Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

What am I missing? Doesn't paper cover rock? Why is he so freaked out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
what is that pokemon called?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I was hoping I would be able to hear the ppbbbbtthhhhthhhhhhthhhhh

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Is there a reason there's a slow motion take? I don't see any detail that didn't come through just fine before. Is it just because it's such a badass gif?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

koshmar posted:

I can understand that they're massive but I keep parsing it as a normal sized fish really close to the camera.

It's a camera trick; those divers are gnomes.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Literally A Person posted:

Why is Bugs' face like that??? WHAT IS THAT FACE???

When my cat makes that face it's time for the squirt gun.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
How come nobody talks about Jeff K anymore?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Knormal posted:

That's an awful harsh thing to say about the folks in that gif, they're just Australians.

They're a bunch of loving chordate tunicates.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

If you cut off the divide, the bottom half does kind of look pretty normal, like just a really bad continuous titscope

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
What about stripping off the leaves from a long green stick with your hand?

thwithwithwithwip

Edit: then you got a whip stick

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

What did he do at the end that made everyone flip out? Did he throw up into the bottle? Or is "the end" just everyone being so ecstatic?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

CainsDescendant posted:

He did the bottle flip trick with what was left of the last bottle

Oh, I see it now...

Shoot, is that a thing? That reminds me, I have request:

A few years ago I saw this amazing gif where a little kid bounces a bottle and it lands upright or maybe upside down, and he immediately does like a little dance and goes flying sideways on like a Slip-and-Slide.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Big L posted:

I'm bad with linking from gfycat but here you go:

https://gfycat.com/exhaustedpowerlessamericanwarmblood

Huh... well, that I think is the same kid, and maybe even the same location and the same exact setup, but it's definitely not the gif I was thinking of.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

dialhforhero posted:

I thought that was a Shmorky video.

...isn't it?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

I live in Eugene Oregon and this is so normal that I am still kind of unsure what is supposed to be the focus on this video. The guy in a nice shirt skateboarding or that a guy has multiple cups out for different things? I and many of my friends keep small bags of weed around to give to the unhoused. It's really common to have someone outside with two cups, one labeled "food" the other "weed".

I want to know what his other cups were labeled, though. Land??

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Alaois posted:

I am 99.9% confident that is also not normal in Eugene, Oregon and that poster is just being a huge freak for no reason

It's not unlike that in Corvallis or Portland, either. There are tons of unhoused here, though; I think Oregon in particular has a real extreme ratio compared to most other places. And weed being so plentiful here; it's not a joke to say there are more dispensaries than coffee shops? I don't know if that plays out in the city broadly but it's certainly true in my immediate radius. A lot of the unhoused don't have IDs and therefore can't get weed; it's easy enough for them to get food if they have a little money or if they're hanging around restaurants. What they often want is something other than alcohol to ease them through another lovely night. A store doesn't have to card a clearly old homeless dude but the weed dispensaries have to every time.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

ughhhh posted:

This reminds me of the new batman movie where goth batman come back to his batcave with all those bats just hanging out with all of batmans cool detective stuff laying around completely uncovered

edit:thought this was the cursed img thread

https://i.imgur.com/vudP5FU.mp4

This image annoys me so much because there's this perfect loop except the loop of the loop is not perfect.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Megillah Gorilla posted:

EDIT: for those who drive on the other side of the road, consult a mirror

Weird use of the word "literally" on there, number 7. I guess it's neither not-wrong nor literal-as-figurative, but it feels weird to include. Like, as though you might otherwise think it was being figurative?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

marshmallow creep posted:

Jesus at one point I thought it was going to loop and go forever

Haha there was a part where I accidentally switched tabs and when I came back I was like, wait a minute...

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Why does it say "Full Video" on the top? What purpose does that serve? If someone were to cut the video, that text would still just be there. It genuinely makes me think this isn't the full video.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Is that some impressive editing, or is this just a thing a phone does now?

In any case, if this is an ad for those crocs it's working.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

dupersaurus posted:

It's a bit of color correction and rotoscoping on a single take. You can see that some of the still poses don't follow the camera quite

edit: watch the feet, in particular

I guess what I meant was, specifically, was this a product of editing or is there an app I can download that will just let me do it? It just seems... um... do-able in a vague way as I understand cameras and filters and apps.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Boba Pearl posted:

It's an extremely easy to use tiktok filter.

