Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

ponzicar posted:

Do you need to transfer your b.net data over to Steam before the 1st? Or can it be done anytime?

you can do it after, but It's probably a really good idea to do it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Why isn't October 1st already?

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

limaCAT posted:

Osiris reset the simulation.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
We're caught in the dreaming city curse and it always resets right before Shadowkeep launches.

None of us remember how long we've been trapped. Could be hours, days or aeons.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Mazerunner posted:

1) what perks do yall actually put on your boots since you don't need traction
anything we want. on my titan i have Distribution (reduce all ability cooldowns when using class ability). but traction is extra mobility so it's not useless.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Bust Rodd posted:

Blizzard’s uninstalled are mega super trash and always leave gigs of bullshit on your drive. If you’re getting rid of Battle.net, I recommend something like Revo to scrub your pc clean.

The only other Blizzard game I have is Overwatch, haven't played it in about a year.

On a 1-10 scale where 1 is Destiny 2 and 10 is Mechwarrior Online, how dead is it?

(I'm not asking that in the Overwatch thread for obvious reasons.)

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

limaCAT posted:

?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Heads up goons, got my key from GMG for shadowkeep. Check your email! :siren:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Sorry man but Bungie won't unlock the game for Tuvalu earlier than Europe.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

Perpetuation, Dynamo, Distribution, or enhanced dexterity perks are all really nice.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The first mission of New Light for new players. Remix of the D1 tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4w5WvO0kPc

- You get your super right away
- The big open area in the Cosmodrome has a walker you can fight, and is a public area - you can meet other players
- You get green gear but are 750
- I might have to replay this somehow to get the Khostov
- No Exo Stranger in the end cutscene :(
- You get a ship and sparrow right away

Roman fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Sep 30, 2019

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: Giant PSA Post Incoming :ducksiren:

Tomorrow is Tales from the Shadowkeeper. You are going to the haunted moonsion. It will be spooktacular.

You are going to log in. All of you. Even the lurkers.

Sinscarely,

Your most favorite beautiful sun

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

God I hope I can play that to get the khostov, I loved using that in pvp. Something about using this lovely rifle from like, 2009 while everyone is running around with high tech guns and having it work is just charming to me.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I already preloaded on Steam but I’m insanely bad at this game should I still log in tomorrow?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Tomorrow is Tales from the Shadowkeeper. You are going to the haunted moonsion. It will be spooktacular.

Sinscarely,

Me, looking up and im suddenly on the moon.

"gently caress how did he knoew"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I already preloaded on Steam but I’m insanely bad at this game should I still log in tomorrow?

Everyone is bad. Hail Satan. Just have fun!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hello fellow gamer,

Bad is good now. So yes. You are going to have to do your duty and log in on the day known as tomorrow.

It feels good to be bad.

Stormgale posted:

Me, looking up and im suddenly on the moon.

"gently caress how did he knoew"

It’s all about mooning your opposition in PvP. Or maybe it’s about, looks for a young gamer to provide education, sonning your opposition. Sunning them. Something like that. Get sunned is what I’m gonna type to peeps in game when I defeat them.

Oh!!!! And before I forget!!!!

Use my referral for GMG. I don’t spend the rewards on myself. I give them back. You all know this. Help a player out if you buy from Shadowkeepers from GMG: https://greenmangaming.mention-me.com/m/ol/kq7ua-cafb561eb7

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

so how do guardians breathe on the moon?

or the fallen

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Roman posted:

The first mission of New Light for new players. Remix of the D1 tutorial

lol at those ability cooldowns

also lol at a brand new guardian instantly going to the menus and selecting all the best class perks and flying around the map like a ninja

The mission also gives you 800 bright dust which isn't an amazing amount but if you're hard up for currencies I guess it's an option. :shrug:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Sinscarely,

i cannot afford the moon right now, but i will probably log in anyway

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

so how do guardians breathe on the moon?

or the fallen

Guardians are murder zombies so they don't breathe. They also aren't affected by the lighter gravity on the moon (or any other body in the solar system we visit).

Who gives a gently caress about the fallen, they're just target practice.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

xzzy posted:

lol at those ability cooldowns

also lol at a brand new guardian instantly going to the menus and selecting all the best class perks and flying around the map like a ninja

The mission also gives you 800 bright dust which isn't an amazing amount but if you're hard up for currencies I guess it's an option. :shrug:

As someone who is always out of bright dust, this seems cool. So established players have access to this, too?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

boxcarhobo posted:

i cannot afford the moon right now, but i will probably log in anyway

I’m doing a goon giveaway in the SA Gamers discord. Most goons who play video games are here.

https://discord.gg/kV2HaFf

Go to general announcements and react to the post. Good luck on winning. I’ll do more giveaways to help those in need.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You can say you are bad all you want but i don't believe you, better log in to be safe and confirm your badness.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Mazerunner posted:

check your bungie.net account. there should be some icons saying what platforms you have linked to cross-save. steam and blizz are seperate icons. or you can click your 'icon' in the top right corner, there's options for coss-save and pc transfer, then you can hit 'view setup" to double check how you've set stuff up.

also, I switched to pc

two questions:

2)

Ah, thanks!

