Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stefan Prodan posted:

He won't be too expensive he's slow this year
Yeah I figured his price increase would only be since he's an 85 rated card, for SBC fodder and whatnot. I had a Hawk card and put it on him, bringing his stats to:
PACE +5, 84
Acceleration +5, 88
Sprint Speed +5, 81
which will be serviceable until I get a Hunter card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can someone explain the SBC to me? I was at the UT challenge list part where I was supposed to use SBC and when I went there it wouldn’t let me do anything. Is it not released yet or what?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Tzen posted:

Yeah I figured his price increase would only be since he's an 85 rated card, for SBC fodder and whatnot. I had a Hawk card and put it on him, bringing his stats to:
PACE +5, 84
Acceleration +5, 88
Sprint Speed +5, 81
which will be serviceable until I get a Hunter card.

To be honest I packed the 88 IF Robben as one of my monthlies in 17 and I always felt like he never really played as good as his stats indicated, I dunno. It always made me have to be really predictable to cut in with him, too. Everyone knows you can't do anything if they just make you keep going outside.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Seltzer posted:

Here's my hot trading tip. Remember everything I say about trading is a suggestion and I take no responsibility if you lose your shirt doing what I do. That being said this one is pretty easy, I just wanted to be done with it myself before I shared it. Players who transfer to a club not in the game get their cards pulled from packs, when they do that very early on in the game cycle it makes their cards very rare and the price jumps even if they are trash. Well, Negredo transferred from besiktas to some UAE club and I won 45 of his card for 350 coins on open bid. He'll probably be pulled next week. Could hit 10k but even if he just hits 1-2k it's still an easy flip. I'll share my next scheme after I'm done doing it myself. Good luck.

This is a cool idea. I'm on PS4 so I picked some up although they are up to like 500-600 now.

What I don't get it is, even with 0 supply, where will the demand come from? I mean sure he's still rare but he'll be still a 78 overall crap card, is it just the combination of nation/league in case it pops up as useful in an SBC?

Anyway since I'm PS4 feel free to PM me any hot trading schemes you are planning if you ever want free poker coaching or something!!

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Stefan Prodan posted:

This is a cool idea. I'm on PS4 so I picked some up although they are up to like 500-600 now.

What I don't get it is, even with 0 supply, where will the demand come from? I mean sure he's still rare but he'll be still a 78 overall crap card, is it just the combination of nation/league in case it pops up as useful in an SBC?

Anyway since I'm PS4 feel free to PM me any hot trading schemes you are planning if you ever want free poker coaching or something!!

Yea I scoped it out a few days ago and slowly stacked them at 350. People are catching on now, slowly. The demand ultimately comes down to sheer numbers. The fifa userbase is loving huge and this guy will be packed such a tiny tiny amount compared to everything else in the game. People who want him will have a very limited supply to begin with. Add on the fact that people will quick sell him, use him in sbcs, stop playing fifa and leave him in their account etc. etc. and the supply just shrinks as the game goes on. Pre sbc era cards did the same thing. In fifa 13 Jermaine Jones 77 rated schalke card which was out for 6 months went from like 2k to 20k. The card was good but not crazy or anything.

Last year the Adrien Silva Sporting card which wasn't great either reached 80-100k. Granted that card was rare (as opposed to nonrare) and I believe out a shorter period than Negredo but it shows you people will pay a lot when the supply is low no matter how poo poo the card.

I don't have pms but I'll just drop my tips in here when I'm done doing them myself but while they're still viable. Other stuff where other people's trading can't possibly effect me I'll share right away. Like if you have 50k and nothing to spend it on getting five of the 83 rated 10k informs this week is a cannot fail strategy. I think there are higher returns to be had (and quicker) at the moment so I'm doing other stuff but that's just an example.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 24, 2018

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm gonna probably load up on squad fitness tonight and then a couple 20k players that are at 35-40k on xbox and then just build a team with like 20k or something like a bundesliga team or whatever

I overestimated my coin total before I think I have right around 100k so I might just try to be patient this year and only spend like 25 percent of my coins and see if I can trade to a few million or something, shouldn't be hard on top of rewards

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
So i finished in Elite 3 after grinding the legendary AI down. Once you stay patient and get the hang of slow buildup plays and dribbling and "send a player running for a potential through ball" and the AI breaks formation, you got enough space. I usually finish with 70%+ possession as I keep the ball in the first half passing around.

Now all that work got me 1 Mega Pack, 2 Premium Goldplayers Packs and 12 k coins.

