Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

This is super cool and I immediately downloaded a version for myself: (pardon the rushed print quality)

https://i.imgur.com/7aXKVLd.gifv

Snackmar has a new favorite as of 04:29 on Dec 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
If I upload an mp4 to imgur, what's the best way to post it here so that desktop users see it in high quality, and mobile users on Safari can still see it instead of a frozen image?

For example, in another thread I've posted this:

code:
[url]https://i.imgur.com/BwTGbQz.mp4[/url]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/BwTGbQz.mp4[/img]
On my desktop the first version shows as a video, and the second line is invisible. On my phone, the first line is a frozen image and the second line shows the animation :psyduck:

Snackmar has a new favorite as of 03:17 on Dec 26, 2018

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Azhais posted:

Don't need either, just post the http link and the backend will do the right thing in theory

Oh, that makes sense, lemme try:

https://i.imgur.com/BwTGbQz.mp4

Nah, that's frozen on my phone

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

duz posted:

Do iPhones make videos tap to play to prevent draining the battery?

In Safari on my iPhone that post of mine just shows the first frame of the animation, frozen, and not able to be interacted with in any way. Like no long-press to open in a new tab, no tap to play, nothing.

Azhais posted:

if it doesn't the awful app might?

Just tried that now, in the awful app my post above shows no animation (or even a picture of the first frame), but it displays the link to the file on imgur, which then plays when clicking through to there.

For now I converted it to a gif and edited my post in the other thread, and just linked to the mp4 instead

Snackmar has a new favorite as of 06:30 on Dec 26, 2018

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

verbal enema posted:

little request here if anyone has the Check It Out! episode on Planes if they could make a gif of Steve Brule's eyebrow raise he does after he says "Linda Barelli has passed." I would be your best friend

Sure - lemme know if you'd like it adjusted a little.

1276 x 720

638 x 360

319 x 180

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

verbal enema posted:

Awesome! Could you perhaps have it start a second sooner but end at the same time?

I've started it smidge earlier where he begins to say the word "passed":

How's that?

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I mirrored Captain Swing's version and added a 1 pixel border if you prefer that style:

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

At first I thought this was a series of small e-ink displays attached together but I'm pretty sure from the motion that it's a lenticular design instead.

Here's an example of an e-ink dress:

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

SyNack Sassimov posted:

the guy simply jumped 15 feet in the air, as is normal in NBA games.

No

Players can leap 15 feet

As in leap forward 15 feet

They don't jump 15 feet into the loving sky do you know
how terrifying that would be the human race wouldn't have

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Tree Bucket posted:

Haha
Watching that makes my head hurt, right by the left eye

I bought one of those from buildamoc.com - it's cool, but the design is not very "sturdy" the way that official sets are these days.. it doesn't take much for it to break apart

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Glagha posted:

Hey look I found the clip and yeah it's Scary Movie 3.

That is seriously incredible

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

w00tmonger posted:

Kind of annoyed he shredded up some cardboard to make this look like it's not just lasercut

I don't think he's trying to hide anything there. The thing is, when you laser cut stuff, you still have to manually remove the parts you want to keep from the sheet of leftover material. With wood it's not so bad, but cardboard can be super annoying. (And no matter which material you cut, the more intricate your design is, the more of a pain in the rear end it is.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Wow! Any photographers able to weigh in on this? I'm kind of shocked at how clearly that photo came out by just leaning the camera on his hand - any macro stuff I've tried has been a blurry mess without a full tripod!