Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to miami this weekend. Usually I go to the everglades and the upper keys and stuff, but this time I'm bringing some friends who want to do the whole nightmare south beach club thing. Sounds real cool!

... but fellas, I've never been in a club! What should I expect? Are there good any good ones we should go to? Can girls smell the fear-sweat pooling in my underwear? I'm at my wit's end, here, and I could really use some help from the people who know what's what: the something awful forums community

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Those clubs just play Will Smith's Miami song 24-7 anyways, if you can dance to that you're deffo going to get laid

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

All the cool kids wear their sunglasses indoors

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Thots and Prayers posted:

Those clubs just play Will Smith's Miami song 24-7 anyways, if you can dance to that you're deffo going to get laid

I'm married and she'll be there so obviously getting laid will be difficult, but you know what I always say: just 'cause there's a goalie don't mean you can't score

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Remember when they shamed that fat guy who was trying to dance at that club

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
south beach is p cool op, enjoy

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
I enjoy clubbing

baby seals

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Contrary to popular media, some members of Miami Vice are not attractive. At all.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

If you accidentally bump in to another man at the club, be prepared to fight him to the death. Inject a large dose of steroids before going out so you will have the edge when you get in these fights.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Watch a lot of pitbull music videos to get a feel for the scenario before you hit the real thing

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
just enjoy driving in miami and make sure u are drunk and armed, then all will be well, that’s even true at like 8am on Tuesday

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

1redflag posted:

Watch a lot of pitbull music videos to get a feel for the scenario before you hit the real thing

came here to say the same thing

mr 305 won't steer you wrong

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
South Beach fuckin blows, although I would like to thank Cuba for their women

Honestly OP you should hit up Wynwood

e: or Coconut Grove, or even Lincoln Avenue

ElectricSheep fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 5, 2018

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i cant wait for that loving city to be swallowed by the ocean forever

it makes Los Angeles look like a mature and cultured city by comparison

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Just queue up a bunch of Smiths songs and stay crying in your room, which is what any self respecting goon would do

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Don't forget to brush and floss those pearly whites

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

cuban sandwiches

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Load up on those little cups of café Cubano and just go hog wild.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Gold chains, louvered shades, a shitload of Axe body spray, shirt unbuttoned to the waist. Now you're ready to party.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Chinatown posted:

Same but for all coastal cities, including the one I currently reside in

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Chinatown posted:

it makes Los Angeles look like a mature and cultured city by comparison

accurate

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lol Miami loving suuuuucks.
Make sure to flip off Homestead for me if you drive down to the keys later

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
never been in a club?

well, in a miami club, expect:

*ridiculous cover charge to get in because you're a guy
*insanely expensive alcohol prices *lol ur shot is 15 bucks*
*them to charge you a ton to sit in a booth*
*music so loud you will want to die*
*CHADS as far as the eye can see*

you're in over your head, try not to sit in the corner sipping a zima all night

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You should just go to a rave they are way better, even in 2018.

For some reason in the USA most clubs = people go to show off and look cooler than everyone else it's pretty lame.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
First thing order a tray full of shooters. Drink them as fast as you can. It'll take a few minutes before your legs go, use that time to get on the dance floor. Now it's party time.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
lol op in a club

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Nerses IV posted:

... but fellas, I've never been in a club! What should I expect?

Take lots of dollar bills and see if one of the ladies will give you a lap dance. You can always tell the girls who have a boob job and its not worth trying to grab onto fake boobs. I wear glasses and a few times the dancers took my glasses and smeared them all over their private bits.

edit: nm, I thought you were talking about strip clubs. But chances are you will get to see more at a strip club than you will at a regular dance club.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
"You're wearing too many glow sticks"
-said by no-one ever

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Goin to the club solo tonight to game some females...it’s the ultimate gauntlet...my masculinity and skills vs chads Big throbbing Cock...loser gets cucked...winner...goes home with Stacy........

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

maker posted:

Goin to the club solo tonight to game some females...it’s the ultimate gauntlet...my masculinity and skills vs chads Big throbbing Cock...loser gets cucked...winner...goes home with Stacy........

