Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Wow sick thread. Love the traditional approach it looks like you take on your projects.

Have a link to the build on your Buick?

I just traded for a 48 Pontiac last weekend, can't find anything aftermarket for it really, drat BOP poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Nice dude, I was at the fallout as well, had some electrical problems but ended up getting there around noon. Satin black 48 Pontiac on torque thrusts, I was parked in the back corner by the hill. That show rules.
E-

always be closing fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 12, 2018

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
That's great, I saw a bunch of posts on IG from the event, sounds like it was as fun as it looked.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Looking good LBX. You coming over for the fallout this year? I've got a freaking wedding that day and have to miss it.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Very cool. My favorite spot when I live on the beach was cafeteria mi Columbia on the corner of 71& Indian Creek. Fallout next year!

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Great stuff, I think i recognize that other coupe from instagram. Gave it up for lent but ill hook up with you on there once i get back on.

e- good luck with the baby, its a game changer!

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Looks awesome! What a great piece.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Not the lobster, but some of this stuff can be very rare, with no aftermarket. If you're just dipping in, you might wanna look towards some of the more popular platforms. 49-54 Chevy cars and trucks have tons of support. 47+ ford trucks, 49-51"shoebox" Ford cars are another great choice. All have somewhat modern steering and suspension designs so you can run the og stuff.

Once you start going to cruise nights and shows and start down the Instagram and Facebook group rabbit holes, you develop a taste and branch out. In my experience.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

LobsterboyX posted:

There's so many levels to it, its kinda weird.

The first model A I drove was my buddys and it was very stock, very dustbowl, very raw. I always knew about them, but I never looked in to them because I was always under the impression that roadsters were really expensive. This was 7-8 years ago now, and once I started really looking harder at them, I realized that 28-31 model a is really the poorman's 32, and that you could (back then) get a running, driving example for under 10k - that really greenlit it for me.

Man Ive been looking a lot recently and there are still some deals out there. My fathers been in the game for over 50 years and is jaded about lots of things and has done and owned just about everything, so a lot of cars id never even considered. now that im more into it, and seeing what guys are out here really driving and putting mileage on, it just keeps opening up! not everything needs to have an m2/clip job done and small block chevy under the hood to even be considered...

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

PainterofCrap posted:

This reminds me: once in a while I put a random search in for my '65 Econoline to see what pops up. Today, I found one that appeared to be a frame-off restoration with aftermarket A/C, just a perfect concours restoration. Ad said it was $6500.

I go to the site & see a ton of cars listed at anywhere from half to a tenth of their value. I assume that this is some kind of honeypot scam thing - I'll send the link to whomever wants to see it - below is a Scam Detector rating - but I can't get what the angle is, unless it's a deposit/rugpull thing.

https://www.scam-detector.com/validator/automotive4sale-com-review/

A pretty decent 61 Econoline pickup went up on Facebook last night. $5500 in SLO.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Hot Rod Fallout on Sunday!

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
What a weekend!

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Too many doors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Sucks about the tire. Ive heard the same about those. Im running diamondback classics radials on my 51. Figured id take the better ride with my stock front end. Happy with them 4 years in, but i dont drive as much as you either haha.