Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

you can skip the arcade game by pressing start and quit (you lose the arcade storywise) and skip anything else during the cutscenes by holding down x/a

your dude being a piece of poo poo and growing is p cool

Mr.PayDay posted:

Edit: If you thought the NBA2K16 Spike Lee and "Frequent Vibrations" was bad, lol, that was stellar writing compared to this.

please seek help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Mr.PayDay posted:

Thanks for the solution, just gotta play mycareer to finish the Prelude then.

And no, I even quit funding Hearthstone and FIFA FUT cashgrabs after several years of moneyburning. Even with lots of disposable income it’s tedious and a hosed up business model. (That won’t stop with a crazy whale less tho).
NBA2K myteam is FUT for Basketball I assume?

yeah myteam is 2k ultimate team

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Mr.PayDay posted:

Thanks for the solution, just gotta play mycareer to finish the Prelude then.

And no, I even quit funding Hearthstone and FIFA FUT cashgrabs after several years of moneyburning. Even with lots of disposable income it’s tedious and a hosed up business model. (That won’t stop with a crazy whale less tho).
NBA2K myteam is FUT for Basketball I assume?

As someone who made fun of you for that sincere congrats for not doing that poo poo anymore

Question for thread: is "lateral quickness" basically the same stat that used to be called on ball defense?

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 17, 2018

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What is this old school thing? Did they port over like the DC nba games?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
the 2k19 story is really poo poo

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

the growth ai shows is burning down a motel, getting kicked off his dleague team, accusing his girlfriend of sabotaging him, getting dumped, and begging her not to dump him after essentially saying she ruined his life. then he meets his rival/teammate that hes 100% sure ruined his life and tried to big-man him but it turns out ai is actually completely wrong about what hes accusing his rival about doing. after this backfires on him and hes literally about to quit basketball, his friend randomly decides to give him a shot for his nba call up in a playoff decider game. your guy is objectively not an NBA player both in story (hes apparently a pretty mediocre dleague player off screen) and in game (overall ~70 vs your rivals 89).

its literally every other story where a complete rando makes the league except we're supposed to think this is a hard earned chance despite the fact your guy just fails upwards at every opportunity and gets mad at everyone for not treating him like the protagonist of a video game

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

the bit in china is the coolest bit except the only thing ai seemingly learned is that china sucks and dunking owns and his summary of his dleague experience is that passing is good

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

lol do 2K just not care about the Chinese market? Because if they do, putting in the explicit message that "China sucks LOL" seems... well, unless it's some kind of 4D-chess commentary on an American fellow experiencing culture shock and just completely not being able to adapt at all and regressing into resentful denial.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
that story sounds incredible

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If your favorite show is the oc

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

Tae posted:

Same as last year, you just instantly choose what team to play and get into your first game in like a minute.

And since it's offline, all the extra cutscene bullshit between games like interviews and long loading times talking to temamates is cut off.

It was lame after the first season that I could arbitrarily choose whichever team I wanted to play on, however.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Stevie Lee posted:

that story sounds incredible

It’s amusing

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Tae posted:

If your favorite show is the oc

My wife has been kind of listening to me play this game in the background the past week and she teases me by referring to it as "One Tree Hill: The Game"

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

lol do 2K just not care about the Chinese market? Because if they do, putting in the explicit message that "China sucks LOL" seems... well, unless it's some kind of 4D-chess commentary on an American fellow experiencing culture shock and just completely not being able to adapt at all and regressing into resentful denial.

The message is actually that china is rad and cool and AI is too much of a self obsessed shmuck to get that and wastes most of his time there being a jerkoff.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Do you not get per game goals anymore when you get to the NBA?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
No and I really wish you did.

What’s the point of the flop button? Does it actually get calls? It’s fun to do but I’ve never known if it actually has a gameplay impact

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

zelah posted:

No and I really wish you did.

What’s the point of the flop button? Does it actually get calls? It’s fun to do but I’ve never known if it actually has a gameplay impact

I hate that now if you also press it on defense it pushes an offensive player and immediately calls a foul. I usually use that button to try and skip some of the cutscenes, so I get called for random fouls all the time (or just flop).

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Giannis just put 60 on me because the ai wouldn't play any decent off ball d on him lmao (mycareer)

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Stefan Prodan posted:

As someone who made fun of you for that sincere congrats for not doing that poo poo anymore

Haha thanks Stefan, I wonder how we talk about these business models alias loot boxes in retrospective in like 10 years if the EU eventually bans this gambling mechanism in games beyond Belgium. The lobby money might lead to prolonging this tho.

So how does myteam work in Belgium now? Or is this disabled?

BTW I finally got that mypark at the final part of the Story Prelude Stuff :cheers:

Another question:
If I want to play the 96 Bulls in the Manager Mode...how to do this? I read the description as if you could select oldscool teams :thunk:

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

AggressivelyStupid posted:

you can skip the arcade game by pressing start and quit (you lose the arcade storywise) and skip anything else during the cutscenes by holding down x/a

your dude being a piece of poo poo and growing is p cool

please seek help
The Freq Spike Lee story was hilarious dumb and cringeworthy, and great to make fun of.
The AI story is simply annoying and stretched into 20 minutes cutscenes with a semi bipolar borderline virtual alter ego.
Not even funny or hilarious, just annoying.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Mr.PayDay posted:

The Freq Spike Lee story was hilarious dumb and cringeworthy, and great to make fun of.
The AI story is simply annoying and stretched into 20 minutes cutscenes with a semi bipolar borderline virtual alter ego.

that one was really bad because you had like a friend who was super annoying and would like follow you around with a camera and zoom in on your sister's rear end and poo poo and I skipped all the cutscenes

but in your second season the first cutscene was like "how are you dealing with the fact that your friend died" and I was sad there wasn't an option for "lmao that rules"

i still don't know how he actually died but good riddance

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Mr.PayDay posted:

:chloe:

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
I played the rec center some games yesterday and each game with a Kevin Durante-esque sharpshooter was killing it, these players usually made around 30 points with ~ 70 % 3pt success rate, and it feels overpowered right now. No matter if wild shots with 180 degrees, deep threes or threes out of movement or even heavily contested, they drop too often.
I am not sure if the Badges make this op or the mechanism generally.

