Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I just wanna pet this and hear my hands squeak on its body. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Boxers can be such big doofuses. :3:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I love how gently he bounces it.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Oh my God.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Glad I ain't the only one that does this.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

They're so clean. :3:

Pigs are just fatter dogs.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Edit: whoops, nevermind.

Unperson_47 has a new favorite as of 10:37 on Dec 22, 2018

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

This is bananas

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

These should come standard in all models

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Is it just standard practice to use tires to buffer the falls of these concrete culverts or whatever these are? I've seen a ton of videos like this over the years.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

JEEVES420 posted:

I made a bottle of conductive ink. It's pretty fun stuff to mess around with. You can also use it as a capasitive touch so the ink is responsive to human touch. Only draw back is because it uses graphite powder as the conductor you can only really get black ink out of it.

You can also get coopper and silver based conductive paints but it's expensive as hell. I made some of my own with powdered graphite that worked well but it was a pain in the rear end to work with.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

JEEVES420 posted:

What did you use for the base? The one I made used the following, which was pretty easy to work with albeit a bit slow to dry.

1,000 mL water
300g Graphite
100g Gum Arabic
3mL Glycerine
5mL Listerine

A liquid pencil :downs: I used the ink with a paint brush.

On the subject of pencils if I could actually draw I'd be tempted to do this to etch metals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btc2Q45B8VQ

My recipe was nowhere near this complex. I was using cheap poo poo like glue, acrylic paint, 2 part epoxies. I was trying to 3D print PCBs with trenches for traces and filling those trenches in with the paint after placing components. I made a few working PCBs like this for projects but the consistency of mine was less ink/paint and more like a mud.

It's too much of a hassle for me to bother with it again.

How strong is the adhesion of your mix? I might swipe it if it can actually hold components in place

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Octo-booping.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

NLJP posted:

HappyCow machines are, imo, one of the greatest inventions since the neolithic.

These things are great because they are also an easy way to apply stuff to kill parasitic flies on cattle. (or at least some similar contraptions let you do this)

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Dude puts more faith in that magnet holding that chandelier back than I put into not hitting my head against our kitchen pendant light every drat time.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

God drat.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

New sequel to The Void video game looking good.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I saw a video of a dude trying to pull this prank on his pet dog by getting it to chase him as he planned to jump over the plastic wrap or whatever. The result was of course the dude tripping over it and going face first to the ground and the dog just jumping over it.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

"Jurassic Park remake/director's cut looking good", etc. etc.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Dogs are just smarter children. :3:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

What bird is this?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Thanks. That's a cool looking bird.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

My favorite thing about those kind of videos is whenever some calamity strikes the owner, the dog always runs in like "HEY, WHAT'S GOING ON OVER HERE?!" or thinks it's playtime.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

This is the greatest GIF I've seen in 2019.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I want to see the descendants of the modern dog that have evolved roundhouses as the defense/hunting behavior.

Canis lupus familinorris

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

More pet martial arts please.

edit: I thought that was a game/RC controller coming into frame at the bottom of that cat gif.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

For a second I thought that gif was going to end up with some insanely cool art like that one video of that guy painting on the street with random poo poo and in the end it wound up being some galaxy/space scene with planet and supernova.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

whoops

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

Me / my brain / why are you like this / Jesus Christ

https://i.imgur.com/qOgE23e.mp4

I haven't figured out yet exactly where those labels go but I'm pretty sure those are the labels

E: haha one more

https://i.imgur.com/J61NJ58.mp4

Dogs that are just big dopes are the best.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I say make that legislator ride the ride.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Popup books like that are one of those things that I don't even know how you would START to make one that doesn't collapse/get stuck and fol din on itself, ruining it.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I'm too nervous about taking my hands off the wheel so I will forever refuse feeling "it" in the air tonight.

Unperson_47 has a new favorite as of 23:24 on Jul 25, 2019

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

What even is this? Blobfish/rat hybrid?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Africa’s crowned eagle is known to prey on human children.

Wikipedia posted:

In another case, the skull of a human child was found in the nest of a crowned eagle pair.

In the famed Taung deposit in South Africa, a skull from a child Australopithecus africanus, a possible ancestor of human beings, led to considerable speculation. Ultimately referred to as the Taung Child and estimated to weigh 9 to 11 kg (20 to 24 lb), the child became the type specimen for its species. The child appeared to have died from a clean row of piercing to its skull. Scholarly examination of the piercings has led scientists to believe that the specimen was seemingly killed by an eagle, of which the crowned eagle is the most likely candidate.[84][85] This predatory relationship has led to much hypothesizing as to whether Stephanoaetus eagles may have partially shaped human evolution, with small early primate ancestors having evolved towards larger body sizes and larger brains due to the reduced probability of eagle predation with these features.[8][16][84]

Unperson_47 has a new favorite as of 07:29 on Jul 30, 2019

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

AFewBricksShy posted:

That was like a Bob Ross speedrun.

I kind of went down a hole:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zuzyrWRdqE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXsafgfV-xE

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Would like to hear the sound this cat makes

Look at them feets.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Several years ago at work, I saw my co-workers huddled around a clear plastic drinking cup containing something they had caught and they had no loving idea what it was. I knew what it was - a mole cricket. I told them about it and how neat an animal they were. Then I was going to tip the cup over and let it walk around a bit. This thing took off like a fuckking rocket across the floor and disappeared under some warehouse shelves.

A mole cricket is kind of a cumbersome animal that is meant to burrow and dig underground. It is not a fast animal.

I still don't know what happened.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Oh my god. :3: :3: :3:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

This reminds me of when my grandpa told me about the time they knocked down a dirt dauber nest while renovating a house. It was full of paralyzed/dissolved/partially dissolved spiders and splatted on the floor into a pool of spider juice that left a stain on the floor and smelled horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Just as well, he was only spinning his wheels

It has not been a good year for him. He's barely been treading water and hasn't handled the pressure so this was inevitable.