Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Jamesman posted:

Source on this would be appreciated. I could go for some Japanese live-action D&D.

Oh, that's the Hero Yoshihiko, it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

It will be, eventually. No one does something like that one time, then says, "Well, I'm satisfied."

If you record anyone long enough, the video eventually becomes a snuff film.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Snowmankilla posted:

I’ve just spent 40 min on nasa.com and wiki. How do we know it is rotating on its side? I am down a rabbit whole where I learned that the equator is the middle of the poles, and the poles are where a planet rotates around. So if Uranus does not spin along its poles, then they aren’t poles right?

I cannot explain how much this is hurting my head.

I believe what's meant is "relative to the plane on which it revolves around the sun". Typically, a planet's rotation is roughly perpendicular to the plane on which it revolves around the sun. The Earth, of course, is not; the axis of rotation is slightly tilted, resulting in the seasons, but it's still facing "up" rather than on its "side". Uranus's axis of rotation is roughly parallel to the plane on which it revolves around the sun. Imagine the rest of the planets are spinning balls, moving in circles, while Uranus is just kind of...rolling in a circle.