@Stefan Prodan yeah omfg I almost forgot about that Ghost poo poo, so it comes down to mycareer cut scenes being dumb, hilarious idiotic, annoying or cringe. Or all of it.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Mr.PayDay posted:

Haha thanks Stefan, I wonder how we talk about these business models alias loot boxes in retrospective in like 10 years if the EU eventually bans this gambling mechanism in games beyond Belgium. The lobby money might lead to prolonging this tho.

So how does myteam work in Belgium now? Or is this disabled?

BTW I finally got that mypark at the final part of the Story Prelude Stuff :cheers:

Another question:
If I want to play the 96 Bulls in the Manager Mode...how to do this? I read the description as if you could select oldscool teams :thunk:

Do you mean you want to play a custom MyLeague with the 96 Bulls inserted into either a custom-made league featuring any team roster that is included with the game, or by inserting the 96 Bulls into today's league environment?

Because I believe that's possible doing a custom league.

But if you wanted to replay the entire 96 season, with accurate teams to that year, I don't think that's possible as there aren't accurate rosters for every team.

One thing I hate about the new 2K games is that since they went next-gen on the PC, they completely decimated modding support and made it really difficult.

So you don't get Ultimate Roster type stuff like you did for the older games (2k14 and earlier) where you have accurate year-by-year rosters made by modders from like, 1970 through to today.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Mr.PayDay posted:

I played the rec center some games yesterday and each game with a Kevin Durante-esque sharpshooter was killing it, these players usually made around 30 points with ~ 70 % 3pt success rate, and it feels overpowered right now. No matter if wild shots with 180 degrees, deep threes or threes out of movement or even heavily contested, they drop too often.
I am not sure if the Badges make this op or the mechanism generally.

It's like that every year and for the life of me I don't understand how it's fun

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Mygm has a hell of a lot going on. Just got to the city picking portion. I dig it so far. The big story driven narrative works better in this mode imo

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
In mycareer, how does Marcus Young go from being the second or third best player on a d-league team to turning into freaking Russel Westbrook with a three point shot for the Spurs when you play him in the NBA? He was never this good when I was playing with him for Fort Worth!

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

He put on 15 pounds of muscle

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

He trained with The Dream The Black Mamba in the offseason.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

tanglewood1420 posted:

In mycareer, how does Marcus Young go from being the second or third best player on a d-league team to turning into freaking Russel Westbrook with a three point shot for the Spurs when you play him in the NBA? He was never this good when I was playing with him for Fort Worth!

Yeah this is loving dumb, I am okay with some fantasy players in the roster but this guy totally fucks up the Spurs. He is rated 94 or something and turns the team into something totally different.

How does a fringe d league player become top 10 in the league within 6 months?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

The Duggler posted:

How does a fringe d league player become top 10 in the league within 6 months?

Same way we do

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Tae posted:

Same way we do

My dude will probably only be like a 70 something by then lol

Also I really miss the ingame goals and dynamic goals, they were a good way to make you play a little differently every game in case you wanted to get more assists or points or whatever

I bought the game on the switch so I'd have a full AAA sports game to play while traveling (the EA games are mostly all Legacy titles I think) and man the park is a loving ghost town which is pretty funny. It's definitely just a single player game but that's ok, I more or less bought it just to play single player mycareer.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm just upset it's the spurs that got him 😡😡😡

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I’m sorry if this comes off defending the game because gently caress them the minute live matches gameplay I’m out ✌🏾

But it seems they get you by getting caught up in your players rating when it really doesn’t mean poo poo to your actual performance. This isn’t a git gud, you can easily dominate from 68 and up in mycareer

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

the_american_dream posted:

I’m sorry if this comes off defending the game because gently caress them the minute live matches gameplay I’m out ✌🏾

But it seems they get you by getting caught up in your players rating when it really doesn’t mean poo poo to your actual performance. This isn’t a git gud, you can easily dominate from 68 and up in mycareer

I mean that depends on difficulty, right?

But yeah on Pro for sure you can make like 50%+ from 3 with 65 3 point shooting

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Tae posted:

Same way we do

Gave 2k $60?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Stefan Prodan posted:

I mean that depends on difficulty, right?

But yeah on Pro for sure you can make like 50%+ from 3 with 65 3 point shooting

Depends on skill yea but pro or whatever the default is is specifically what I was talking about.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
What did Portland do to the developers to warrant them being the worst or 2nd worst team in the west in mycareer

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I can't believe the mycareer storyline somehow got worse

why am I playing as an entitled poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camping.. Intense!
May 18, 2005

Absolutely
Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

What did Portland do to the developers to warrant them being the worst or 2nd worst team in the west in mycareer

Agreed! I joined them in MyCareer and it was woeful, had to trade out.