Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

Macnult posted:

Frolic through the lands without thought until the distant memory approaches

but as we frolic, let's frolic towards the river

v excited for this thread, the last one was amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

whoa

any creatures about, great or small?

Manifisto

"we were just headed there ourselves! is this coincidence, or a sign? either way we'll be happy to give you a lift"

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

:3:

I'm interested in seeing what the riverbank looks like, and then perhaps the cottage? what do other people think? either way we should see whether snail is interested in coming with

Manifisto

Splatmaster posted:

This, and could we please name the stick "Walter"? Walter the Walking Stick has a nice feel to it.

it does indeed

and if the snail needs a walking stick (why would a snail need a walking stick?) perhaps it could be shannon the shillelagh

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

which way does the river flow? if we start upriver we may have a chance of riding the current downriver, if the opportunity presents itself.

Manifisto

okay if I understand this we can head southeast to check out the cottage (maybe walking along the river?) and depending on the tides may be able to ride it back the other way, at least for a bit? sound like a plan?

Manifisto

:ohdear:

Manifisto

I am inclined to say "hello, anybody home?" in a falsely confident voice, whilst gripping Walter in preparation for the worst

Manifisto

the thread is great, I love it and hope against hope you change your mind and decide to continue it even a bit further, so we get some closure to the story.

byob works in fits and spurts, sometimes things are inexplicably fast-moving, sometimes they're very slow. imo you should not in any way take personally the rate at which people weigh in on a thread.

but whatever you decide, thanks for the thread so far, I've enjoyed the directions it's taken and would hate to see it peter out.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

City of Glompton posted:

:glomp:

i agree we should go north, and keep an eye out for things out of the ordinary

Manifisto

maybe we should continue north while we have the light? also, are there any items we might wish to gather for counterspells?

Manifisto

well I wonder if we should maybe remove the stick repair for the evening, so if an evil spirit used it to cross they won't be able to come back to bother us in our sleep. tomorrow morning, Splat's suggestion about getting Walter's advice sounds excellent.

If we do decide to camp for the evening, I'd love to hear any stories small snail has to tell--or, failing that, any suggestions about spells or suchlike we may be able to use. perhaps we can learn something that would let us know what happened to the little girl and if she's around somewhere help us find her.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

excellent. good meal, good story. old turtle definitely sounds worth seeking out.

I'm so glad this is continuing! it just keeps getting better, and the art is really great

Manifisto

choices :ohdear:

I have a feeling old turtle might help us figure out what kinds of spells might be useful to learn from the snails

but I could be convinced otherwise

Manifisto

thank you, old turtle. can you give us any advice on how to deal with one of these terrible spirits if we happen to meet one?

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

nice, old turtle got us stoned :rznv:

should we head to the windmill? I think that's a more logical stop before seeking out the lighthouse, makes sense to get as much info as we can

Manifisto

wow love that drawing

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

IMO head NE first bc then NNE isn't that much farther north?

okay. maybe we can catch up with the other snails and join forces?

let us remember though the spirit is not necessarily (wholly) evil, maybe it just needs something

Manifisto

Twenty Four posted:

And with that said, on the short time table, it would be wonderful to have Teddy chase after Tomas and his Unicorn friend, but I think he should walk into the light with his new snail friends, and perhaps see his old flesh and stuffed friends once again.

Barking Gecko posted:

This would be a good time for Teddy to use the magic stone for protection.

also the forest drawing is outstanding

if I'm repeating myself, so be it! the artwork is great.

Manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

thanks luvcow for making the thread and seeing it through to a conclusion--a really powerful and touching conclusion at that. imo stuff like this really makes byob what it is at its best.

ty nesamdoom!

• Locked thread