Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

LobsterboyX posted:

in other news, I've been working... a lot

I do InfoSec and some of my favorite times at the job was working big events as on site technical SME for my former employer. Just something about the events and the atmosphere, I’m very jealous of you and your professional career.

Also if you’re going to spend more time there you may want to check out the food at Chino Bandito. It was really good last time I was there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Dipping in to talk about PSA. Ok look at the asking prices for the card, the 30k price card has a red box around the tag item and like,y has a high rating, my guess is it’s likely a 9+ PSA graded card. Someone sent out the card to PSA to have them grade it, you pay for an “up to” rating. So they charge $$ for anything up to say a 5, but $$$ for up to 7, and $$$$ for up to 10. Even if you submit a 9.5 card for a up to 5 rating they will give you a 5, you submit a 5 rated card for an up to 10 rating and you get a 5.

But the deal is that the cards have been reviewed “by an expert” and have a recognized name backing the card is not a counterfeit and meets whatever standards are set for a perfect card. I know most of this through my nerd poo poo Magic the Gathering cards and don’t see the value for a piece of cardboard with wizards and poo poo on it. But historically significant memorabilia it may be worth a call and seeing if they’ll work with you for the whole collection at a given rate.

If the cards come back highly rated it opens you to some major avenues of resale beyond eBay. But all of this comes at a price, PSA costs $$$ and an auction house takes a chunk, etc. etc. Honestly you may be better off getting some professional photos taken, then spreading the word amongst the League / Broadcasters if you’re looking to sell and doing a private sale.

Or just keep them for LobsterTyke to put between the spokes of his bike. That’s an equally fitting life for them.