Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I've only played two games vs humans but Caceres with sentinel feels good. Also Viera has been my standout player so far. I think dribbling stats are gonna matter a lot more this year. I'm gonna build a squad around IF BWP (I'm a redbulls fan) while his card will still be good early on. 89 finishing, power header, I'm gonna use marksman on him I think. I'm gonna set up in a 4 2 3 1 using his stong link to kaku (gamarra) and kaku's strong paraguay link to almiron. Just gonna fill the rest of the team in with serie A players I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Tzen posted:

There's also the "Bronze Pack Method", but it won't pay off until you have access to the full game and can list 100 transfers at once. I've been doing it with this limit of 30 transfers and have made 5k in one day of doing it. - Once the full game is out and more people are buying random bronzes to complete SBCs / need fitness cards / etc. you'll rack in a lot more over the course of a day. I remember during FIFA 18 I could make 15-30k a day doing it.

This reddit post explains it: https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/6z88tw/imaduckquackk_bpm_bronze_pack_method/

An example just now,
I bought a 400 bronze pack. It came with 4 players. 2 of those players sold for 200 coins. 1 player was worth more and just sold for 800 coins. The other player will eventually sell, as will the 2 fitness cards. - Spent 400 coins, immediately earned the 400 coin investment and made 800 profit. Will eventually earn another 600 profit from the fitness cards & player.

It's small profits, but over the course of a day/week, it adds up and takes zero effort or thinking.

Awesome, thank you! I created my UT last night, now I'm at work and I tried to log into the FUT Web App, but it says I cannot use it because I have a trial version of the game (The EA Access 10 hour trial). Is it possible to use the Web App now, or do I need to wait until the 25th?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

Awesome, thank you! I created my UT last night, now I'm at work and I tried to log into the FUT Web App, but it says I cannot use it because I have a trial version of the game (The EA Access 10 hour trial). Is it possible to use the Web App now, or do I need to wait until the 25th?

Web App should be available for everyone atm

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

There's no way anyone can be playing the game right now besides the EA Access 10 hour trial, correct?

When I try to log on to the web app, it says: "Sorry, trial access users cannot use the FIFA 19 Companion App or Web App. You must purchase a full copy of FIFA19 and log into FUT on your console or PC before you can use Companion Apps."

I already purchased the game. I pre-ordered it over a week ago. I already started the game on my Xbone and created my FUT club, and opened all my packs and set my team up, etc.

Any ideas why I can't use the App?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

There's no way anyone can be playing the game right now besides the EA Access 10 hour trial, correct?

When I try to log on to the web app, it says: "Sorry, trial access users cannot use the FIFA 19 Companion App or Web App. You must purchase a full copy of FIFA19 and log into FUT on your console or PC before you can use Companion Apps."

I already purchased the game. I pre-ordered it over a week ago. I already started the game on my Xbone and created my FUT club, and opened all my packs and set my team up, etc.

Any ideas why I can't use the App?

I think some people's accounts are bugged, that happened last year too. You can call EA about it but iirc they had no idea what was going on and just had to tell some people to wait until the game was out :(

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I got IF Werner from one of my SBC packs!

Dunno whether to sell him now or wait a couple weeks to sell him before the first weekend league, or whatever

I'll probably sell him now, I think I can make more by trading for a few days than holding onto him and just getting the 20-30k rise from him alone

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Stefan Prodan posted:

I think some people's accounts are bugged, that happened last year too. You can call EA about it but iirc they had no idea what was going on and just had to tell some people to wait until the game was out :(

I contacted support and they basically told me this. That sucks. :(

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
the drat teams already in this game

this dickhead put 5 past me in the first half and i got within inches of tying it up in the 89th minute.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stefan Prodan posted:

I got IF Werner from one of my SBC packs!

Dunno whether to sell him now or wait a couple weeks to sell him before the first weekend league, or whatever

I'll probably sell him now, I think I can make more by trading for a few days than holding onto him and just getting the 20-30k rise from him alone
drat what luck!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Tzen posted:

drat what luck!