Oh I'm sure you'll be going up against some big throbbing cock alright

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
dance music will be played very loudly over any attempt to communicate with a dense mob of beautiful strangers. a vague sense of pointless danger will radiate from insecure men. you will consume alcohol at exorbitant prices partly to dispel the intense body heat as you become part of the crowd, expressing sexual desire through dance mainly consisting of inelegant, aggressive thrusting, because it turns out most modern dance music is counterintuitively difficult to actually dance to, but this means when the dj drops a throwback like "apache (jump on it)" everybody loses their poo poo and it's the best part of the night. should you find a partner who shows mutual interest, hooking up will prove a vivacious but inadequate and shortly-lived substitute for meaningful human connection. you might wake up somewhere weird. never follow anybody with an eastern-european accent to a secondary location. lastly, when you hear lil jon go "shots! shots! shots shots shots shots! shots! shots shots shots shots! shots! shots shots shots shots! everybooooody" most of the people there will respond in kind, and it's fun, but then there's a part where you just go "aughhhl leughh eh uh eh aeuughlelgheugheuh" in time with the music and that's a pretty good time to really cut loose

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Bring a melon and baller

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Big Beef City posted:

Oh I'm sure you'll be going up against some big throbbing cock alright

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Leon Einstein posted:

Bring a...baller

sup I'm here

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I was gonna say that in south beach the tourists are as bad as the locals but in this case you're the tourist so you're gonna get what's coming to you.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Moridin920 posted:

You should just go to a rave they are way better, even in 2018.

yeah seriously do this it is extremely easy to find one too

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Cubone posted:

dance music will be played very loudly over any attempt to communicate with a dense mob of beautiful strangers. a vague sense of pointless danger will radiate from insecure men. you will consume alcohol at exorbitant prices partly to dispel the intense body heat as you become part of the crowd, expressing sexual desire through dance mainly consisting of inelegant, aggressive thrusting, because it turns out most modern dance music is counterintuitively difficult to actually dance to, but this means when the dj drops a throwback like "apache (jump on it)" everybody loses their poo poo and it's the best part of the night. should you find a partner who shows mutual interest, hooking up will prove a vivacious but inadequate and shortly-lived substitute for meaningful human connection. you might wake up somewhere weird. never follow anybody with an eastern-european accent to a secondary location. lastly, when you hear lil jon go "shots! shots! shots shots shots shots! shots! shots shots shots shots! shots! shots shots shots shots! everybooooody" most of the people there will respond in kind, and it's fun, but then there's a part where you just go "aughhhl leughh eh uh eh aeuughlelgheugheuh" in time with the music and that's a pretty good time to really cut loose

This, plus:

Dress decently so that you don't stand out in a bad way; a polo shirt with decent shoes usually works. Since it's Miami you could possibly wear a Hawaiian shirt or one of those guayabera ones from Cuba and Mexico. You should expect pretty much everyone there to have come to the club in a group, and hang out and leave as same, so if you have a group of your own to go with that usually works in your favor since if you go solo it'll be unusual. It's not like you're going to meet anybody new inside; no one goes to a club to do that anymore it seems. They go to hang out with their friends in a place where the music is loud and the drinks are more overpriced than usual. (That stuff you hear about starlets in "the hottest clubs"? Yeah, that only applies to money-to-burn wealthy cities like NYC, LA, and Miami and they're only going there to be "seen" in a joint that's both more exclusive and more expensive than the average offerings you'd find in most cities.)

It's not like a pub where you can strike up a chat with the other patrons or a venue where you'll watch amateurs, genuine up-and-coming acts, or cover bands. Once you've done the club thing a few times, you'll wonder what the big deal is. Often times, it's just to go there "to go there" and sometimes exclusivity gets into the mix.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
Bars and clubs loving suck now. Enjoy never talking to anyone and paying too much for drinks near people who won't get off their phone. Raves/concerts are better, but in TYOOL 2018, all social contact must be pre screened by the AI app overlords. Have fun!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cubone posted:

:thunk: what if I just wanna chill on the beach but I didn’t bring a banana hammock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
make sure to put sunscreen on your banana

it might peel

• Locked thread