Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
NBA 2K19
No but seriously we hear you, we have lowered VC costs by 1%, and allowed you to preview the items and haircuts you will spend 50 dollars on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YxeasnHaak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Fog0TRg2E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlP0EBwLlhI

NBA Live 19
We are just as confused as you all are that we as an EA game that we aren't the most scumbaggy developers in this market. We will get there though, I promise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2tMMb4rh1c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Zyg1bm8pk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAJPoS7wOzE

Demos are out now, The Games are September 7th, maybe with some early access fuckery.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Why the gently caress am I considering spending an extra $50 to play 2k tomorrow and all weekend instead of next week and forever after that. At least it has extra VC right?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
You’ll save money buying the $100 version vs if you bought VC and the 30 I think myteam packs you get. Very excited for 9pm PST.

Maybe I didn’t play enough Live 18, but the Live 19 demo felt the same and I wasn’t nuts about it. Maybe I’m just too used to 2K but the actual mobility of 19 felt weird.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Looking forward to playing 2k

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
What do y'all play on

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
PC

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Ps4

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

PS4 again this year. Last year I got the switch version at launch and the portability was really novel, but the cut scenes in mycareer/mygm were super broken for awhile. I also missed being able to import community made rosters for future draft classes.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
PS4 here as well.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

verbal enema posted:

PS4 here as well.

Add me cowards
Psn Fgdavis

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Added

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Xbox

YYZmoods. This will be the first year I have my xbox wired right into a really good connection, so im excited for online play.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Get ready to have people disconnect the second you’re up by like 8 and their 3rd jacked up 3 misses

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Gonna be playing Live all night tonight and wait a few weeks for the honest opinions to start coming out for 2k19. Excited to see how both of them go this year though

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm mainly considering 2k since I already got an 89 I can transfer over that has like 200k VC

btw if you really want to know 50$ takes you from 60 to 85 in 2k18 so you might even get to 87 with that in 2k19!

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

verbal enema posted:

I'm mainly considering 2k since I already got an 89 I can transfer over that has like 200k VC

Wait what?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

zelah posted:

Wait what?

you can't transfer between generations?

Oh noooooooo

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

verbal enema posted:

you can't transfer between generations?

Oh noooooooo

I don't know why you even thought this but it's extremely funny imo.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

A.I is pretty insufferable so 2k continues its streak of bad MyCareer protagonists. I also haven't seen how they are getting away with using Allen Iversons nickname yet so maybe it's just an alternate universe where nobody would care about this.

Gameplay looks almost the same... But feels pretty different (good). It also looks like they improved the visuals a lot in subtle ways.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

A.I.’s such a dumb idiot. I don’t hate the mycareer story, but this protagonist isn’t doing himself any favors.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I skimmed through Smoove's playthrough up to getting to the NBA and it looks like he gets less stupid very abruptly.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Omg AI got traded for sandwiches!! This is actually the best story

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Shooting off illegal fireworks >>>>>>>>

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
TOO MANY SNAKES IN THE GRASS

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
The retro 2k segment was cool as that Houston team was my main when I cracked the top 500 on PS3 online. Have been trash online ever since

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I think I missed something about the viral video when you get kicked off the team. Was it a video of the fireworks?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Had good luck following this advice for the first contract negotiation https://youtu.be/46gsLPhFMSo

Knicks offered me 950/1x/3 years. Ended up getting 795/2x/1year.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

im going through my old 2k screenshots and i found this

folks, you gotta Trust The Process

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

the last basketball game I played was double dribble on the NES. I am considering getting a modern one for PS4. Which one should I get?

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I'm still playing NBA 2k14 with the URB mod rocking my 1995-1996 Association Wolves with a rookie Kevin Garnett this time around. Playing against Orlando Shaq and SA Admiral sure is cool.

Played 16, 17, but after seeing the ridiculous VC stuff in 18 decided to sit that one out, and looking like I'll sit out 19, too.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

I'm still playing NBA 2k14 with the URB mod rocking my 1995-1996 Association Wolves with a rookie Kevin Garnett this time around. Playing against Orlando Shaq and SA Admiral sure is cool.

Played 16, 17, but after seeing the ridiculous VC stuff in 18 decided to sit that one out, and looking like I'll sit out 19, too.

Live is pretty good this year IMO. Worth a shot if you hate VC

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

If you just play My League or My GM then you don't have to worry about VC at all.

VC only affects MyCareer for the most part.

If you just care about assocation then get 2k19. The Basketball is still way better than Live's

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Even in MyCareer you don’t have to spend a dime to dominate. I’d say the only time you would need to spend real money for vc is if you do the myplayer online thing and wanna keep up with the joneses

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

the_american_dream posted:

Even in MyCareer you don’t have to spend a dime to dominate. I’d say the only time you would need to spend real money for vc is if you do the myplayer online thing and wanna keep up with the joneses

There's also the deadly grind of training exercises. At least in past 2K my careers. Not sure about current.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

A few of us goons are starting an online league(we have like 8 so far), anybody else want in?
https://discord.gg/a3GUjS is the 2k/madden Discord we’re going to use

edit: PS4, forgot to mention

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Sep 8, 2018

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

can’t wait til this is everywhere

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Mandrel posted:

can’t wait til this is everywhere

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I'm 81 overall after two days with live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Is mygm default rosters only like last year or does it update? Trying to see if I should wait before starting