Now I wonder how some people beat Ultimate and they have to beat ultimate I guess, to finish in the top 100 or to 50? While you can control the game against Ultimate AI, I felt, hey, that style against legend AI might work here, too. But once I score, the ultimate AI just switches to full pressing all over the pitch and wrecks me. I hardly intercept passes, ii is almost impossible to block shots an I get equalized within minutes and can't beat them from there on. How do you regularly beat Ultimate AI? Maybe it is just practrice, but these games are an excercise in frustration so far and limit the own ranking progress because I can't beat the highest AI. And thats like 300-400 points difference every game to legendary AI, and this sums up over the Squad Battle days.
And of course, the games I lost and will lose against legendary as well, because sometimes you make errors and wanted to force it too much, is really heavy loss on top of that.

I like this mode because it is a risk and reward system depending on your own skill vs AI, but beating Ultimate seems impossible for me, right now. But then again, how will you get into the Top 50+?

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Seltzer posted:

Whales. People buying thousands of dollars in fifa points and quickselling a lot of trash. Also EA access has been up for like 4 days now so match coins are in the game. Anyone buying a 250k plus player right now is a whale or a top .5% trader.

As a former big spender in this gambling card simulator I can confirm that something around 8 to 10 x 12K FIFA points within the first days allow you pulling and buying cards to build a Top Team with 185+ OVR and send you into the Top 100 List.
I got so many coins on top of that by selling Team Fitness Cards, Chem Cards and Training/Stats Boost Cards plus all the double cards you finally get and you quciksell them or list them as well.

In Fifa 16 and 17 I had an 185+ Team and 300K to 500K on top of that and like 2000 players in my Club.
From there own I invested in the 2-4 informs every week to sell with profit later. So you never ever are short on coins once you spend several hundred bucks.

Of course if you want icons, Ronald, Messi or Neymar packed or coins to buy them within the forst weeks, you need sth like 800k to 1000K Fifa Points. And the next quarter again. Like the streamers, but they don't spend the viewers money, not their own ;)
IIRC the top whales and streamers invest sth between 10k and 25 K Euros/Dollars over every Fifa iteration.

I usually ended around 1000 Euro +/- evey FIFA 15, 16 and 17 and it was stupid wasted money for some weeks of "fun" as a shortcut and playing without limits and grinding. This business model is absolutely madness, but the shareholders are happy, and I fueled it in hindsight.

Now I have more fun playing broinze and silver squads or cheap gold squads and grind from there.

Mr.PayDay fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Sep 24, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Where did you all pre-order the game from? I did it off the Microsoft store website. Is that maybe why I can’t access the FUT Web or Companion apps yet?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I'm assuming you need an already-created FUT team from a previous edition. I have my FUT team from 2018 transferred over sans items and I haven't preordered yet.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’ve played every year but 2018. Maybe since I never had a 2018 FUT squad, I can’t get on the 2019 app? Still makes no sense because I have a 2019 FUT squad made already.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Built my cheap squad for tomorrow and the next couple weeks I guess:

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=yPzw1WxjnOdBH:FFA19PS4

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
was able to scrape together an RPL squad, minus manuel fernandes

have my seria a and lique 1 squads about half done

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I thought all preorders got access to the game 3 days early but apparently it’s just the champions edition and the ultimate edition. Welp I upgraded my preorder because I can’t help myself!

Still don’t have access to the web or the companion apps, I better get access tomorrow!

Is buying a ton of squad fitness cards as soon as the game comes out a good investment? Surely they will rise in price over the first week or two?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 24, 2018

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I always buy the few extra days for $20, I don't really care about the extra packs but I'll pay $7 a day or whatever to play early, sure

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

I thought all preorders got access to the game 3 days early but apparently it’s just the champions edition and the ultimate edition. Welp I upgraded my preorder because I can’t help myself!

Still don’t have access to the web or the companion apps, I better get access tomorrow!

Is buying a ton of squad fitness cards as soon as the game comes out a good investment? Surely they will rise in price over the first week or two?

Yeah I've bought probably 50 or so at 400 each, you can definitely sell them for 600-700 once weekend league rolls around no problem

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Stefan Prodan posted:

Yeah I've bought probably 50 or so at 400 each, you can definitely sell them for 600-700 once weekend league rolls around no problem

Before my trial ran out yesterday I didn’t see any going for less than 600-700 (Xbox). Should I buy them at that price or no?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

Before my trial ran out yesterday I didn’t see any going for less than 600-700 (Xbox). Should I buy them at that price or no?