I think I do Dynamo or dexterity enhancements for boots. Also you're open to using exotic boots more often, since you don't NEED a set with traction.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

To save the moon from its impending doom and Armageddon, we are calling on only the worst guardians to salvage this ball of rock.

Please assemble your worst controllers, keep your monitors off and equip your greenest gear.

We gotta get our asses straight to the moon (so we can moon people)

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I’m doing a goon giveaway in the SA Gamers discord. Most goons who play video games are here.

Go to general announcements and react to the post. Good luck on winning. I’ll do more giveaways to help those in need.

aww sweet, yea im in there anyway so ill try

but like if i dont have moonmoon tomorrow, does my gear still get reset to 750 or whatever?? should i just grind menagerie for old guns that maybe i can upgrade later when i do finally get it?

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Sep 30, 2019

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

NihilCredo posted:

The only other Blizzard game I have is Overwatch, haven't played it in about a year.

On a 1-10 scale where 1 is Destiny 2 and 10 is Mechwarrior Online, how dead is it?

(I'm not asking that in the Overwatch thread for obvious reasons.)

Basically its their biggest game ever (after the heyday of WoW), and there are stadiums in like over a dozen major cities dedicated to it with like 24 professional teams or so...

But the game itself it just getting worse and worse and worse and everything other devs told them not to do they did anyway and as a result all the worst parts of TF2 became the core of Overwatch. I loved that game and clocked like 1400 hours in the first two seasons but can’t stand more than 1 match these days.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I reacted the only way I know how to

Instruction Manuel fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Sep 30, 2019

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

boxcarhobo posted:

but like if i dont have moonmoon tomorrow, does my gear still get reset to 750 or whatever?? should i just grind menagerie for old guns that maybe i can upgrade later when i do finally get it?

Pretty sure everyone is getting boosted whether they own Shadowkeep or not.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Isn't there a mandatory 2-2-2 role lock because balance is out of the window

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's nice having battle.net deleted from my machine. Stupid fragmented game launchers.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

xzzy posted:

It's nice having battle.net deleted from my machine. Stupid fragmented game launchers.

Friendship ended with battle.net
Now epic is my best friend

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I haven't installed epic yet because I am very stubborn!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

When Tim (yeah we are on a first name basis like that) sends me the check, I’ll install the Epic Games Store.

Real talk, I wonder if he approached Bungie about it hitting EGS instead of steam. I really did wonder that.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

With the buckets of money "Tim" has been throwing at developers and the fact that Bungie is now a small indie developer I was genuinely surprised they went to Steam.

But on the other hand the Bungie and Steam office are drat near across the street from each other so maybe there was enough of a connection there that it was never really up for debate.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

When Tim (yeah we are on a first name basis like that) sends me the check, I’ll install the Epic Games Store.

Real talk, I wonder if he approached Bungie about it hitting EGS instead of steam. I really did wonder that.

I think that's at the least a little doubtful, Bungie moved storefront to Steam partly as a result of popular feedback and partly to avoid publisher pressure.

The EGS also lacks fundamental support for Destiny 2's features, it doesn't even have basic social functionality. It's an undercooked storefront way out of its depth. Steam by contrast has Steamworks functionality for multiplayer and matchmaking

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I think that's at the least a little doubtful, Bungie moved storefront to Steam partly as a result of popular feedback and partly to avoid publisher pressure.

The EGS also lacks fundamental support for Destiny 2's features, it doesn't even have basic social functionality. It's an undercooked storefront way out of its depth. Steam by contrast has Steamworks functionality for multiplayer and matchmaking

Fortnite already was a direct competitor to Destiny, now that Destiny is in the market of selling battle passes and making the game follow seasonal events even more so.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

xzzy posted:

With the buckets of money "Tim" has been throwing at developers and the fact that Bungie is now a small indie developer I was genuinely surprised they went to Steam.

But on the other hand the Bungie and Steam office are drat near across the street from each other so maybe there was enough of a connection there that it was never really up for debate.

Oh I didn’t realize that! That would make sense. I’m thrilled for the steam release. Just keeps it easy on my end.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Yeah for sure. I have no doubt this game will sell exceptionally well on Steam. It’s a rabid fan base. Hard to pass up those “guaranteed” sales but yeah, I think long-term it would have pissed a lot of people off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

How many fuckin discords are there, that's like 3-4 now yeah?

I just want to consolidate my server list