Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Belly tank cars are awesome. I cannot wait to see what happens here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Grakkus posted:

Out of curiosity, what are you going to do with a plane cockpit in your backyard? Other than sit in it and make plane noises of course!

Run power to it and it'd make a decent home office.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
That bike is rad. The Buick wagon fills me with a deep sadness though.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Sorry to hear about Paul Boz. I remember his posting from a long time ago. He seemed like a really good dude. RIP :(

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Congrats on the baby! Won't it be weird to have something that new in your house?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

extreme_accordion posted:

Yeah, it's rough. My uncle that is in the vintage business swears there will be hordes uncovered for years to come and the families of the estates will have no interest in any of it.
Years building a collection to have it sold off piecemeal etc.

I'm definitely hoping that the price of 240Zs, etc will be depressed from it. There's going to be a lot of weird market effects as boomers shuffle off this mortal coil and free up their assets - e.g. what happens when real estate prices when they all start trying to get their retirement funds at once by selling their homes.

There's a lot of collectors I talk to now (of various things) who are putting together written pictorial guides for their next of kin that basically step-by-step them on how to split them up.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Holy poo poo, that's a very uncommon car. It must have taken some work to get the previous owner to let go of it. It's in some very capable hands now :)

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 23, 2021

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I'm definitely here for the slammed, customized pedal car. It's great to see old grizzled car people turn super sweet when it's time to do something fun for a kid.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Darchangel posted:

I so admire the average Japanese car enthusiast's willingness to beat the hell out of their cars.

If you think it's hard to get parts for a 20s Ford in California, I can't imagine how ugly the process would be to find something in Saitama.

Here's another video from someone who appears to be a vintage scooter collector and race participant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_W5omPZmDk

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I love these hot dog cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Sign me up for a hot dog shirt.