Yeah I'm starting with like 125k at least now which is pretty sweet

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I got IF Xhaka who will shoot up to like 40k when POTM comes around. In the mean time I'm gonna build an old school 433 (2) and use him as a deeplying playmaker for now like how I used to use Xabi Alonso.

ALSO I GOT BALE IN AN SBC PACK.

Guess who's on easy street. Hell yea. Debating on selling him now (around ~450k) and just super investing in IFs while they're dirt cheap and people have no coins or waiting until he possibly rises around WL to ~600k

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

I got IF Xhaka who will shoot up to like 40k when POTM comes around. In the mean time I'm gonna build an old school 433 (2) and use him as a deeplying playmaker for now like how I used to use Xabi Alonso.

Guess who's on easy street. Hell yea. Debating on selling him now (around ~450k) and just super investing in IFs while they're dirt cheap and people have no coins or waiting until he possibly rises around WL to ~600k

jesus christ

My best pull was the inform serie a goalkeeper who is discard.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Seltzer posted:

jesus christ

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

My best pull to date is from a daily login reward, PL pack, Giroud, sold for 1.7k. :flaccid:

I still have hope. The past 3 FIFA's I've either pulled an Icon or some insane IF.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Seltzer posted:

Hooray

One thing I don't get is like how people are even getting for example a million coins to buy a million coin player on PS4

You can't buy points so like, suppose you pack Ronaldo, how does someone have the coins to buy him? You can say well they packed someone really high themselves, but then okay, how did someone else have the coins to buy that player? etc

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stefan Prodan posted:

Hooray

One thing I don't get is like how people are even getting for example a million coins to buy a million coin player on PS4

You can't buy points so like, suppose you pack Ronaldo, how does someone have the coins to buy him? You can say well they packed someone really high themselves, but then okay, how did someone else have the coins to buy that player? etc
On twitter/reddit I saw some guys were getting the actual game disc early, due to having family/friends that work at game stores. That and people transferring their FIFA points from 18 over to their new account during their 10-hour early access game time.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Whales. People buying thousands of dollars in fifa points and quickselling a lot of trash. Also EA access has been up for like 4 days now so match coins are in the game. Anyone buying a 250k plus player right now is a whale or a top .5% trader.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Seltzer posted:

Whales. People buying thousands of dollars in fifa points and quickselling a lot of trash. Also EA access has been up for like 4 days now so match coins are in the game. Anyone buying a 250k plus player right now is a whale or a top .5% trader.

I'm talking about PS4, there is no early access, and afiak you can't buy points from the web app

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

I'm talking about PS4, there is no early access, and afiak you can't buy points from the web app

you can normally absolutely buy points from the web app

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

hopterque posted:

you can normally absolutely buy points from the web app

How? I'm not gonna do it but I don't see that anywhere so now I'm curious

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
https://twinfinite.net/2018/09/fifa-19-buy-fifa-points-web-app-can-you/

"Sadly, it’s not possible to buy FIFA Points on the Web App, and that seems unlikely to change any time soon. For past entries in the FIFA series, when the Web App has gone live and enabled people to manage almost every aspect of their Ultimate Team from the comfort of their computer or mobile device, the ability to buy FIFA Points through this app has never been available."

