darkness and include loads of potential foreshadowing. Read them, they're really good.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I was all prepped to rush through warmind today before forsaken launches but drat, servers are down right until launch. gonna be like 2 hours behind everyone now!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

queeb posted:

I was all prepped to rush through warmind today before forsaken launches but drat, servers are down right until launch. gonna be like 2 hours behind everyone now!

Same but I'm spending 2 hours sharding about 250 items once I confirm collections work.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

1stGear posted:

For completion's sake, I'll also link My_name_is_Byf. He's the other major Destiny lore YouTuber. At least among goons, he's not as well-liked as Myelin for his tendency to have meandering videos and poor speculation.

Byf recently made a video in which he said that forsaken was exactly like that episode in battlestar galactica in which the pegasus shows up. It's an amazingly bad analogy and he just keeps going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This is more a friend of a friend story.

So there's this guy, he meet Bungie in a airport. Cool guy. Nice sweet fast talk.

So he was about to pick the taxi, then checking the wallet, he was 70$ down. I am not saying this guy Bungie took the 70$, but...

If I where you, I would check my wallet for a 70$ size hole in it.