Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

BrazIIIIILLLLLL!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

I want to know if the ants can un-bridge when they're done, or if the ants making the bridge are trapped there until they die :ohdear:

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

I showed this to a co-worker and he showed me the extended version the aftermath. The dude survived but everything below the nose is hanging open like a watermelon got blown open by a firework. I don't recommend it.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Unperson_47 posted:

My sewing machine has an automatic threader on it. You pull the thread up behind a hook and then push down on on a lever and it passes the thread through the eye.

I have no loving idea how it works because as far as I can tell I can't see anything go through the eye like a hook to pull the thread through no matter how slowly I mash the lever. The hook you hook the thread to is just to hold the thread taut. It also only works 1/2 the time.

It's collapsing a quantum waveform of either [threaded] or [not threaded], There are only two variables so yeah it should only work half the time.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

DandyLion posted:

ha, I too learned the 'cross your legs' trick in middle school or thereabouts

Please explain. Or is joke?

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

HenryEx posted:

It prevents you from getting up when you're supposed to be lying down

Ha I get it now. I thought it was some leverage/wrestling thing at first.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

HenryEx posted:

So what about if every inch of a flat surface in your house is covered in dog hair and you need to fold your laundry free handing it in the air in front of you, what's your genius solution then tough guy

I need an answer to this yesterday.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Rasmus posted:

the logistics of having a giant murderbot

My friend have you tried Patlabor?

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Wee posted:

How is there any skill, or point, in that?

If it's a scaled up version of the one's I played with at a friends house, there is an amount of skill in that you need to ease off the power for turns or you derail.

As to point, there's no point to anything since everyone in that video will be forgotten about in 100 years, but that's never seemed to stop anyone.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

I was lukewarm on nuTrek but now I'm interested.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

I should call her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Non Compos Mentis posted:

https://i.imgur.com/sGNXeES.mp4

you gotta distract the dog with the car jack to brush it

I always get nervous watching videos that have humans and bears until I hear the human speak Russian, then I know they won't get mauled. I dunno about this lady tho.