Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surivdaoreht
Jan 22, 2009

I've always loved reading your threads in the past... I'm pumped to come across another.

I inherited a gerstner tool box that was my grandfathers, he worked at general motors for his entire career. I love it.. I have it as a decor piece in my living room.

I'm lucky enough that for a career I get to do every part of a propeller overhaul or repair on a wide variety of hamilton standards, including the ones that are used on a DC3, the Lancaster, B25, C130, Beaver, Buffalo etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surivdaoreht
Jan 22, 2009

I don't work at HS, I just work on all HS stuff at a prop shop. :)

Stationary cam from a B25

surivdaoreht
Jan 22, 2009

One of the rare occasions the customer didn't want the scrap, so I lucked out. So yeah, not really, no. Haha

surivdaoreht
Jan 22, 2009

LobsterboyX posted:

I bought some propellers from Texas -

they're about 4' each, my guess is that they're off something like a twin beech -

something like this:

Those look like Hartzell blades to me. I think there's conversions, but the props on that Beech are Hamilton Standard. I work in a prop shop (specifically on Hamilton Standard stuff). If you're looking for Hamilton Standard stuff, the blades will have a set of steel thrust washers on the shank. They transfer the load from the fillet of the blade to the barrel, and are the surfaces the bearing rides on.

DC3's typically rock a 23E50 prop.

E; more specifically, we did a prop for a beech 18 recently, that one is running 22D30 props. Individual blade assembly numbers 6533A-18.

surivdaoreht fucked around with this message at 09:55 on May 10, 2022

surivdaoreht
Jan 22, 2009

Lots of 23E50 stuff kicking around, not that it’s mine to do much with lol

Email is theroadvirus@gmail.com, send me an email and we can exchange more info if you like, I’ll answer whatever I can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surivdaoreht
Jan 22, 2009

I saw this on ig and I thought ‘hey, that looks like lobsterboyx’s car… oh whattt’

I didn’t see it when I went through the unread posts quickly, and I don’t know how if you can/or how to insert

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwLZuAyMsH_/?igshid=NzZhOTFlYzFmZQ==