Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

StormDrain posted:

I wanted a set of the pliers wrenches for so long it should come as no surprise that I was disappointed. Probably compounded by the fact that I didn't buy them with any sense of need, they were just on sale. My main gripe is they're hard to adjust. When they're at the right size they're good and fine, but I'm very partial to the locking adjustable wrench.

The Cobras look amazing but I have a set of Irwins that are good enough and I can't imagine them being that much better.

Did you get the Alligator fixed position set? Where you have to clock the handle just right to change positions?
https://www.amazon.com/Knipex-8801250-10-Inch-Alligator-Pliers/dp/B000X4J2VQ/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1BEWG95SCG1O1

Return them for these if you can- the Cobra's are a god send. I've never found anything easier and I've used Channel Lock/Irwin/Craftsman.
https://www.amazon.com/Knipex-8701250-10-Inch-Cobra-Pliers/dp/B000X4J2H0/ref=pd_bxgy_2/132-1820396-1695154?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B000X4J2H0

the spyder fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Dec 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

LobsterboyX posted:

what are these locking adjustable you guys speak of?

this?

Yesss. I bought one of these due to a recommendation on here. I use them when my hand strength can no longer hold the larger pliers-wrench.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

LobsterboyX posted:

re: youtube, I started filming some stuff, but I'm not thinking about it and it comes off as rambling -

A guy that comes to our crusie night has made some pretty cool vids, I think I need to contact him

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaYDztQ_CYdC4MEE98D6NSw

Same. Let's make a deal. I'll put up my crappy content if you put up yours.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Good luck this weekend dude!

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
If you ever decided to part with that Starrett machinist level.... I may have to find something cool to trade for it :p

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

my turn in the barrel posted:

That is a good point and worth mentioning.

In this case I'm not concerned because the bulb was in an immaculate NOS vintage cordomatic trouble light I found at the restore for $5 and put in my garage. No pic handy so here is an ebay screenshot.

I assume they threw it in to test the light? I swapped in a regular led bulb since an edison led is a terrible rough service bulb.

I always use bulb grease so between the edison led appearing to not have any drivers or heatsinks I figured that any heat would just conduct out the socket to the 30lbs of solid aluminum of the explosionproof lamp head.

But your comment made me double check and according to the product page at Home depot the Feit 60w led edison lamps are enclosed fixture rated.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Feit-El...DRP-4/313397500

It seems like the Led bulb manufacturers are transitioning everything to dimmable enclosed fixture rated as LED tech advances and prices drop.

I'm kind of curious if the actual LED bars in the bulb are somehow wired to take 120v ac directly without an additional step-down transformer since that's where most of the heat would be generated.

I have the exact same Cord-O-Matic hanging in our barn. I really need to rebuild it after all these years. I think I bought it for $2 at a local swap meet ~15 years ago.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Oh man, that's a cool green house, where's it from?

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Watch out for the "pees on everything" phase - which I'm sure you've already seen the start of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I may need a handful of 37 Cadillac 322 parts if you know anyone in your circles. Carb, various brackets and bits.