Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

What car is this? I love this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

boxen posted:

If you've never heard of a Tucker before, it's a really interesting story worth reading about, check out the Wikipedia page if nothing else. The cars are fascinating from a technological standpoint. There was a movie made about the guy behind them (Preston Tucker) in the late 80's, I don't know if it's any good or not, I last saw it when I was fairly young.

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

That's a pair of Tucker 48's, of which only about 55 were ever built. They're easily worth $2m each.

This topic is amazing and I can't wait to see where it goes. You're living the life Lobsterboy.

Of course its $2m car. I actually watched a video about Tucker a while back. Pretty interesting. Now that you guys said what car it is I recognize it, looks amazing.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
I actually walked away teary eyes (very teary) after leaving my lovely 98 Carisma at the junkyard due to rust getting to it. It was nothing special, but at the same time it was my very first car that basically made it possible for me to do all the things and trips during those years.

Both me and my wife get super sentimental about poo poo though.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Those are some lovely models. A part of me wants to buy some cool stuff like that, but I think I'm happy to just look at pictures of them.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Yeah I love your cars. That Lexus is a dream as well!

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Steve1989 seems like a nice dude. My wife was hooked on his videos a while back. We even bought a Vietnam era accessory pack from the US.

Also, what kind of mileage can you expect on something like the 48 pictured in your post? Is there a long game plan when it comes to fuel for these older cars (with potential future bans on gasoline etc). Is it possible to do E85 conversions?

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Interesting. E85 is available at pretty much all non super small pumps here in Sweden. Isn't that much cheaper though, but at least it's a bit better C02-wise. The other option would be LPG, but that's expensive and hard to get done here, unless you import a car where it's already done.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Yeah I really want to see that as well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Best thread on AI.