That's a pretty close call tbh, if they're already that high. I think you could probably get them pretty regularly for that during WL last year, especially once people started getting reward packs that are just full of rare consumables (like the rare gold packs etc)

That was on PS4 tho, maybe they got higher on xbox, seltzer would know

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

vivisectvnv posted:

was able to scrape together an RPL squad, minus manuel fernandes

have my seria a and lique 1 squads about half done

I was thinking wow the russian league looks poo poo this year for a really long time until I realized they only licensed 3 teams. Major bummer. Smolov looks incredible and an IF shatov at LW woulda been great.

Hot insider trading tip number 2. So I check out the scores in most of the big leagues every weekend (whether I'm playing fifa or not) and I keep and eye out for any cool performances. On normal weeks if you spot these early then buying the players cheap and waiting for them to be out of packs when the totw comes is some nice easy profit. Though the returns aren't that great and the risk is usually high so I usually avoid it. However, each year I target a player or two that I think will be a lock for totw and buy a lot of them as there price goes wayyyyyy up since they go out of packs and have only been in packs for a week. I did it with balotelli at 2k and he went to 8k as a past example. Well Shoya Nakajima had 2g 1a and a 9.3 rating (on the wing), so I think he's basically a 100% lock. Even better no one online put them in their predictions (yet) which influences prices a bunch. So I bought 45 for 650 open bid (he's rare). I'm pretty sure the word is still not out on him and you can get him for 650. Should be a nice 1.5 to 3k price next week. Please just don't undercut the poo poo out of me on xbox when I'm trying to offload them.

e- I don't really do consumable trading. My main trading consists of really opportunistic sneaky low risk high possible return stuff that other people aren't onto like the two tips I've posted so far and then just investing in high rated discard IFs which takes zero time and is zero risk.

e2- looks like negredos bin is already at 800, I wonder if he's out of packs.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 24, 2018

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Are those jumbo packs gonna be worth it?? I’m really tempted to buy the champion’s edition.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The Kingfish posted:

Are those jumbo packs gonna be worth it?? I’m really tempted to buy the champion’s edition.

I get 20% off the game every year through the previous games in game discount and ea access so for 20 bucks its worth it to me. The extra packs are fun and sort you out for fitness and contracts for the entire year. They're really good if you're new/aren't good and it's a fun bonus each week. Never buy fifa points though, remember that rule.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Kingfish posted:

they're dogshit, they have value for the first couple of weeks but any sort of half involved play (like, if you do squad battles weekly and get gold 1) will render them obsolete extremely quickly.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Anyone know what time the 3 day early access opens?

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
looks like tomorrow?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

1 hour EST time, so I assume midnight wherever you are

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stefan Prodan posted:

Built my cheap squad for tomorrow and the next couple weeks I guess:

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=yPzw1WxjnOdBH:FFA19PS4
drat nice squad.

I could have built something similar with my Robben money, but I'll take an early gamble on him. I see he's now going for 17-8k, so if it turns out he is poo poo, I'll at least sell him back at a profit.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

RCarr posted:

Anyone know what time the 3 day early access opens?
As others said, soon. As in 28 minutes soon.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Tzen posted:

drat nice squad.

I could have built something similar with my Robben money, but I'll take an early gamble on him. I see he's now going for 17-8k, so if it turns out he is poo poo, I'll at least sell him back at a profit.

Yeah I just got disillusioned with him when I had the 88 one a couple years ago cause you can only really do one thing with him and it might work in real life since he can genuinely beat people off the dribble, but if it's a year where dribbling isn't good like 16 or 17 it's pretty hard to make him work

He might be ok this year because players seem much more responsive. A slow but agile dribbler like Robben or Ribery (or maybe even Zlatan!!!) might be actually playable this year

Actually maybe I shouldn't lump Zlatan in with "agile", though he does have 5 star skill moves

I'm curious to see how the 4-3-2-1 works this year, I liked it in 17 although like sometimes I feel like you really need a lot of money because to make it work super well you need CMs that can shoot and kinda do everything and obviously they're *extremely Mr. Dink voice* VERY EXPENSIVE

I had to go with Mario Gotze because as a goon I can't not use someone named Goatse

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Sep 25, 2018

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah I dunno if I'll get on mic but if anyone wants to see some gameplay I'll probably stream my first few games tonight, I'll probably play for an hour or two unless something comes up

Also, I bought up a couple Fernandinhos at 20k because he was selling for 35k on Xbox so I figured that's a lot of profit margin if he goes up that much, and I had one listed at 30k just for shits, and someone bought him!!! I immediately bought another for 26.5k to try and re sell tomorrow so that was a cool little 2.5k profit for just listing him

