Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I keep forgetting that 2k changes the controls every year. Now dedicated post-up button is back, and it seems like 2k14 era where post up->up and under is king again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So after a couple days with the game, I would say it feels too....overtuned for physics? Elite ball handlers can't separate from bad defenders, pick and rolls are hard to do because said ball separation is impossible when they ice the pick.

Everyone has turnovers because the slightest time the ball hits a player, it goes flying off the court. I'm able to, as a base nothing, steal outright from elite ball handlers because the physics of the game heavily decreases everyone's handle.

I dunno if this is just an engine thing or it's the usual official roster being poo poo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I just play offline mycareer

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mr.PayDay posted:

You start in the NBA there from the beginning and skip all the Prelude and cutscenes, right?
What else would you be missing?

By the way, I liked the online Blacktop Streetball Stuff from 15 and 16 with your myplayer, I can’t find it in 19, only matches against CPU where I chose all players for each team?

Same as last year, you just instantly choose what team to play and get into your first game in like a minute.

And since it's offline, all the extra cutscene bullshit between games like interviews and long loading times talking to temamates is cut off.

Side-note, I figured out how to break the game. The CPU "reads" your input when you call a pick N roll, but if you reverse the side of the pick, the defender dies super hard.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If your favorite show is the oc

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Duggler posted:

How does a fringe d league player become top 10 in the league within 6 months?

Same way we do

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Pacers are excellent for a point since bogdanovic shoots and Turner is a stretch 5.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm mostly maxed at the important skills by december of mycareer.

I don't know what the online version is, and frankly I don't want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

gameplay patch notes:

-Implemented the newly approved NBA rule that resets the shot clock to 14 seconds following offensive rebounds.
-Reduced the effectiveness of on-ball steals, especially for low rated defenders by implementing the following: increased foul chances for body-to-body contact, increased ball security after rebounds when both hands are on the ball, introduced a cooldown when attempting too many steal attempts in a short amount of time, more mistargeted steal attempts for poorly rated players.
-Fixed a soft hang where an inbounder would get stuck in an off-ball deny animation, preventing him from being able to check the ball.
-Reduced injury wear and frequency for long quarter length games.
-Fixed a case where the ball handler would sometimes get stuck in a double team animation after he had lost the ball.
-Fixed an issue that was preventing up and under layups from playing properly under the basket.
-Changed the color of the Takeover rebounding reticle for Glass Cleaners to make it easier to see against darker court floors.
-Slight reduction in the effectiveness of pass lane steals that are not manually triggered.
-Adjusted shot contest animations to make them more responsive against perimeter jump shots.
-Adjusted the key zoom camera settings for 2K Low and updated some Broadcast camera angles to more accurately reflect their real-life camera locations.
-Changed the logic for the Defensive Stopper badge to apply against opponents 1 position away from the defender’s natural position or when matched up with someone within a 3-inch height difference.
-Shortened several pass flinch reaction animations to improve responsiveness.
-Bench actors will no longer twitch badly when an injured player is helped off the court.
-Fixed some artificial speedups and reduced clipping by defenders when transitioning into hip rides.
-Reduced the frequency of defenders bodying up ball handlers into back court violations.
-Reduced clipping that could sometimes happen when two players were fighting for rebounds.
-Increased the speed at which a defender can move while in hands-up.