I'm used to seeing the TikTok logo emblazoned on everything, even videos that aren't TikTok but for some reason get passed through TikTok or something. I think some people have videos but just put a TikTok logo on them so people will watch them. And yet this video has no TikTok logo. How can you possibly even begin to explain this?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I've seen Conan next to people as part of a gag of how tall he is, but it wasn't until I saw him casually talking to people that he actually looked freakishly tall.

edit to clarify: like from clips and poo poo; I'm not stalking him

credburn has a new favorite as of 08:21 on May 28, 2022

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I recently had a conversation with a friend about how he poo poo his pants, and then I had a different conversation with another person who said they have done this, and now I'm wondering, at 38 loving years old, am I the only man who's never poo poo his loving pants? I distinctly remember the last time I did it: I was four, I was in the backyard and I slid down the slide weird and poo poo myself. That's the last time. Is it really so common that men poo poo themselves?!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Boba Pearl posted:

If you save someone else's video the tiktok logo gets put on it, there's no re-tweet, and no-one cares about the logo, so almost anything shared will have it unless it came from the original. Though, even then this also means if you have a draft, and you have to save and re-upload it you get the logo as well.

So that leads me to believe the video isn't a TikTok filter.

What is with you people that you need to fart so bad you poo poo yourself? That's what I don't get.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
So wait, you're telling me that someone uses a TikTok filter, then goes the extra effort to erase the TikTok logo, so as to pass it off as though they did it all themselves? But if it's a TikTok filter then wouldn't like millions of people already know?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Boba Pearl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDsIPI2IKWI

It's called Clone Trail, there's literally hundreds of apps and filters that do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnmKfu6gNWM

Oh wow, this is interesting. Thanks, Boba Pearl; I was curious but kind of loving around, I didn't expect anyone to come back with answers.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Is it a portal into Tamriel?

credburn has a new favorite as of 04:25 on Jun 7, 2022

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
This explains the bear market I keep hearing about lately.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I wish people who edit gifs would include the normal version as well as the slowed-down version. I often don't even want to see the slowed version until I know what it looks like normal. It's like a preview, like, hey this is neat -- stick around for it in slow motion.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Sometimes it's hard to gauge how cool a thing is in slow motion unless I've seen how it looks normal first.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I wonder if I could do that.

edit: gently caress nope

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Large Testicles posted:

it's not a machete, it's the quiver

That explains my antici

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Kamrat posted:

When will this meme die, it never ends.

I didn't think it was funny in the first time I saw it and seeing it a millionth time doesn't make it suck less.

It's the second time I've seen it. I mean, I guess it's the first time I've seen it and realized it's a meme. What's the gimmick, though? That there are wormholes into Skyrim?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Since this is the only place I digest social media other than like Facebook, I'm usually confused by memes. I find also that a lot of memes reference memes, and sometimes reference memes that references memes, and to get even more complicated sometimes there's a meme that references a meme that mutated over time that itself was a reference to a meme. I feel like memes are an in-joke that the entire world is part of, except me. I want to have a Day Without Memes. The dang kids these days will put down their tick tocks and go outside and throw footballs and the gangs will go home and become honor students.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Inceltown posted:

It's always loss, you just didn't spot it.

Loss is the purest example of "you had to be there."

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Does anyone with an understanding of how the brain of an animal like that works know what it must be thinking? It's being rescued, but fish are so expressionless. Does it imagine it is about to be eaten? Does it think its life is in danger? Further danger? Is it afraid? Is it annoyed? It seems so unperturbed. It must sense its tail is being tugged, that it's being dragged. All these people are around it; I find it hard to believe it thinks they're all its friends.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Brawnfire posted:

The barbaric act known colloquially as the "sharkyeet" in which drunken revelers attempt to get a shark as far inland as possible. Banned in most countries, it nonetheless has a strong global following exacerbated by social media.

This sounds like a made up thing and it probably isn't and now I'm sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Those camera zoomcuts are fuckin painful.