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Sep 25, 2018

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Lol it made me forfeit my first game from turning twitch on but I'm streaming now, oops

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I ended up going 5-1-2, 3-1-1 in placements counting my fake loss to put me at div 5, hopefully I can get out of that because in div 5 you have to win like 30 games to get in weekend league at all lol

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
the outside the box long shot bugging into a finesse/sidefooted shot is quite annoying, definitely was not the case in the beta, in which i also had the "time shot" feature turned off as well

hope they amend that soon

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

God drat this game. So I finally get access to the FUT Web/Companion app and it says "Your account has been blocked from using the Transfer Market due to breaking our rules. Check the e-mail associated with your EA Account for more info."

The only thing I've done is buy some bronze packs and sell the players for 200 BIN. Also there I didn't get any e-mail. What the gently caress?

Edit: The companion app says something different though. "Your account has not earned access to the Transfer Market on the Web and Companion apps yet. Continue playing FUT 19 on Xbox One to unlock access to the Transfer Market."

Maybe one day I will be able to use the features I paid for, thanks EA.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Sep 25, 2018

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Any suspicious activity on your account? I can be EA loving up too so you may want to try customer support just in case.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Guillermus posted:

Any suspicious activity on your account? I can be EA loving up too so you may want to try customer support just in case.

I haven't played FIFA since 17, and I played like 6 UT team games and bought some bronze packs and listed the players on the transfer market for 150 start price and 200 BIN. That's literally the extent of my activity in the last 2 years.

Edit: Now the phrasing on the web app matches the companion app. They both say "Your account has not earned access to the Transfer Market on the Web and Companion apps yet. Continue playing FUT 19 on Xbox One to unlock access to the Transfer Market."

RCarr fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Sep 25, 2018

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
It took like 30 games for my web app transfer market to unlock so I wouldn't panic yet.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

hopterque posted:

It took like 30 games for my web app transfer market to unlock so I wouldn't panic yet.

Yea if that's the case, whatever, I'm not too upset. It was the fact there was a message accusing me of cheating or something that bothered me. I guess it was an error though since it's gone now.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Seltzer posted:

Yea I scoped it out a few days ago and slowly stacked them at 350. People are catching on now, slowly. The demand ultimately comes down to sheer numbers. The fifa userbase is loving huge and this guy will be packed such a tiny tiny amount compared to everything else in the game. People who want him will have a very limited supply to begin with. Add on the fact that people will quick sell him, use him in sbcs, stop playing fifa and leave him in their account etc. etc. and the supply just shrinks as the game goes on. Pre sbc era cards did the same thing. In fifa 13 Jermaine Jones 77 rated schalke card which was out for 6 months went from like 2k to 20k. The card was good but not crazy or anything.

Last year the Adrien Silva Sporting card which wasn't great either reached 80-100k. Granted that card was rare (as opposed to nonrare) and I believe out a shorter period than Negredo but it shows you people will pay a lot when the supply is low no matter how poo poo the card.

I don't have pms but I'll just drop my tips in here when I'm done doing them myself but while they're still viable. Other stuff where other people's trading can't possibly effect me I'll share right away. Like if you have 50k and nothing to spend it on getting five of the 83 rated 10k informs this week is a cannot fail strategy. I think there are higher returns to be had (and quicker) at the moment so I'm doing other stuff but that's just an example.

How long do you plan on holding these Negrado cards before selling? Are we talking a few weeks, or months?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

RCarr posted:

How long do you plan on holding these Negrado cards before selling? Are we talking a few weeks, or months?

I personally don't really care much about doing anything quick because it cost ~15k for 45 cards. It's not a lot of coins to wait on. As soon as they pull him he will go up a decent amount then trend slowly from there. If a turklig MM sbc gets released or anything like that it's just a bigger windfall. Btw I packed IF Strakosha in my weekly packs and got 83 Bailly in my CL card pick thing lol. Negredo as I said partly has to do with how lazy EA get in removing him, Nakajima if he gets picked tommorow is a lock for coins. Aside from that I'm waiting to sell Bale the week before the first WL and then I'm just gonna stack discard IFs. Oh... Also sunderland terminated Ndong's contract yesterday and he's a really good silver so I got 5 of him for 1k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Seltzer posted:

Sorry for all the stupid questions, but I'm knew to this so it's all foreign to me. What makes getting these 10k informs guaranteed profit?