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

you just click the fifa points (there's the little green 100 and coins and a red + sign underneath coin totals in my pic) and it opens a page to buy points. Same place its always been, so idk what that website is smoking

e: maybe the article inevitably written by someone who has no idea what any of this stuff even is is confusing the web "app" which is just a webpage with the mobile app, which is actually an app, and maybe you can't buy fifa points on there?

hopterque fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Sep 23, 2018

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Mine doesn't have the plus sign, maybe you had to do something to link a card and set that up

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

These fut rival rewards seem.... overly generous? If you rank 2 you can choose 44 ,000 coins and apparently 40% of the competition qualifies for that rank.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Some quick thoughts. Wide formations are good but the 433 2 seems like poo poo. Strength will be very important this year I think. You can actually cut in and score goals again which is great. Finesse shots might be quite good again, and lastly I think you're going to want pacey CBs, more than you usually do. It could be a small sample/chem style but Caceres with sentinel is amazing, and koscielny and mustafi on basic are terrible. My favorite playes so far are Jonathan Viera, Caceres, Almiron, Batshuayi, and Wakaso. I forget which year it was where the key to winning games was subbing on Renato Sanches with 30 mins left and a lead but Wakaso is a kind of like that.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there anything on the FUT transfer market I should keep an eye out for buying low this early in the game, that I can turn around and sell for a profit?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

Is there anything on the FUT transfer market I should keep an eye out for buying low this early in the game, that I can turn around and sell for a profit?

Any good players pretty much

They are gonna rise sharply around the time of the first weekend league when people spend their coins on a team so that they can get the best possible record

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

At what point do I stop doing the Bronze Pack Method and move to something more profitable? I’ve been doing the BPM but not much sells. I have about 8k coins now, should I blow them all on bronze packs or do something else?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

RCarr posted:

At what point do I stop doing the Bronze Pack Method and move to something more profitable? I’ve been doing the BPM but not much sells. I have about 8k coins now, should I blow them all on bronze packs or do something else?

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to lose coins doing that method so.... as long as you like. More bronzes will sell when the game releases to for the sbcs. Just buy the 400 packs and put every player on the transfer list until you fill it up and then just autorelist. I dont do it because it's boring and I hit the lottery but it's definitely good when you're starting out.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Should I bother trying to sell the non player cards? I know fitness and healing cards will probably sell, but kits, stadiums, balls, training, etc. should all be quick sold or what?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

RCarr posted:

Should I bother trying to sell the non player cards? I know fitness and healing cards will probably sell, but kits, stadiums, balls, training, etc. should all be quick sold or what?

Fitness and healing really wont sell until the game is out unfortunately. All that other stuff is fluff yea so quicksell it unless there is some incredibly cool rare bronze kit that I'm not aware of.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
holy poo poo this bug where your player decides to take finesse shots for no reason is loving annoying and potentially/probably cost me two games today. Nothing better than powering one up to really nail into the far corner or near post or from distance or whatever and your guy just goes "hmm, actually..." and side foots it softly right at the keeper.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Here's my hot trading tip. Remember everything I say about trading is a suggestion and I take no responsibility if you lose your shirt doing what I do. That being said this one is pretty easy, I just wanted to be done with it myself before I shared it. Players who transfer to a club not in the game get their cards pulled from packs, when they do that very early on in the game cycle it makes their cards very rare and the price jumps even if they are trash. Well, Negredo transferred from besiktas to some UAE club and I won 45 of his card for 350 coins on open bid. He'll probably be pulled next week. Could hit 10k but even if he just hits 1-2k it's still an easy flip. I'll share my next scheme after I'm done doing it myself. Good luck.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

When do you sell him?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Not for awhile, tying up 15k coins or whatever into a 50-200k windfall isn't a big deal

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Keep in mind this requires ea being diligent but if he gets pulled next week he's gonna be very rare as time goes on.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I accidentally left my Xbox on so my 10 hour trial ran out. :( And my account is bugged so I can’t use the app or website to buy or sell. :(

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

RCarr posted:

I accidentally left my Xbox on so my 10 hour trial ran out. :( And my account is bugged so I can’t use the app or website to buy or sell. :(
Welp that loving sucks. Doubt EA would do anything about it either, or at least wouldn't solve it by the time the game is completely released.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I plan to use an RM/RW/RF in my Bundesliga squad. I saved up 15k from the webapp. I bought Robben for 14.5k. loving a? I figured his price would increase and the time to get him was now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
He won't be too expensive he's slow this year